Shit Steve Harvey Says

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Shit Steve Harvey Says
(03-06-2014 04:32 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 02:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The thing is, he has a daytime talk show giving relationship/marriage advice (he's been married three times!) and frequently brings up the subject of god. It might as well be a damn religious program. It ticks me off.

A Christian giving moral advice is like a three time divorcee giving marriage advice.
They don't know shit about either one.
Big Grin

I'm also not surprised he thinks you can't have morals without religion.

It's a common belief those who were either indoctrinated as children, or born-agains with a criminal record.

Doesn't Steve have a record?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
03-06-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Shit Steve Harvey Says
This is exactly why I don't watch tv anymore. I could cancel cable and exist happily. Too many stupid people are given a venue to spread their stupid.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-06-2014, 07:54 PM
(03-06-2014 07:46 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 04:32 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  A Christian giving moral advice is like a three time divorcee giving marriage advice.
They don't know shit about either one.
Big Grin

I'm also not surprised he thinks you can't have morals without religion.

It's a common belief those who were either indoctrinated as children, or born-agains with a criminal record.

Doesn't Steve have a record?

They can't seem to grasp the principles of good and bad without being told.
03-06-2014, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 08:52 PM by TheBear.)
I didn't know Steve Harvey was such a knuckle-dragger. Wow. Shocking
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
(03-06-2014 08:49 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I didn't know Steve Harvey was such a knuckle-dragger. Wow. Shocking

I got to the part where he said "if we're descended from monkeys why are there still monkeys" and turned it off. I couldn't take anymore.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
(03-06-2014 07:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is exactly why I don't watch tv anymore. I could cancel cable and exist happily. Too many stupid people are given a venue to spread their stupid.

Exactly why I did! I know correlation doesn't equal causation, but it wasn't too terribly long after we canceled cable that I really delved into actually learning about things that I thought about and questioning what it was I believed about life. Wasn't too long after that I ended up here. Big Grin

Take that for what you will. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-06-2014, 09:18 PM
(03-06-2014 09:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is exactly why I don't watch tv anymore. I could cancel cable and exist happily. Too many stupid people are given a venue to spread their stupid.

Exactly why I did! I know correlation doesn't equal causation, but it wasn't too terribly long after we canceled cable that I really delved into actually learning about things that I thought about and questioning what it was I believed about life. Wasn't too long after that I ended up here. Big Grin

LOL. You ended up here on a thread about Steve Harvey. Sadcryface That's most unfortunate. But on the bright side.....um....well....not sure what the bright side is.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-06-2014, 09:31 PM
(03-06-2014 09:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Exactly why I did! I know correlation doesn't equal causation, but it wasn't too terribly long after we canceled cable that I really delved into actually learning about things that I thought about and questioning what it was I believed about life. Wasn't too long after that I ended up here. Big Grin

LOL. You ended up here on a thread about Steve Harvey. Sadcryface That's most unfortunate. But on the bright side.....um....well....not sure what the bright side is.

Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-06-2014, 09:34 PM
WTF is a Steve Harvey?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
03-06-2014, 09:45 PM
(03-06-2014 09:34 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  WTF is a Steve Harvey?

A game show host that thinks he knows something.