Shitty Schools Shitty Teachers Shitty Students

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: Shitty Schools Shitty Teachers Shitty Students
https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2017/00989

Quote:Instructional Materials; Revises district school board responsibilities relating to review & adoption of public K-12 instructional materials; authorizes county residents to challenge use or adoption of instructional materials; revises requirements relating to public hearing for adoption of such materials; revises annual allocation for purchase of instructional materials.

https://ncse.com/news/2017/06/floridas-a...aw-0018567

lol

like I give a fuck what the law says about what I can and can't teach or say

I'm amazed any teacher would honor this bullshit legislation

It's not just anti-science it's anti literature, honest history, real civics (not flag worship), and art

Who the fuck checks up on recent legislation when getting their lessons ready

Toothless chickenshith legislation

Come and get me bitches
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2017, 05:30 AM
(29-08-2017 06:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Since my personal mental crisis thread branched into my "teaching" profession I decided to start a school sucks thread.

Comment number one: You gotta be a real piece of shit to get expelled from the schools in Baltimore.

Discuss intelligently.

If a school sucks, it isn't because of the teachers or students, it is because the state and federal government gut funding to investing to make those communities stable, inside and outside the school system.

End 36 years of Reagan's failed trickle down/corporate welfare economics, maybe things could get better. FYI my mom was a teacher.

Taxing billionaires wont kill them, taxing corporations wont kill them. Taxes don't have to be seen as robbery, but investment into the future.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
05-09-2017, 05:55 AM
It's the tide.
It's the dismal tide.
It's not the one thing...

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
05-09-2017, 06:23 AM
(05-09-2017 05:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Taxing billionaires wont kill them, taxing corporations wont kill them.

No, but it may make them move to another state or overseas.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
05-09-2017, 06:28 AM
(05-09-2017 06:23 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 05:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Taxing billionaires wont kill them, taxing corporations wont kill them.

This logic has been used for years to justify not taxing the rich. I think it stinks. It's more complex than purely that, otherwise no corporation or billionaire would even pay a cent in tax, and every corporation and rich person would simply move to the place with the lowest tax rate.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
05-09-2017, 06:35 AM
Just take a lesson from the rich.
Ask one question "what's in it for me"
They have money, how do we get it.
That is exactly how the rich act.
Why shouldn't everybody else?
Most of the wealth that people have is not earned anyway.
The attitude of the wealthy that they are "lords of the universe" is such bullshit.
We shouldn't sit back an take this crap.
The illusion of supply side economics should have long ago been shattered.

05-09-2017, 06:36 AM
(05-09-2017 06:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:23 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  No, but it may make them move to another state or overseas.

This logic has been used for years to justify not taxing the rich. I think it stinks. It's more complex than purely that, otherwise no corporation or billionaire would even pay a cent in tax, and every corporation and rich person would simply move to the place with the lowest tax rate.

I was not using it as logic not to tax the rich and corporations. I agree they should be taxed, but their avenues of escape must be closed as well, and their competition from overseas should have to meet the same regulations.

So yes, the situation is more complex.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
05-09-2017, 07:03 AM
(05-09-2017 06:36 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  This logic has been used for years to justify not taxing the rich. I think it stinks. It's more complex than purely that, otherwise no corporation or billionaire would even pay a cent in tax, and every corporation and rich person would simply move to the place with the lowest tax rate.

I was not using it as logic not to tax the rich and corporations. I agree they should be taxed, but their avenues of escape must be closed as well, and their competition from overseas should have to meet the same regulations.

So yes, the situation is more complex.
Yes. I didn't take it that way. I was just joining the choir.
Put them in charge and you will have tax cuts and advantages for the wealthy.
Not for any underlying belief or reasoning. Just because they can.
The rest is just salesmanship.
People need to stop buying.

[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
05-09-2017, 07:27 AM
(05-09-2017 06:23 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

Then they are fucking dicks. They have gotten away with this bullshit blackmail because we are not enforcing good regulations, tax policy we are allowing this blackmail because of what Reagan started.

NO SHIT, I agree, but that doesn't mean the majority of our population, which are not CEOs, but workers should put up with this blackmail.

Don't make excuses or give cover to bullies with money and lawyers. CEOs and Corporations should not be allowed to get rich off of labor then say "fuck you" because workers want a seat at the table too.

The Great Depression is what a no rules market looks like. Bush' Great Recession is also a result of letting billionaires do whatever the fuck they want.

Just because they do it, does not mean we should keep letting them do it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
05-09-2017, 08:44 AM
(05-09-2017 07:27 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:23 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  No, but it may make them move to another state or overseas.

Then they are fucking dicks. They have gotten away with this bullshit blackmail because we are not enforcing good regulations, tax policy we are allowing this blackmail because of what Reagan started.

NO SHIT, I agree, but that doesn't mean the majority of our population, which are not CEOs, but workers should put up with this blackmail.

Don't make excuses or give cover to bullies with money and lawyers. CEOs and Corporations should not be allowed to get rich off of labor then say "fuck you" because workers want a seat at the table too.

The Great Depression is what a no rules market looks like. Bush' Great Recession is also a result of letting billionaires do whatever the fuck they want.

Just because they do it, does not mean we should keep letting them do it.

Thumbsup
Yes.
And the horse has already left the stable.
It's going more and more the other way.
Citizen's United sealed the deal.
The majority of the working class (not just in the USA) have no more leverage.
And no party representing them in the US.
The democrats are a joke. They sold out the workers decades ago.
As soon as the Corporations succeeded in their Union busting (which is most of what exporting jobs is about) the dems just whored themselves out.
As far as the wealthy are concerned it's already a checkmate.
They are completely brazen at this point.
I got a kick out of the list of people who received TARP funds.
It was amazing. Wives of CEO's got millions.
They were just laughing their asses off and handing out money like candy.
It was extortion. 100%

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...t-20130104

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...t-20110411