Shooting in Paris.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: Shooting in Paris.
I am sick of this bullshit.

It sucks that these things happen, but here in the states, we have far more gun violence, injuries and deaths that far outnumber "terrorist" attacks. Every fucking time we dig into these things we end up finding out the person doing it might be hiding behind religion, sure, but most of the time it is merely because they failed in their personal life, and just like the fucking asshole who shot that old man, was simply taking his failures out on everyone else. The older Brother of the Boston bomber used Islam as an excuse, but the truth was he blamed everyone else for his domestic abuse and lost his professional kick boxing license.

YES we should point out the fact that the Koran is used to justify violence, and yes the middle east is still stuck further in the past than the west, but I am sick of both Europe and America being pulled to the far right which is not a fucking solution. That kind of bullshit hyper nationalism is what gave rise to assholes like Hitler. I am fucking sick of the right in the west fighting their demagoguery with their own demagoguery. It is possible to fight terrorism without fucking becoming what you say you hate.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
21-04-2017, 06:13 AM
Shooting in Paris.
Brian, what do you think could have been done different in France to prevent this from happening?
Find all posts by this user
21-04-2017, 06:19 AM
You can't prevent inflamed assholes from doing what inflamed assholes do.

All you can do is wipe up the shit when they're done spewing.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Here is some more info. This includes a lot of the response of the French people. Another reason I love them.

I found this interesting ...
Quote:Another man suspected of possible links to the attack has turned himself in to Belgian police.

Is it possible that people themselves are waking up to ISL and beginning a show of resistance? Can this cooperation and resistance be exploited to squelch and surgically extract the breeding extremism?

I think that it can. And it needs to happen everywhere.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
21-04-2017, 09:53 AM
What amazes me most about these attacks is that all of the recent attackers have already been on the radar of the authorities. But this guy could go out to get himself an automatic weapon without any problems.

Which show that all this talk about more, more, more security is just talk. On the one hand what they already have in terms of security seems to work, but on the other hand, not a single terrorist attack has been prevented although they already knew the attacker.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
21-04-2017, 10:01 AM
(21-04-2017 09:53 AM)abaris Wrote:  What amazes me most about these attacks is that all of the recent attackers have already been on the radar of the authorities. But this guy could go out to get himself an automatic weapon without any problems.

Which show that all this talk about more, more, more security is just talk. On the one hand what they already have in terms of security seems to work, but on the other hand, not a single terrorist attack has been prevented although they already knew the attacker.

Unfortunately, them knowing of a probable threat isn't enough. They need evidence that will stand up in court proving they broke the law which often comes only after an attack.

The downside to having rights is that the bad guys have them too Big Grin

Also, the successful investigations and arrests don't usually make the headlines, leading to the misconception that they aren't happening.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
21-04-2017, 10:09 AM
(21-04-2017 10:01 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The downside to having rights is that the bad guys have them too Big Grin

It's not about them having rights. It's more about knowing them to be a possible danger and still give them sufficient space to launch an attack. One would think that someone like that is placed under closer scrutiny.

That's certainly not a plee for someone being arrested on pure suspicion, but to have a closer look at their movements. My guess is they're already drowning in data. Too much to be of any use anymore.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
21-04-2017, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2017 04:41 PM by Vera.)
(21-04-2017 09:53 AM)abaris Wrote:  not a single terrorist attack has been prevented although they already knew the attacker.

Um, given that we only learn of the *successful* attacks (you can't have a terrorist attack that never happened), this sentence doesn't really make much sense, to be fair...

Also, I'm pretty sure terrorist cells have their own channels for getting hold of arms. I doubt they go buy them at the European version of Walmart.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Hmm... they released the name of the murderer finally. I guess they had to wait so they could raid his house and the houses of all his relatives & friends.

The article has more info about the victims. There are also interviews of local folk and they ask them if the incident would influence their vote.

They all said non. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-04-2017, 05:11 AM
(21-04-2017 10:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Hmm... they released the name of the murderer finally. I guess they had to wait so they could raid his house and the houses of all his relatives & friends.

The article has more info about the victims. There are also interviews of local folk and they ask them if the incident would influence their vote.

They all said non. Shy

The sad part is that the mutt had a long criminal record - they should have found a deeper and darker hole to keep him in.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.