Shocking News Legalisation of Marijuana costs Drug Cartels money.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Shocking News Legalisation of Marijuana costs Drug Cartels money.
Marijuana legalization is already making mexican drug cartels poorer

The fact that legalisation is in it's infancy and is already making a dent in the Cartels cash flow is very encouraging.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-01-2016, 03:44 PM
RE: Shocking News Legalisation of Marijuana costs Drug Cartels money.
Whodathunkit?!
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
02-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Will we smoke pot in Heaven?
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
02-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Big Grin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
02-01-2016, 11:10 PM
To be honest, I'm surprised Mexican cartels even bother with weed.
Weed seems very much like a you know a guy who knows a guy who grows some in his basement sort of drug.

I woulda thunk cocaine would be their biggest revenue, and why this legalization of weed wont effect the underlining problem that is 'cartels' all that much. People will still be killed, Mexico will still be fucked up etc..

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-01-2016, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 01:00 AM by onlinebiker.)
Muffs did the math......

I do know a bit about this, as I did do 7 years in the Coast Guard - and saw quite a bit of stuff on drug trafficking...

Marijuana is more for the amateur smuggler. I've seen the results. I got drafted (picked out of the TV room, while still in uniform) to go help unload a 42 foot sailboat that had been found floundering around in the Bering Sea with some very stoned people on board. It was ballasted with bales of pot....

I got the story from a friend of mine - that they had encountered this boat bobbing around off the south part of the end of the Aleutian chain- and when the Coast Guard called the sailboat on the VHF to ask if all was well -- the reply was "We're doing pretty good - but we're out of beer.... You guys have any???". .... ... Pull it over Captain Happy......

We unloaded the dope on to the end of an old pier -- they doused it with diesel fuel, and burned it........ (the pier was scheduled for demolition anyway)... There was a bunch of locals sitting downwind across the bay.... It put out quite a cloud of smoke....

Yeah -- cocaine is far more lucrative --- when you consider it's worth more than it's weight in gold. Literally.

So does it cost the cartels ??? Sure... It's equivalent to somebody stealing your empty beer cans for the deposit...... It probably pisses them off a bit -- they do seem to have anger issues ---- but in the long run, just making marijuana legal isn't going to shut them down..................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-01-2016, 05:14 AM
40 years ago the impact might have been significant. Today they're into not only more lucrative narcotics like the above mentioned, but have branched out to everything from oil to forming shadow governments and levying their own taxes.

Yesterday, cartel assassin's broke into the home of and murdered the mayor of Temixco (near Mexico City) the day after she took office. When they're doing stuff like this seemingly at will, it's a little too late for an easy solution.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about denying them a bit of pocket change. But it's more of a nuisance to them than a legitimate threat to their illegitimate power.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
03-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Stark has been waging a private war against the cartels for a while, one roach at a time.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-01-2016, 06:03 PM
(02-01-2016 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Marijuana legalization is already making mexican drug cartels poorer

The fact that legalisation is in it's infancy and is already making a dent in the Cartels cash flow is very encouraging.

Who da thunk it?
03-01-2016, 08:14 PM
[Image: tumblr_n769h0OEvR1trrowpo1_400.gif]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post