Shit my Mother-In-Law Says

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 03:39 AM
I had an incredibly rare experience after I noticed my very obviously inebriated MIL sitting on the couch listening to music at an impressively loud volume, where I decided to sit down and drink with her for a while. I thought, in the spirit of my previous thread I would write down a few gems that my MIL said in good spirit. Mostly because I might be a little frustrated and I find it a bit humorous...
Thumbsup

Me: Oh, play Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks! (Fucking amazing song).

Her: YES! You know that I first heard this song when I was four years old. 4 years old! It made me sit down and contemplate death.

Me: Oh? That's pretty cool.

Her: I asked my mother what death was and she explained that there were many different opinions about it.

Me: That's very open minded of her!

Her: So... I realized I had to look into myself for the answer (at this point I'm thinking: Oh dear God where is this going). I went into, an almost meditative state. Where I found out that life cannot amount to mean nothing. When you die you must go somewhere so there cannot be nothing.

Me: ... *silently drinking rum*
Husband: *looking at me and trying not to smile*

Her: But then again, at my house we used to do seances all of the time so I guess I picked up a lot of information at a young age.

Later...

Her: (addressed to me) you have so much experience for a young lady, you know? I mean, there are obviously some things that I have experienced that you simply have not.

Me: I have no doubt. (I didn't mean it sarcastically)

Her: Quite, for example, you've never had paranormal experiences and therefore you won't have access to the amount of information that you could've.

Me: *nods awkwardly*

The night went like that mostly... She talked about growing up with her ghost friends in her father's haunted estate. Made a few stabs at nihilists, most prominently saying we essentially have a 'sheep' mentality because "we pick what we like out of books and project it." (The irony is not lost on me, mind you. Laugh out load ) And plenty of other things I most assuredly forgot in the two hours I was down there...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Larai19's post
02-06-2017, 06:00 AM
RE: Shit my Mother-In-Law Says
(02-06-2017 03:39 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  The night went like that mostly... She talked about growing up with her ghost friends in her father's haunted estate. Made a few stabs at nihilists, most prominently saying we essentially have a 'sheep' mentality because "we pick what we like out of books and project it." (The irony is not lost on me, mind you. Laugh out load ) And plenty of other things I most assuredly forgot in the two hours I was down there...

People will always find ways to feel superior to other people, even if they have to make them up.
02-06-2017, 10:43 AM
(02-06-2017 06:00 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 03:39 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  The night went like that mostly... She talked about growing up with her ghost friends in her father's haunted estate. Made a few stabs at nihilists, most prominently saying we essentially have a 'sheep' mentality because "we pick what we like out of books and project it." (The irony is not lost on me, mind you. Laugh out load ) And plenty of other things I most assuredly forgot in the two hours I was down there...

People will always find ways to feel superior to other people, even if they have to make them up.

The thing I find the most interesting about her is that she likes to use spirituality instead of religion to project her insecurities. Despite her being a Christian she almost never talks about Christ or God. She does, however, love to talk about the afterlife (though shes never explained what she thinks of it) and she loves to talk about ghosts.
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
02-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Ask her to summon up a ghost.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
02-06-2017, 11:34 AM
(02-06-2017 03:39 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Oh, play Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks! (Fucking amazing song).

We had joy, we got tanned
We were sizzling in the sun
Rolleyes

[Image: edabfc3134a517a7f66c828ee693bb98.gif]

[Image: 2016-07-02B-240x331.gif]

Soon all all of us will have will be seasons in the sun, thanks to greedy old men Dodgy

Sorry, but does your MIL have mental problems? I mean this seriously. She sounds clinically deluded.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 12:35 PM
(02-06-2017 11:26 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Ask her to summon up a ghost.

Thumbsup

I honestly wonder if she thinks she could... She has informed me once that she has conjured things before... Unsure
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
02-06-2017, 12:39 PM
(02-06-2017 11:34 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 03:39 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Oh, play Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks! (Fucking amazing song).

We had joy, we got tanned
We were sizzling in the sun
Rolleyes

[Image: edabfc3134a517a7f66c828ee693bb98.gif]

[Image: 2016-07-02B-240x331.gif]

Soon all all of us will have will be seasons in the sun, thanks to greedy old men Dodgy

Sorry, but does your MIL have mental problems? I mean this seriously. She sounds clinically deluded.

You always know the most amazing songs. Big Grin

I've questioned that myself. Others on this forum have to... Sadly, she is not the most deluded from my husband's side... (or my side for that matter). I honestly think it's just short of a miracle that he was blessed with some type of critical thinking.
02-06-2017, 12:58 PM
That was all me (the "song" I mean) Rolleyes

Unfortunately, it's now stuck in my head

[Image: giantwormking_attack2_test.gif]

Eish, this doesn't sound like fun. Still, as soon as your husband doesn't take after them...

02-06-2017, 01:07 PM
(02-06-2017 12:58 PM)Vera Wrote:  That was all me (the "song" I mean) Rolleyes

Unfortunately, it's now stuck in my head

[Image: giantwormking_attack2_test.gif]

Eish, this doesn't sound like fun. Still, as soon as your husband doesn't take after them...

Bravo!

His aunt is a conspiracy nutter. I remember once he corrected her on a word and asked him to show her proof of the definition. He obliged by pulling up the Miriam-Webster Dictionary website. After he proved himself correct she literally, with no sarcastic manner, looked at him and said "You edited it! You hacked it."

Not to mention ridiculous political theories, demon sex, mirrors to other dimensions (literal mirrors), headless ghosts that live in her house (his family and ghosts...), ward protection spells that she casts, etc.

There is no shortage of face-palming at family get togethers.
02-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Haha! Reminds me of a ridiculous argument I had with classmate in high school, about the correct spelling of a Bulgarian word. See, the sound ia (for which we have a letter, я) can, under certain conditions, become e. Not the other way around though. Yet, a lot of people use a WRONG version of a word derived from the word for nine (and ten), where the original e sound is magically (and wrongly!) transformed into the ia sound. Morphologically impossible yet the vast majority of people use the wrong version...

Anyway, in the end we opened a dictionary (I was right, of course) and she just said "the dictionary is wrong" Facepalm'

(But that sucks about being surrounded by nutters)