Shooting in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 08:13 AM
RE: Shooting in Australia
(03-10-2015 07:59 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 05:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  False conclusion by selectively skewing data.

Australia has ALWAYS had a much lower firearm death rate than the USA - EVEN WHEN they were allowed to own guns -- to the tune of 20 times less likely, per capita.

If Australia allowed the ownership of guns - and the USA outright banned the private ownership of guns -- the USA would still likely have a higher homicide rate. But rather than getting shot, you'd get skewered by some pointy object....

I guess we just have more psychos...

It's much harder to mass skewer Tongue

I don't buy that Americans are more psychotic than other nations.

For those who pledge to refuse to enforce legislation - isn't that *exactly* what Kim Davis got jailed for? Not doing her sworn duty? That's pretty goddamn stupid, if you pledge that even if the law is passed you won't obey it. That amounts to saying that democracy is just for show.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 08:18 AM
(03-10-2015 07:59 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's much harder to mass skewer Tongue

True.. But it makes me chuckle remembering -- back in the Clinton days -- the "Assault Weapon Ban" included getting rid of bayonet lugs... I wondered when the rash of "drive-by bayonetings" had occurred...

I must have missed that on the news..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-10-2015, 08:22 AM
(03-10-2015 08:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't buy that Americans are more psychotic than other nations.

With the generalized worship of free expression 'round here, we tend to be more free in our expressions. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Whew!

Scared FreeThought took me up on that dare, for a minute! Confused

Tongue

03-10-2015, 08:37 AM
(03-10-2015 08:22 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 08:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't buy that Americans are more psychotic than other nations.

With the generalized worship of free expression 'round here, we tend to be more free in our expressions. Angel

I see, so mass-shootings are like performance art?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-10-2015, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 08:47 AM by yakherder.)
(03-10-2015 08:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 07:59 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's much harder to mass skewer Tongue

I don't buy that Americans are more psychotic than other nations.

For those who pledge to refuse to enforce legislation - isn't that *exactly* what Kim Davis got jailed for? Not doing her sworn duty? That's pretty goddamn stupid, if you pledge that even if the law is passed you won't obey it. That amounts to saying that democracy is just for show.

I don't criticize her for refusing to enforce a law she didn't believe in. I criticize her for being a homophobic ass.

And I took an oath to uphold the constitution. If the federal government is in violation of that, I have no ethical qualms with ignoring their detectives.

'Murican Canadian
03-10-2015, 08:48 AM
(03-10-2015 08:42 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't criticize her for refusing to enforce a law she didn't believe in. I criticize her for being a homophobic ass.

No more so do I - but law enforcement must either obey the law, or resign if they conscientiously object, or just call themselves a slightly better organised mob.

03-10-2015, 08:49 AM
(03-10-2015 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 08:22 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  With the generalized worship of free expression 'round here, we tend to be more free in our expressions. Angel

I see, so mass-shootings are like performance art?

Only a matter of time. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2015, 08:49 AM
[/quote]
or just call themselves a slightly better organised mob.
[/quote]

If it comes down to it, I can live with that.

'Murican Canadian
03-10-2015, 08:51 AM
(03-10-2015 08:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If it comes down to it, I can live with that.

... Anarchy in the USA huh?