Shooting at Munich shopping mall

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-07-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Shooting at Munich shopping mall
I've bee reading what the Munich Police publishes. There were 2,300 cops dispatched. That's a lot of police!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2016, 11:34 PM
(22-07-2016 04:33 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 02:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  As I said, we only have two options. Deal with islamic terrorist attacks forever or get rid of the people that commit islamic terrorist attacks.

We have only two options. Deal with mass shootings forever or get rid of the people with guns. Facepalm

From Wikipedia: Gun legislation in Germany is considered among the strictest gun control in the world.

What do you suggest? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2016, 12:53 AM
Brother was in Munich around the time of attack. Thankfully he wasn't in any real danger.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-07-2016, 04:08 AM
My sister lives in Munich and wasn't answering phone. My mother was very worried but lucky enough my sister made contact via Facebook. She's ok.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
23-07-2016, 04:57 AM
(22-07-2016 06:50 PM)Marozz Wrote:  The shooter was an 18 year old dual national German/Iranian who lived in Munich for several years. Motive remains unclear.

[Image: q04stdl9ouax.png]

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/23/europe...index.html

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
23-07-2016, 04:57 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's Muslim again.

(22-07-2016 11:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  From Wikipedia: Gun legislation in Germany is considered among the strictest gun control in the world.

He got a gun same way every Muslim terrorist got their weapons in European countries with tough gun laws, they have contacts within their Muslim ghetto community. Drinking Beverage

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2016, 05:27 AM
Anything that is illegal for which there is still a demand has a black market attached to it. To be fair, there are millions of illegal guns suspected to be circulating in Germany, and Muslims aren't the only ones driving the demand.

'Murican Canadian
23-07-2016, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2016 06:31 AM by Deesse23.)
So far there is no evidence at all that his killing spree was related to ISIS, Islamism etc.
To the contrary, there is evidence mounting up that he was suffering from depressions and is a classic case of "mentally ill person is going amok"

- In the video i posted he stated "I was mobbed and therefore i had to buy a gun and kill you all", which was just confirmed by police officials.
Does that sound islamistic?
- He was known to have had personal "problems" with his schoolm8s
Is this specific to islamistic terrorists?
- Police searching his room in his parents´apartment revealed: He was studying other events of people going amok (like Oslo exactly 5y ago, like someone suspected *tips his hat*)
Does that sound islamistic?
- It was stated that he admired another amok event in the town of Winnenden, where a schoolboy killed 15 people and then himself.
Does that sound islamistic? Or does that sound like the classic "Columbine massacre" outsourced to McD?
- looks like he planned his attack with a hacked FB account, inviting random young (see below) people for free burgers at McD
Considering all the other parts of the puzzle. Whats more likely? Islamism?
- Somebody told that the FB account is fake, gave the -now known name- of the attacker in advance and stated that he is mentally ill, and then informed the police before all of this even happened.
- 8/9 victims were young people between 14 and 20, which again rather supports a thesis that he was acting due to frustration and had a very specific target group (see: mobbing, mental illness)

Regarding that "witness" on CNN:
As afar as i know it was a single person reporting this. A person who didnt bother to talk to the police, but had no better idea than to talk to CNN? Has anyone of you ever considered that we have here possibly
- someone suffering from confirmation bias (like some of you seem to) or
- someone looking for his/her 15 minutes of fame

What we do know about him is:

- He has dual citizenship. His family came to germany in the 90s. He was born here (like he said)
- Neither he himself or his family was related to islamism or anything else so far. They were considered to be perfect "average joes"
- They lived in the "Maxvorstadt", which is a cultural and educational centre of Munich (there are several museums and universities with 100.000 students). So much for "Muslim ghetto community". Although there are 25% foreigners which is above average.
- His weapon is a Glock 17, which is used by the austrian army and german navy. He had no gun license and 300 rounds in his backpack.
- He killed himself with a headshot
- He was shot at by undercover cops early in the event, but obviously missed.

How can (any of) you claim its a religiously motivated terror attack before other, much more supported by availiable evidence, options are ruled out, before any other evidence in favour of religious motivation is on the table and while evidence tho the contrary is even mounting up, then go back into another thread and tell some nutjob like Tomato or Pops that they are irrational and deluded?

I am beginning to wonder how serious some of the people here are with scepticism and being rational. Assuming right off the bat that this is an islamistic terror crime just because this guy is half-iranian is insanely irrational. Has any of you guys any evidence that he even was a (practicing) muslim? To me this is starting to become borderline racist at times here (and i was thinking quite a bit, before i used this word, just in case anyone thinks *liberal*, *left* or *politically correct idiot*).

Info taken from Sueddeutsche Zeitung
Edit: If you click Vosur´s link, CNN reports the same facts now.

So, please, people calm down. As i alread said: You are starting to react exactly like groups like ISIS want you to act/think. Do you want to do them favours like this? I dont think so. So please tone down the hysteria where its not warranted.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 11 users Like Deesse23's post
23-07-2016, 12:16 PM
(23-07-2016 04:57 AM)izel Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's Muslim again.

(22-07-2016 11:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  From Wikipedia: Gun legislation in Germany is considered among the strictest gun control in the world.

He got a gun same way every Muslim terrorist got their weapons in European countries with tough gun laws, they have contacts within their Muslim ghetto community. Drinking Beverage

So...gun control doesn't work?

Thanks for clearing that up.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
23-07-2016, 01:13 PM
(23-07-2016 12:16 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 04:57 AM)izel Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's Muslim again.

So...gun control doesn't work?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Nothing works 100%. But mostly people without guns stab each other - There would be a lot less casualties if you tried to stab a bunch of people in a shopping mall. Someone would grab the stabber...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post