Shopping...anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: Shopping...anyone?
Update:

Avoided the crisis of going out in the madness and found great deals for both the Anki Drive and Barbie Dream House online. Still have no clue about the drone. I'm thinking a really nice air hog should be sufficient for a 10 year old.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TN Skeptic's post
27-11-2014, 07:29 PM
I have gone out on Black Friday exactly once. In and out in under an hour swearing to never do that again.

That's why gawd made Amazon. Most of my shopping is done.

I have to work tomorrow anyway, but even if I didn't I wouldn't go near a store.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I'm meeting the girl friends in a few hours.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-11-2014, 10:19 PM
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, I'm meeting the girl friends in a few hours.

May the odds be ever in your favor!!
[+] 1 user Likes TN Skeptic's post
28-11-2014, 12:53 PM
(27-11-2014 06:12 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Update:

Avoided the crisis of going out in the madness and found great deals for both the Anki Drive and Barbie Dream House online. Still have no clue about the drone. I'm thinking a really nice air hog should be sufficient for a 10 year old.

Amazon has drones for under 50 bucks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-11-2014, 06:13 AM
(27-11-2014 05:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 04:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We don't have black Friday we have "Red Friday" at my work place (countries largest retailer).
I know this because guess who had to put out all the stock for it last night and who's gonna have to clean up the mess tonight? I'll give you a clue; this kid.

Well at least you ain't getting paid diddlysquat for doing it. So there's that.

It depends on your definition of "diddlysquat".

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-11-2014, 03:24 PM
(27-11-2014 03:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Was shocked to find a friend of a friend in the UK on Facebook talking about Black Friday. I didn't even know what it was until a South Park episode a couple of years ago.

It's consumer gluttony on steroids. I'm embarrassed to be an American citizen on Black Friday.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-11-2014, 03:30 PM
(27-11-2014 03:20 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Just wondering if anyone here does the black Friday shopping thing? I don't normally participate. Not a big fan of events that brings the stupids out by the masses.

This year, however, may be different. Both of my children are only asking for 2-3 items each for Christmas. I am assuming (don't really know because I haven't looked at any sales ads) that there might be potential for big savings.

So here I sit trying to decide if it's even worth getting in the middle of all those nuts and their shenanigans.

Kid #1 wants a drone and the Anki DRIVE starter kit.
Kid#2 wants a Barbie dreamhouse and some Barbie's.

They aren't asking for much but the drone is more than I normally spend.

Black Friday has a very different meaning down here in Aus than the shopping day it represents in the US...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-11-2014, 04:03 PM
(27-11-2014 10:19 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, I'm meeting the girl friends in a few hours.

May the odds be ever in your favor!!

For us it's more about the fun, than actually shopping.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces