Shitty “God is good” stories…

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Shitty “God is good” stories…
(01-08-2013 06:18 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Also there are many contraindications when it comes to those drugs...I've never heard of women having such an excess lying around that they could just pass them off to friends.

Are you suggesting that fine xtians would invent shit, MSB?

Smile

Mmmmaaaaaayyyybeeeeeee
Big Grin

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 10:00 PM
(01-08-2013 09:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 06:18 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Are you suggesting that fine xtians would invent shit, MSB?

Smile

Mmmmaaaaaayyyybeeeeeee
Big Grin

I think I just figured it out! It's like Jesus with the fish and loaves of bread! They prayed and it multiplied enough to feed everyone's uteruses!

...but of course, the rest of it is still confusing...but you know...more meds! so just don't think about how it all actually works too much. It's all miracles!

01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
(01-08-2013 10:00 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 09:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Mmmmaaaaaayyyybeeeeeee
Big Grin

I think I just figured it out! It's like Jesus with the fish and loaves of bread! They prayed and it multiplied enough to feed everyone's uteruses!

...but of course, the rest of it is still confusing...but you know...more meds! so just don't think about how it all actually works too much. It's all miracles!

I like your reason better! Tongue

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-08-2013, 11:00 PM
I have real issue when people tell me how I should thank God that I have so far survived breast cancer...ummm...wait a minute...by the reasoning of the ones that want me to thank him for getting better, isn't he also the one that gave it to me in the first fucking place?

How about the doctors involved, and there were/are many. How about the researchers that developed the tests and the equipment used? What about the one nurse, and her expertise, who I am so very thankful for? And my regular doctor who worked hard to keep me sane while the other doctors worked to rid me of the cancer?

To God goes the glory...credit for the cure, no responsibility for the cause.

Screw that.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-08-2013, 11:03 PM
You write this like there's a non-shitty "god is good" story. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-08-2013, 07:20 AM
As has been pointed out, IVF is not a DIY procedure. Much of the procedure is carried out in theatre and in the lab. Women can self-administer some fertility drugs but would have only a limited amount available, namely enough for one IVF cycle. Certainly not enough to pass onto someone else. And most certainly, not enough to pass on to a second someone.

In any case, taking someone else's prescribed medication is never a wise idea. Not just in IVF. Taking them while undergoing IVF would be unhelpful at best, and may actually be counter-productive. To say nothing about dangerous. And illegal in most countries.

So, our xtian friends are talking BS.
04-08-2013, 09:35 AM
I did end up talking to a mutual friend of mine and hers about this. My friend said the woman I'm writing about was undergoing IVF treatment but hadn't purchased the meds yet. Her other friend had gone through IVF and had already purchased the meds. The medication is expensive and is sold in packs. This woman supposedly purchased them in bulk expecting it to take a very long time, however she became pregnant the first month she tried, which is why she had medication left over.

My friend, the one I started this post about, had already been seen by her doctor for treatments, but hadn't purchased the drugs yet when she found out her friend still had most of hers left over. She says she checked with her doctor that these meds were okay for her to take and the doctor okayed it.

If there is anything incorrect about how any of that works, keep in mind I'm just writing what I was told.

31-08-2013, 01:55 PM
What I hate is when God is given credit for human achievements... science produced those babies, humans in labs.

"Let's not thank the doctors and scientists for making this baby possible, lets thank an imperceivable, two faced hypocrite, who's too scared to show his face."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user