Shitty Schools Shitty Teachers Shitty Students

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Shitty Schools Shitty Teachers Shitty Students
Let me ask the parents a hypothetical that's obviously based in reality:

How far would you want the teacher to go to stop it if your kid was getting picked on?

Here's the reality:

Kid diagnosed as disabled, emotionally handicapped, the school will NOT remove him from class unless he gets in a fight. He picks the gentlest kid in the class. Pokes him. Messes with his bag. Calls him a faggot. They want three weeks of documentation before they even start the formal documentation of an official behavior plan. Then the behavior plan is circular and allows it to continue until a kid who doesn't want to fight fights or he strikes me. There's like five others who exhibit the same behavior and have been doing this unopposed for about five years. Teacher after teacher pretends not to see. Normal kids are at their wits end. You can see real pain in their faces. So tired of the constant aggravation.

Yesterday, I told the bully to leave. He would not. After about five minutes I get in his face and will not back away. He's still trying to act tough. I pick up his bookbag, full of anything besides books, throw it out the door and when he goes for it I lock him out. The rest of the class is obediant and on task for the rest of the lesson. If your kid was getting pestered constantly by this kid would you support my solution? What if your kid was the bully and that's how I handled it?

Seriously, what the fuck am I supposed to do?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
19-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Not being supported by the administrative and psycho-social staff in your school pretty much means you are fucked whenever a kid really decide to be a peace of shit. If your post in the school is precarious, its even worse since you can't rock the boat to much without risking your job or future prospect of job. All taken in account, I think you handle it pretty well. Your best bet to achieve a real sollution though implies a rather unethical way to deal with the issue. Use the time without the bully in class to convince the other students in your class to complain to their parents about the bully shitty attitude and hope that a few parents will get pissed that their kids, even if they aren't victim of the bully, have their class constantly perturbed. Nothing can make the administrative staff shift gear toward an issue faster than parent calling and complaining. Its very easy for them to ignore the shitty kids; they don't deal with them. They deal with the parents. Nothing is more draining in the job than having to deal with stupid kids and lazy administration.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
19-09-2017, 09:48 PM
(03-09-2017 08:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'm not sure admins should be paid less, but teachers should also be professionals. They should get better training and better pay both.

In the Peoples Republic of Maryland, public school teachers are expected to obtain a Master's Degree paid for by the taxpayers. The average salary is around $60K. Pay ain't that great but you don't have to get a Master's in Education, they'll pay for Master's in Comp Sci if you prefer.

#sigh
19-09-2017, 09:52 PM
(05-09-2017 08:57 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  The best teachers teach at private schools where they receive higher pay.

This is not true in Maryland, the standards for public school teachers are higher than those for private schools and, in general, the private schools pay less than the public schools.

#sigh
19-09-2017, 09:57 PM
(19-09-2017 07:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  If your kid was getting pestered constantly by this kid would you support my solution? What if your kid was the bully and that's how I handled it?

Seriously, what the fuck am I supposed to do?

I think I would prefer if you call campus security to handle these confrontations. I think whatever the outcome of the confrontation, you participating in it ultimately erodes your authority. If you just keep calling campus security at every sign of a possible escalation into a confrontation without saying another word while you sit there waiting for them to show up, they'll learn quick I bet. They're just trying to dick with you so don't let them, call popo, they understand popo.

#sigh
19-09-2017, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2017 11:08 PM by I'mFred.)
epro

trying to rally the good parents is a good play

it is likely to cost me my job which sucks but at this point I've made peace with it

GM - the campus cop will not help or even come unless there's an arrestable offense. He's a good dude but his hands are tied. I've watched him, he can't even silence a classroom.

Quote:you participating in it ultimately erodes your authority.

That's true and insightful.
20-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Anyone who thinks that " all children are good and inherently teachable" forgets that Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson, Pol Pot and John Wayne Gacy were all once children.

Not only should some " children be left behind", some of them should be left chained to a big bolder and left for the vultures to feed on.

The trick is figuring out which ones.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-09-2017, 08:06 AM
(20-09-2017 08:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anyone who thinks that " all children are good and inherently teachable" forgets that Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson, Pol Pot and John Wayne Gacy were all once children.

Not only should some " children be left behind", some of them should be left chained to a big bolder and left for the vultures to feed on.

The trick is figuring out which ones.

I don't think any of those that you mentioned were inevitably going to grow up to be monsters - they ended up that way sure, but as a result of many different factors. Also the first two were certainly not monsters in isolation, they were aided and abetted by many.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-09-2017, 08:08 AM
The point is you can't make chicken shit into chicken salad.
20-09-2017, 05:11 PM
I thought of something

I feel like Sisyphus except ever time the rock rolls down it tramples a kid.