Shooting too close to home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2016, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2016 12:05 AM by evenheathen.)
Shooting too close to home
So this just happened. A bit close to home if you ask me. One of the injured was a next door neighbor of mine growing up. Shot twice in the chest and once in the leg. He's expected to make it. Another childhood friend from my brothers class works there but wasn't involved thankfully.

What the fuck...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/25/at-...oting.html

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: Hesston KS shooting
(25-02-2016 09:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So this just happened. A bit close to home if you ask me. One of the injured was a next door neighbor of mine growing up. Shot twice in the chest and once in the leg. He's expected to make it. Another childhood friend from my brothers class works there but wasn't involved thankfully.

What the fuck...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/25/at-...oting.html

Wow, so sorry. I know exactly where that is. I was born in Ks and traveled to nearly every city and po-dunk town in Ks while growing up. So sad.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
25-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Fuck. Getting mass texts from my family. One of the first people in contact with the shooter was a best friend of mine growing up. He wasn't shot.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Sad I'm so tired of this.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-02-2016, 10:09 PM
(25-02-2016 09:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Sad I'm so tired of this.

You and me both. This time it knocked on my doorstep. Fuck this shit.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Hug

Im sorry.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-02-2016, 11:23 PM

Is it just me or what the fuck is going on with these guys? They're just regular joes one minute and next minute they're shooting people and getting offed by the police? Is there something in the drinking water over there?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-02-2016, 11:55 PM
I am sorry to learn this. It is sad to see this news and not be surprised. Just another American day.

[Image: quote-history-teaches-us-that-the-capaci...-62-13.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-02-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Shooting too close to home
I'm so sorry dude.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
26-02-2016, 04:19 AM
RE: Shooting too close to home
(25-02-2016 11:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  ...

Is it just me or what the fuck is going on with these guys? They're just regular joes one minute and next minute they're shooting people and getting offed by the police? Is there something in the drinking water over there?

IF ONLY WE WERE HUMAN

This species is a dear, hateful, sweet, barbaric, tender, vile, intelligent, confused, virtuous, evil, thoughtful, perverted, generous, greedy species. In short, great entertainment.

As I said before, humans are the only species that systematically tortures and murders its own for pleasure and personal gain. In fact, we are the only species that systematically tortures and murders its own, period.

We are serial killers. All our poems and symphonies and oils on canvas will never change that. Man's noble aspect is the aberration.

Those who argue that art and philosophy are proof of human worth neglect to mention that, in the scheme we have devised, artists and philosophers are completely powerless and largely without prestige. Art, music and philosophy are merely poignant examples of what we might have been had not the high priests and traders gotten hold of us.

George Carlin
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post