Shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: Shit
(29-08-2017 08:10 AM)Leerob Wrote:  

Don't forget that your situation now has a timer on it and things will start to get better soon.
You have a busy year in front of you! Let's focus on that little light at the end of your tunnel (and no, that is not a train coming your way).

AH my blood sugar! hehe Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2017, 09:17 AM

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
29-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Alright so finally this is ready to go!

Jesse and I have been talking on how we can get him out of the US.
Moving with his pets to Ireland (and finding an apartment that allows for pets) will require some funds. We did the maths and worked out a time line.
So now we can start working on the funds.

Him selling his shit right before he leaves will probably make him something of $3k-$5k. The whole cost of his move over here to Ireland, will be at around 10k. This includes visa, passport, paperwork, deposit, first rent, tickets, transport of the pets, and about 2-3 months of financial buffer.

We have set up a gofundme for him and for his birthday it is ready to go. How fitting.
https://www.gofundme.com/help-jesses-dream
We set the goal to 10k just in case he wouldn't get as much for his stuff as he thought. So to make sure he has the funds he needs.

Target is to get him here before his next birthday so every little bit of help will be highly appreciated. If you cannot give money, feel free to share his campaign on social media to spread the word.

Here it is one more time

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
29-08-2017, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 11:21 AM by JesseB.)
(29-08-2017 10:37 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Alright so finally this is ready to go!

Jesse and I have been talking on how we can get him out of the US.
Moving with his pets to Ireland (and finding an apartment that allows for pets) will require some funds. We did the maths and worked out a time line.
So now we can start working on the funds.

Him selling his shit right before he leaves will probably make him something of $3k-$5k. The whole cost of his move over here to Ireland, will be at around 10k. This includes visa, passport, paperwork, deposit, first rent, tickets, transport of the pets, and about 2-3 months of financial buffer.

We have set up a gofundme for him and for his birthday it is ready to go. How fitting.
We set the goal to 10k just in case he wouldn't get as much for his stuff as he thought. So to make sure he has the funds he needs.

Target is to get him here before his next birthday so every little bit of help will be highly appreciated. If you cannot give money, feel free to share his campaign on social media to spread the word.

Here it is one more time

What to say what to say. Meh I'm a fucking loudmouth, so I'm sure whatever I say it'll be too much...

I promised Leerob no "thank you's" until I'm in Ireland. So instead I'll say this.

Rob has really been dependable. Frankly he's been a total asshole, doggedly keeping me from self destruction. Jerk... Kidding he's a fantastic person and more friend than I think I probably deserve. Morondog and Rob had this idea at pretty much the same time and kinda sparked all of this and set it into motion. I've been wanting to get away for a very long time but didn't want to make the mistake of going somewhere where I didn't know anyone. But I knew if I remained here any effort would be doomed to failure, anyone who's read other posts of mine has most of the story already.

I didn't think anyone would give enough of a shit to actually put all this together, so even if nothing comes from it the fact that people stepped up for me (including someone else who at their request will remain anonymous) means so much to me. I want to build a life for myself, have a job, hopefully go back to school even. And not feel alone anymore.

Anyway, while I'm forbidden from saying thank you to Leerob, thank you to anyone else who shares or donates or supports this effort.

Edit^ (cause I always do this...) I really can't stress enough how much planning and thought and effort has gone into this so far, and Leerob really does deserve a lot of praise for his effort on that front. He's really quite the slave driver when he wants shit done lol Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
29-08-2017, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 11:46 AM by JesseB.)
This is how my cat celebrates my birthday. Funny... doesn't she do this every day?

[Image: rjSntFr.jpg]

Big Grin
29-08-2017, 11:56 AM
[Image: 4ca13330-45cc-42bc-befe-01005a7e5921.jpg]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
02-09-2017, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 02:41 PM by JesseB.)
Yup, Friday was fucking rough. But I survived!

I had my interview finally. I'm really annoyed that I keep sitting down with employers only to be told at the onset of the interview "We have already filled all available positions." Then why the fuck are you wasting my time asshole?

That said they later admitted a couple of their new hires aren't working out and they have someone else who was injured that they expect won't be able to return to work (ever), so.... they said hang tight they won't be calling me for a job right away but they did really like me and want me on their team as soon as they are able to get me. It was a really enjoyable conversation I didn't get the vibe that they were blowing smoke up my ass (it helps I'm one of the more qualified individuals in this area).

Edit oh one of the two guys I interviewed with was the owner of the company, he seemed to really like me so there's that.

No joke, I rode down all dressed up in a tow truck (with my truck on the back) in 110 degree weather (43 degrees for all you metric folks out there) and the tow trucks AC was broke lol, the guys were fun to talk to though. The mechanic shop gave me a ride to the interview, then the manager at the grocery store across the street asked one of the employee's to give me a ride back to my truck (taxi service had a 3 hour delay! so it was really cool of them to help out). And the mechanic promptly took ALL my money (cries) 900 dollars for a whole new breaking system. Not joking, got my check pulled all my money out of the ATM and when I get to the mechanic I was expecting like a 500 dollar bill or so, they said 900 I had the cash in my hand and I was like, "but but that's all of this!" You know I have to pay rent still ya? They weren't willing to make payment arrangements so... fuck... I had to fix it or I'd be sleeping in the street. Oh joy! Whelp my truck runs now and more importantly it stops! I just gotta bust my ass making some money or something now so I can pay the rest of my bills this month. Good times...

(for those of you who wouldn't understand, I live over an hour from the nearest gas station. It's even farther to town where the mechanic shop is. I would never have gotten home if I hadn't fixed my truck. End of story.)

Big Grin
02-09-2017, 02:56 PM
This reminds me of a story...

There's a little old lady up here, she's mostly harmless but clearly schizophrenic, about 70 years old with severe drug and alcohol addictions. She moved up here last winter (I remember because a concerned friend from Fresno got my info and contacted me worried because she had disappeared and no one knew where she was. This ended with me driving through couple feet of snow over to her house, Thankfully at the time I was borrowing my dad's jeep, without his permission or knowledge... cough... Anyway she wasn't there she turned up few weeks later).

Anyway this was last month sometime Scott the sheriff arrested her for drunk driving (I think). He followed her home took her not to Porterville (bit over an hour away, where I got my truck fixed) but instead to the police station in Visallia (A good 4 hours away) They held her there for 16 hours then dumped her on the street with nothing, her car and money and house was up here. She ended up on the street for 2 weeks before finally someone gave her a ride back up the mountain. I ran into her the other day at the resort and she told me the story. I was like "Thanks Scott, real big of you treating a schizophrenic person like that"

She's like me, virtually no one alive gives a flying fuck about her. I wouldn't consider her a friend but I have tried to help out. She got pretty nasty with me when she found out I don't believe in anything (I didn't tell her but when I kept answering no to "do you believe in_____" she eventually figured it out. Since then I've been to scared to interact with her. She come's up sometimes and talks to me when she see's me though)

Big Grin