Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
(19-06-2015 09:54 AM)BnW Wrote:  This is why I hate to share almost as much as I hate going to the doctor.

Likelihood of cock-punch... rising...

Have you been to see the doc yet?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 12:37 PM
So went to the doctor and he said my wife shouldn't spend the insurance money just yet (I am worth far more dead than alive). It's a muscle strain in my back, which is what I thought it was. I must of done it during one of my many manly activities. I'm not sure if it was the reading, the negotiating, or maybe the lat pulls at the gym. One of those. Anyway, I'm fine.

And, in my continued efforts to woo and impress Nurse, I even made an appointment for an actual physical. How's that for commitment?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 7 users Like BnW's post
19-06-2015, 12:59 PM
(19-06-2015 12:37 PM)BnW Wrote:  So went to the doctor and he said my wife shouldn't spend the insurance money just yet (I am worth far more dead than alive). It's a muscle strain in my back, which is what I thought it was. I must of done it during one of my many manly activities. I'm not sure if it was the reading, the negotiating, or maybe the lat pulls at the gym. One of those. Anyway, I'm fine.

And, in my continued efforts to woo and impress Nurse, I even made an appointment for an actual physical. How's that for commitment?

Thumbsup Yay! Glad it was minor. It's nearly impossible to assess the problem when not in person. It was the complaint of shortness of breath that had me concerned - that symptom is almost always worrisome. Glad you went.

And yay for getting a physical set up! Much better to catch things before they progress into full blown problems. And if you get a clean bill of health? Celebrate Heart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-06-2015, 01:16 PM
My lungs are clear and my oxygen levels are good and there were no other symptoms. I just strained a muscle in a bad spot.

Life is going to work a lot harder to kill me off.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
19-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Glad you are ok BnW, my philosophy on doctors is it's better to go and have it end up be something minor, than not to go and have it turn out to be a major issue and get really sick or die from it. Life's too short to have it end prematurely.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
19-06-2015, 04:34 PM
(19-06-2015 12:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 12:37 PM)BnW Wrote:  So went to the doctor and he said my wife shouldn't spend the insurance money just yet (I am worth far more dead than alive). It's a muscle strain in my back, which is what I thought it was. I must of done it during one of my many manly activities. I'm not sure if it was the reading, the negotiating, or maybe the lat pulls at the gym. One of those. Anyway, I'm fine.

Thumbsup Yay! Glad it was minor. It's nearly impossible to assess the problem when not in person. It was the complaint of shortness of breath that had me concerned - that symptom is almost always worrisome. Glad you went.

And yay for getting a physical set up! Much better to catch things before they progress into full blown problems. And if you get a clean bill of health? Celebrate Heart

Rolleyes Listen to her...medicine is her specialty.

And yeah - that early detection thing is a wonderful thing.

Glad it was minor and you will be here a while longer. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Thumbsup

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
03-10-2015, 09:04 AM
So, just to appease all you nags, I went to the doctor and got my annual physical. First one in 3 years. They yelled at me for not coming in 3 years. Well, it wasn't exactly a yell. It was more like a strong admonishment. Either way, that was strike 1.

Anyway, I'm fine, but my liver numbers came back a little high. This made me unhappy. I love my liver. It's probably my favorite organ as I use it so often. I'm not even sure what it means that my numbers are high. They are going to send me the blood work results so I can look dumbfounded at it myself. I'm going to talk to the doctor on Monday about it too. But, high liver numbers may mean no drinking. No drinking means BnW isn't happy.

This never would have happened if I hadn't listened to everyone and gone to the doctor. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
03-10-2015, 09:22 AM
(03-10-2015 09:04 AM)BnW Wrote:  ...
This never would have happened if I hadn't listened to everyone and gone to the doctor. Dodgy

I know, right? What an inconsiderate bunch!

Some people on here simply do not have the right priorities and need to learn to be a lot less caring.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-10-2015, 09:29 AM
(03-10-2015 09:04 AM)BnW Wrote:  So, just to appease all you nags, I went to the doctor and got my annual physical.

Does your Doctor keep his stethoscope in the freezer, too? Dodgy
Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post