Shooting in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: Shooting in Australia
(03-10-2015 02:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 02:22 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Do you live on a commune in Oregon? Big Grin

Anyway, one cannot have rational conversations with Americans regarding guns. Laughat

Sits quietly awaiting the next American mass shooting. Drinking Beverage

Nah, too religiously oriented for my taste. I did some searching around for more secular militia groups, but not much luck. Typical first world problem.

Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2015, 03:56 AM
(03-10-2015 08:27 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Whew!

Scared FreeThought took me up on that dare, for a minute! Confused

Tongue

Dodgy You think I'd be so sloppy as to--

I mean... what on earth are you talking about?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-10-2015, 05:23 AM
(03-10-2015 02:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 08:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't buy that Americans are more psychotic than other nations.

For those who pledge to refuse to enforce legislation - isn't that *exactly* what Kim Davis got jailed for? Not doing her sworn duty? That's pretty goddamn stupid, if you pledge that even if the law is passed you won't obey it. That amounts to saying that democracy is just for show.

Well, it's called civil disobedience and it has a long history in the U.S.

Their justification would be that a ban would be unconstitutional.

And if a referendum were held and the constitution changed? What then? With the constitution as it is, the right to bear arms is sacrosanct and probably the *most* that can really be done about limiting access to firearms (from what I can see) is to
  • clarify which weapons are permissible, since field guns and the like are pretty obviously off the table for personal use.
  • Keep track of weapon ownership.

From what I can see, as a guy on the outside, if anyone wants to actually really pull the teeth out of the gun lobby they'll have to go after the constitution.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-10-2015, 05:47 AM
(04-10-2015 05:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 02:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, it's called civil disobedience and it has a long history in the U.S.

Their justification would be that a ban would be unconstitutional.

And if a referendum were held and the constitution changed? What then? With the constitution as it is, the right to bear arms is sacrosanct and probably the *most* that can really be done about limiting access to firearms (from what I can see) is to
  • clarify which weapons are permissible, since field guns and the like are pretty obviously off the table for personal use.

From what I can see, as a guy on the outside, if anyone wants to actually really pull the teeth out of the gun lobby they'll have to go after the constitution.

And while we're at it -- let's get rid of that pesky 1st Ammendment --- how's a government supposed to rule with so much dissent going on?

And those 4th and 5th amendments -- those gotta go too.... Cops everywhere will love being able to "find" the evidence they need to close cases -- even if they have to manufacture it.....

By the time we get up to the 13th amendment - -we'll have total control and everything will be all sunshine, unicorns and rainbows, right????

The reason we have the 2nd is to keep the government from doing exactly this.....

What government is going to chance taking on the most heavily armed population on the planet?

You can say "That'll never happen" --- but history says otherwise.

The Colonists didn't rise up against King George because the Crown levied a tax on tea ---- they rose up because the King sent his men to take their guns.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Rolleyes

There are other ways to run society than the way *you guys* run it. Refusing to even consider options such as changing the constitution limits you. You already have a legal process in place to implement such changes, as long as it is followed and everything is above board, what's the problem?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it's desirable, right, or workable.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-10-2015, 06:08 AM
(04-10-2015 06:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it's desirable, right, or workable.

A great point. At this moment in time I would like to point out that gun ownership is legal.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-10-2015, 06:13 AM
(04-10-2015 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 05:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  And if a referendum were held and the constitution changed? What then? With the constitution as it is, the right to bear arms is sacrosanct and probably the *most* that can really be done about limiting access to firearms (from what I can see) is to

And while we're at it -- let's get rid of that pesky 1st Ammendment --- how's a government supposed to rule with so much dissent going on?

And those 4th and 5th amendments -- those gotta go too.... Cops everywhere will love being able to "find" the evidence they need to close cases -- even if they have to manufacture it.....

By the time we get up to the 13th amendment - -we'll have total control and everything will be all sunshine, unicorns and rainbows, right????

The reason we have the 2nd is to keep the government from doing exactly this.....

What government is going to chance taking on the most heavily armed population on the planet?

The Colonists didn't rise up against King George because the Crown levied a tax on tea ---- they rose up because the King sent his men to take their guns.

You can have all the AR-15s in the world, and this may because I'm an ignorant foreigner, but I can't see that stopping a Hellfire being shoved up your ass...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-10-2015, 06:17 AM
(04-10-2015 06:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And while we're at it -- let's get rid of that pesky 1st Ammendment --- how's a government supposed to rule with so much dissent going on?

You can have all the AR-15s in the world, and this may because I'm an ignorant foreigner, but I can't see that stopping a Hellfire being shoved up your ass...

That's why we have Posse Comitatus.

In theory that keeps them from using military hardware on us....

04-10-2015, 06:26 AM
(04-10-2015 06:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 06:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You can have all the AR-15s in the world, and this may because I'm an ignorant foreigner, but I can't see that stopping a Hellfire being shoved up your ass...

That's why we have Posse Comitatus.

In theory that keeps them from using military hardware on us....

In this imaginary scenario where the 2nd needs to be actively applied, I doubt the Powers That Be would much care.

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post