Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
(18-06-2015 03:58 AM)BnW Wrote:  Gee, I'm really touched. The pain is subsiding but if it doesn't improve dramatically in the next day or so I will go.

Go now, eejit. ETA: If you wait 'til it goes away doc may have trouble finding the problem.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2015, 04:01 AM
Yep...go to the docs!

It could be something as simple as the way you lie in bed which could be causing pressure to both lungs and upper back or, developing asthma or, a whole host of other possibilities. But you won't know or being able to fix it unless you go to the doctors and find out.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
18-06-2015, 04:42 AM
(18-06-2015 03:58 AM)BnW Wrote:  Gee, I'm really touched. The pain is subsiding but if it doesn't improve dramatically in the next day or so I will go.

Yeah, don't be like ...

[Image: ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-06-2015, 05:04 AM
Sounds like a pulled muscle, or possibly a broken rib.

Also could be bronchitis, lung cancer, a bullet in your back??

What the fuck do I know???

I'm just some random bastard on an internet site....

I think I'd go to the doctor -- yesterday.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 05:23 AM
Oh my fucking god, you're killing me. Get your ass to the doctor any time shortness of breath is a symptom, as well as any time a symptom forces you to change your daily routine. Are you having to stack up the pillows to sleep at night?

It could be something simple like muscle strain. It could be something much more nefarious - scapular pain with shortness of breath? A chest x-ray, EKG, and some blood work could rule out a huge host of problems. You should be able to get this done in the doctor's office.

Just...there are a lot of scary, FIXABLE, diagnoses that come with those two symptoms (pulmonary embolism, acute coronary syndrome, aortic aneurysm...). I've even seen cholecystitis (gallbladder) present similarly, although I don't consider that one scary. Not everyone presents textbook.

*Wouldn't you feel better if you went to the doc, find out it's no big deal, get told it's a muscle spasm, get handed a prescription for some muscle relaxers, and go on about your day?*

If you start to develop any of these symptoms, log out of TTA, skip the doctor's office, and get to the ER:
-pain radiating down your left arm or to your left neck and jaw (go ahead and call 911)
-increased shortness of breath at rest
-increased shortness of breath with mild exertion
-pressure or squeezing in your chest (go ahead and call 911)
-increased left scapular pain
-nausea
-profuse sweating (go ahead and call 911)
-I figure if you start to feel a ripping sensation, you'll be calling 911 without hesitation.

You know what, log out of TTA anyway, and at least go to the doc.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 12 users Like Nurse's post
18-06-2015, 05:45 AM
GirlyBob - are you asleep at the wheel?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-06-2015, 08:20 AM
(18-06-2015 05:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh my fucking god, you're killing me. Get your ass to the doctor any time shortness of breath is a symptom, as well as any time a symptom forces you to change your daily routine. Are you having to stack up the pillows to sleep at night?

It could be something simple like muscle strain. It could be something much more nefarious - scapular pain with shortness of breath? A chest x-ray, EKG, and some blood work could rule out a huge host of problems. You should be able to get this done in the doctor's office.

Just...there are a lot of scary, FIXABLE, diagnoses that come with those two symptoms (pulmonary embolism, acute coronary syndrome, aortic aneurysm...). I've even seen cholecystitis (gallbladder) present similarly, although I don't consider that one scary. Not everyone presents textbook.

*Wouldn't you feel better if you went to the doc, find out it's no big deal, get told it's a muscle spasm, get handed a prescription for some muscle relaxers, and go on about your day?*

If you start to develop any of these symptoms, log out of TTA, skip the doctor's office, and get to the ER:
-pain radiating down your left arm or to your left neck and jaw (go ahead and call 911)
-increased shortness of breath at rest
-increased shortness of breath with mild exertion
-pressure or squeezing in your chest (go ahead and call 911)
-increased left scapular pain
-nausea
-profuse sweating (go ahead and call 911)
-I figure if you start to feel a ripping sensation, you'll be calling 911 without hesitation.

You know what, log out of TTA anyway, and at least go to the doc.

Yeah, I just shook my head. If it is/was an MI, they could've PTCA'd or stented him, and he'd be home by now, good as new. These could be heart attack sx. People show up here all the time (not with these symptoms) but the Stroke Analyst sits with the Cards analyst (me) and I see horror stories all the time about people who wait, and could have gotten tPA. Every hour wasted are cells that die ... hearts and brains. We had this 19 y.o. kid a month ago, totally occluded basilar artery ... they (neuro-interventionalists) were DIGGING clots out of his brain. He's now home, perfectly well, (as opposed to dead or a vegie or paralized). If he waited he would not be here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Please let us know the outcome. Also, how can I pray for you?

I have a knack for convincing god to answer my prayers over the 24,000 kids under the age of 5 that will be dying today from starvation, disease or some other cause.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
18-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
I was waiting for Nurse to reply. She's got the medical and maternal training.

Therefore, YEAH WHAT SHE SAID.
18-06-2015, 12:19 PM
BnW Dude...seriously?!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces