Shooting in Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Shooting in Australia
(04-10-2015 12:34 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 05:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes

There are other ways to run society than the way *you guys* run it. Refusing to even consider options such as changing the constitution limits you. You already have a legal process in place to implement such changes, as long as it is followed and everything is above board, what's the problem?

I'm all for changing the constitution to make this country a better country but the process to make any amendments is so difficult, that's why it rarely happens. Amendment can take place by a vote of two-thirds of both the House of Representatives and the Senate followed by a ratification of three-fourths of the various state legislatures. You would have to get a lot of people to agree to get it to work.

Which is precisely the point of the process.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-10-2015, 12:47 PM
(04-10-2015 12:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  And you might be surprised at some of the experience floating around in the militias. I personally know 3 people from my unit alone who have gone on to join militia groups after leaving the military. Yeah most are inexperienced, video game educated potatoes. But there are some exceptional soldiers in their ranks, too, and I'd be willing to guess they're sharing their knowledge.

I am unfamiliar with this militia thing - there are armed interest groups in the US? I get the citizens have a right to *form* a militia, I didn't realise there were such groups in permanent existence?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2015, 01:03 PM
(04-10-2015 12:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 12:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  And you might be surprised at some of the experience floating around in the militias. I personally know 3 people from my unit alone who have gone on to join militia groups after leaving the military. Yeah most are inexperienced, video game educated potatoes. But there are some exceptional soldiers in their ranks, too, and I'd be willing to guess they're sharing their knowledge.

I am unfamiliar with this militia thing - there are armed interest groups in the US? I get the citizens have a right to *form* a militia, I didn't realise there were such groups in permanent existence?

The militia movement as it exists today is not the traditional militia. It started here in Michigan - and I watched it from the inside at the beginning. Basically it's a great idea - that got hijacked by a bunch of whackadoodles and a few sane people.

The problem -- is the neo-militias do exactly what they claim the government is doing --- fail to follow the US Constitution.

The US Constitution does NOT provide for a standing army (contrary to the twisting that those in charge now make claim to) -- it does provide for a standing navy. Congress does have the power to raise money and build an army - but only for a period of two years. The idea was, that if a war was important --- we'd have a consensus for it - and everyone would pitch in for the effort. After the war was over, they'd stand down the army.

Instead of an army - we're supposed to have a militia -- made up of able bodied males between the ages of 18 and 45 --- who are supposed to be on call to each state. The states are to provide the leadership and training for the militias..

It's still the law in the US -- but hasn't been done since before WWI -- and we've had a defacto standing army.

There's where the problem of the neo-militia comes along -- seeing the state doesn't recognize them - so they "elect" their own leadership.

There's those that claim the National Guard is the militia -- but it's not. The militia is ALL the able bodies males between 18 and 45 -- not some, who join up.

People simply aren't willing to do what they should be willing to do -- much like those that try to skip out on jury duty. It's apathy and laziness more than anything.

The whole point of not having a standing army? If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. If a President has an army - he figures he can solve all problems with it. (and fight a war without even raising taxes - but give the wealthy a tax break..... sound like anyone we know???) See why they didn't want a standing army???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user