Shocking News Legalisation of Marijuana costs Drug Cartels money.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: Shocking News Legalisation of Marijuana costs Drug Cartels money.
40 years ago someone mentioned. Paraquat anybody remember that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
03-01-2016, 10:41 PM
yup, and 2-4D, and malathion, and parathion. We used all that nasty stuff when I was growing up.
03-01-2016, 11:01 PM
(03-01-2016 05:29 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Stark has been waging a private war against the cartels for a while, one roach at a time.

It ain't an easy fight, but someone's gotta do it!

Nah. Truth is, you guys are right...this will put a very small dent in the cartels profits. Probably just barely enough to annoy them. Thing is, it just doesn't make sense to ship something that's cheaper to grow. Pot is bulky, and losses are frequent, so why not just buy some from your neighbour who grows a dozen plants in his backyard or basement? It will be better, cheaper, and cleaner. Plus you'll likely be paying for a pensioners mortgage instead of for the cartels guns.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-01-2016, 08:30 PM
The whole drug cartel business would dry up overnight if people quit buying their shit. It is just that simple. The real answer is education (and NOT movies like "Reefer Madness", FFS, I don't use pot, but I could tell that that movie was just stupid, even when I was 12). I'm also a proponent for legalization.
04-01-2016, 09:03 PM
And it's not just a South of the border problem either. Even the fucking Taliban was/is armed with weapons acquired as part of the European drug trade. Follow the rabbit hole, and you find that a significant portion of the world's problems are just another part of the drug trade.

I'm a proponent of pot legalization despite never having used it myself and having no interest in doing so. I'm not sure about the other various narcotics (you know, the ones that are actually dangerous), but I will say this. Anyone who purchases drugs shipped from any place farther than their neighbor's basement or back yard has no business claiming the moral high ground on anything. If someone wants to push for legalization, great. But if someone spends money that ends up in the hands of these fucks, they are arguably accomplices to everything bad in this world. Which, by the way, is perfectly acceptable if they're okay with it. I'm not trying to claim the moral high ground either, got plenty of my own demons to deal with. Just pointing out a fact.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
04-01-2016, 10:20 PM
(04-01-2016 09:03 PM)yakherder Wrote:  And it's not just a South of the border problem either. Even the fucking Taliban was/is armed with weapons acquired as part of the European drug trade. Follow the rabbit hole, and you find that a significant portion of the world's problems are just another part of the drug trade.

I'm a proponent of pot legalization despite never having used it myself and having no interest in doing so. I'm not sure about the other various narcotics (you know, the ones that are actually dangerous), but I will say this. Anyone who purchases drugs shipped from any place farther than their neighbor's basement or back yard has no business claiming the moral high ground on anything. If someone wants to push for legalization, great. But if someone spends money that ends up in the hands of these fucks, they are arguably accomplices to everything bad in this world. Which, by the way, is perfectly acceptable if they're okay with it. I'm not trying to claim the moral high ground either, got plenty of my own demons to deal with. Just pointing out a fact.

Bowing I will forever maintain that we are financing our own demise by buying oil and opiates from the ME.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Supply and Demand:

When Washington State first opened Recreational Weed stores in the summer of 2014, because of a short supply and high taxes, a gram could cost as much as $30 (while the street value was approx. $11.43/gram).

Today, a gram is down to $10...including the "sin tax." Yay, Weed! Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post