Shooting at Munich shopping mall

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-07-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: Shooting at Munich shopping mall
(22-07-2016 02:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  And how do you suggest we do that? They don't exactly wear big signs that say "I'm a terrorist". Should we "wipe" entire nations or ethnic groups off the map to make sure we get all the terrorists? Because that would make us just as bad as them.

If we can't kill them over there in the middle East, then we only have two options here.

1. Deal with random terrorist attacks forever. It will become a way of life that we just have to deal with.

Or

2. Deport all Muslims to their native lands.

Myself, I don't want to live in fear of random terrorist attacks every day like is happening all over Europe.

For me, option #1 is infinitely preferable. And you're never going to eliminate it anyway. There are terrorists who aren't Muslim, you know. And the vast majority of Muslims aren't terrorists. That solution would be like, oh, deporting all Catholic priests to eliminate pedophilia -- i.e., punishing a lot of innocent people and still not solving the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-07-2016, 02:14 PM
There is really nothing much confirmed, it's a fluid situation....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-07-2016, 02:14 PM
It's just crazy lately...too much hatred and killing going on all over the world.

Undecided

Not that anywhere was 100% safe before but now nowhere is even close to being safe.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Apparently they closed down all public transport because panic broke out in the main town square some time ago. It's settled down, and the cause is still unknown.

In case you wonder why I am so interested in this - I was born and raised there.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-07-2016, 02:26 PM
(22-07-2016 02:12 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 02:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If we can't kill them over there in the middle East, then we only have two options here.

1. Deal with random terrorist attacks forever. It will become a way of life that we just have to deal with.

Or

2. Deport all Muslims to their native lands.

Myself, I don't want to live in fear of random terrorist attacks every day like is happening all over Europe.

For me, option #1 is infinitely preferable. And you're never going to eliminate it anyway. There are terrorists who aren't Muslim, you know. And the vast majority of Muslims aren't terrorists. That solution would be like, oh, deporting all Catholic priests to eliminate pedophilia -- i.e., punishing a lot of innocent people and still not solving the problem.

In WW2, we locked up all of the Japanese in America "just in case." We didn't take the chance that even one of them would be sympathetic to the Japanese war effort. But right now, all Western countries are potential targets for ISIS sympathizers and full fledged ISIS fighters. It hasn't hit America like it has in Europe YET. Europeans are sitting ducks, having elected politicians that have left them disarmed and vulnerable. At least in America, some of us can and will shoot back. And if it gets as bad as Europe, we'll deal with it swiftly.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-07-2016, 02:28 PM
(22-07-2016 02:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Apparently they closed down all public transport because panic broke out in the main town square some time ago. It's settled down, and the cause is still unknown.

In case you wonder why I am so interested in this - I was born and raised there.

They may have closed down public transport to stop the three suspects on the run from using it to make their escape.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
22-07-2016, 02:32 PM
(22-07-2016 02:28 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 02:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Apparently they closed down all public transport because panic broke out in the main town square some time ago. It's settled down, and the cause is still unknown.

They may have closed down public transport to stop the three suspects on the run from using it to make their escape.

Definitely. Chances are the shooters arrived that way.

The thing is that there was a big festival going on elsewhere on the Olympic grounds - they emptied all that of people and all of them were told to keep walking towards the east of town. So there are hordes of people walking away from the Olympic center. Easy to mingle with them....

22-07-2016, 02:33 PM
(22-07-2016 02:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 02:12 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  For me, option #1 is infinitely preferable. And you're never going to eliminate it anyway. There are terrorists who aren't Muslim, you know. And the vast majority of Muslims aren't terrorists. That solution would be like, oh, deporting all Catholic priests to eliminate pedophilia -- i.e., punishing a lot of innocent people and still not solving the problem.

In WW2, we locked up all of the Japanese in America "just in case." We didn't take the chance that even one of them would be sympathetic to the Japanese war effort. But right now, all Western countries are potential targets for ISIS sympathizers and full fledged ISIS fighters. It hasn't hit America like it has in Europe YET. Europeans are sitting ducks, having elected politicians that have left them disarmed and vulnerable. At least in America, some of us can and will shoot back. And if it gets as bad as Europe, we'll deal with it swiftly.

I don't think locking up all Japanese-Americans was a good thing to do, but we were at war with Japan. We are not at war with Muslims. As another hypothetical example, should we deal with rape by deporting all men? After all, nearly all rapes are committed by men. And they are a lot more common than terrorist attacks.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-07-2016, 02:40 PM
(22-07-2016 02:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 02:28 PM)Marozz Wrote:  They may have closed down public transport to stop the three suspects on the run from using it to make their escape.

Definitely. Chances are the shooters arrived that way.

The thing is that there was a big festival going on elsewhere on the Olympic grounds - they emptied all that of people and all of them were told to keep walking towards the east of town. So there are hordes of people walking away from the Olympic center. Easy to mingle with them....

I believe it was a festival to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Bavarian (beer) purity law so the place must have been packed with people.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
22-07-2016, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2016 02:56 PM by Deesse23.)
Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

Got a longer part of the vid now. Attacker definitely sounds german and seems to be very contempt. Nothing at all like a crazy deluded terrorist trying to get 72 virgins. He even got into an argument.

There is still some comedy in the worst tragedy:

Man "M" shouting (down from balcony in wonderful bavarian dialect) at attacker.
Attacker "A" talking back

M: You asshole you *unintelligible* you damn wanker what are you doing here?
A: I have done nothing yet.
M: You fucking wanker!
Voice next to the camera: "Watch out, he is loading his gun"
M: You asshole, you wanker!
A: And now i have to buy a weapon to *unintelligible* (kill you all?)
M, is shouting A down and keeps calling him a wanker, repeatedly
A: I am german!
M. No, you are a wanker, thats what you are!
A: I was born and raised here
M: You are a wanker, so wtf are you doing here?
A: Seems to claim he was born in a vey poor neigbourhood ("Harz 4 Gegend")
unintelligible
M: You belong in psychiatric care, you...
A: Shut up!
M: Wanker!
A: Starts shooting while M ducks
M: Asshole, Idiot!

If i understood correctly, the attacker was talking about (sorry, Izel) "bloody Turks" (scheiss Türken)
He also seems to have talked he was in "treatment" before M suggested "professional help" (see above)
M seems to suggest at the start of the argument that A´s skull needs to be smashed.
All in all A seems to have been rathe rintimidated or irritated by all the cussing of M.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post