Shopping...anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Shopping...anyone?
Just wondering if anyone here does the black Friday shopping thing? I don't normally participate. Not a big fan of events that brings the stupids out by the masses.

This year, however, may be different. Both of my children are only asking for 2-3 items each for Christmas. I am assuming (don't really know because I haven't looked at any sales ads) that there might be potential for big savings.

So here I sit trying to decide if it's even worth getting in the middle of all those nuts and their shenanigans.

Kid #1 wants a drone and the Anki DRIVE starter kit.
Kid#2 wants a Barbie dreamhouse and some Barbie's.

They aren't asking for much but the drone is more than I normally spend.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 03:26 PM
RE: Shopping...anyone?
(27-11-2014 03:20 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Just wondering if anyone here does the black Friday shopping thing? I don't normally participate. Not a big fan of events that brings the stupids out by the masses.

This year, however, may be different. Both of my children are only asking for 2-3 items each for Christmas. I am assuming (don't really know because I haven't looked at any sales ads) that there might be potential for big savings.

So here I sit trying to decide if it's even worth getting in the middle of all those nuts and their shenanigans.

Try Amazon...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-11-2014, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2014 03:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-11-2014 03:20 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Kid #1 wants a drone and the Anki DRIVE starter kit.

Kid #1 wants to be roboticist. Buy the drone.
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

Kid #1 is gonna take kid #2's Barbie on a quadcopter ride. Big Grin

And celebrate Christmas on New Year's day 'cause then you can get the best deals. We celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday instead of Thursday 'cause shit gets crazy discounted.

#sigh
27-11-2014, 03:48 PM
This shit has metastasized all the way to Canada, the last couple years...

But then, booze and groceries are about the only things left that I don't buy online, so there's that.

... this is my signature!
27-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Was shocked to find a friend of a friend in the UK on Facebook talking about Black Friday. I didn't even know what it was until a South Park episode a couple of years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
27-11-2014, 04:02 PM
(27-11-2014 03:20 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Just wondering if anyone here does the black Friday shopping thing? I don't normally participate. Not a big fan of events that brings the stupids out by the masses.

Ugh black Friday.

Only in America do we trample one another to death trying to buy new stuff only 24 hours after giving thanks for what we already have.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 6 users Like WitchSabrina's post
27-11-2014, 04:14 PM
I've never been Black Friday shopping but part of me wants to go with someone who is shopping and just watch. Makes me feel sadistic but still. I'd go by myself but I don't know if I wanna be caught up in that traffic or hunt to find a spot just to watch people fight over a clearance marked blender :/

[Image: notagain.gif]
27-11-2014, 04:42 PM
We don't have black Friday we have "Red Friday" at my work place (countries largest retailer).
I know this because guess who had to put out all the stock for it last night and who's gonna have to clean up the mess tonight? I'll give you a clue; this kid.
27-11-2014, 05:13 PM
(27-11-2014 04:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We don't have black Friday we have "Red Friday" at my work place (countries largest retailer).
I know this because guess who had to put out all the stock for it last night and who's gonna have to clean up the mess tonight? I'll give you a clue; this kid.

[Image: keep-calm-and-make-that-money-9.png]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
27-11-2014, 05:47 PM
(27-11-2014 04:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We don't have black Friday we have "Red Friday" at my work place (countries largest retailer).

Well at least you ain't getting paid diddlysquat for doing it. So there's that.

#sigh