Shirt Idea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2015, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2015 01:12 PM by ghostexorcist.)
Shirt Idea
I'm currently reading the book The Real Planet of the Apes: A New Story of Human Origins (2015) by David R. Begun. The author describes how Georges Cuvier (1769–1832), the "Father of Paleontology" and a devout Christian, famously exclaimed "L'homme fossile n'existe pas" (fossil man does not exist). This included any type of fossil primate. When he was confronted with evidence of a fossil ape, he completely ignored it. Begun believes Cuvier didn't comment on it because his keen scientific mind no doubt recognized the importance of the find and, therefore, felt conflicted as it contradicted his religious beliefs. Other sources point out that, because of Cuvier's high status in the scientific pantheon, it negatively impacted the acceptance of evolution.

I think Cuvier's statement stands as the perfect description of creationists and how their science is informed by the bible. It gave me the idea for a shirt. Tell me what you guys think?

[Image: dQEKdm.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like ghostexorcist's post
27-12-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: Shirt Idea
What do you think should go on the back?
27-12-2015, 01:23 PM
(27-12-2015 01:11 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  What do you think should go on the back?

"Who's your daddy?"

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
27-12-2015, 02:25 PM
(27-12-2015 01:11 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  What do you think should go on the back?

I think that should be the back so it can be bigger, on the front just the words L’homme fossile n’existe pas with a skull next to it on the upper left of the shirt.

I want one.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
27-12-2015, 02:34 PM
A nice picture of Jesus could go on the back, with the caption 'Or this'
[+] 1 user Likes Thewonderer's post
27-12-2015, 02:36 PM

Cogito ergo doom.

Never mind DLJ's got it. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-12-2015, 03:37 PM
(27-12-2015 02:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

I think that should be the back so it can be bigger, on the front just the words L’homme fossile n’existe pas with a skull next to it on the upper left of the shirt.

I want one.

That's a good idea. I would love to get some of these printed up, but the diagram was taken from google images and appears to come from some text book. I'm sure there might be some copyright issues.
27-12-2015, 03:40 PM

On the back could go: If man was made from dust, why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
28-12-2015, 10:33 AM

"cdesign proponentsists" the missing link has been found
28-12-2015, 11:11 AM
(27-12-2015 03:40 PM)DerFish Wrote:  

On the back could go: If man was made from dust, why is there still dust?

If man came from dust, why aren't we bunnies? Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post