Shots fired in Dallas during protest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: Shots fired in Dallas during protest.
(07-07-2016 10:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  And I say that Dallas PD tweeted this

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/751262719584575488

That photo was just on the news here. The Dallas police chief was holding a press conference when they flashed that picture.

Crazy, some guy on twitter posted a picture he took of that guy walking right in front of him

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Now the word is that they have one suspect cornered in a parking garage.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Also bomb threats.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-07-2016, 10:16 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas-co.../266881573

11 shot, 3 killed in this link ,local ABC news.
07-07-2016, 10:18 PM
(07-07-2016 09:53 PM)SYZ Wrote:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-08/tw...ts/7580724

So as clarification, are they claiming it was African-Americans that killed the police?

One picture released of a dark-skinned person wearing a camouflage t-shirt. He appears to be carrying a rifle, which may be why he's a suspect. This is Texas though, and people can carry rifles and shotguns openly without a permit.

Have not read official statements about the shooter(s). No one has claimed it was part of the protests. One report says the protest had moved past the area, and the shooters opened fire on police trailing behind the crowd. A reporter said the protest was peaceful. A reporter, maybe the same one, says "Corey Hughes, an organizer of tonight's protest march, says "no indication of a threat" prior to event."

Of course, all this is unreliable. We don't know who did (is doing?) this or why. Is it retaliation for St. Paul? Or Baton Rouge? Is it connected to the officer ambush shooting in Houston a few weeks ago? Is it a statement, a spree, a prelude to something else? No answers yet.

I am sure someone elected will be thinking and praying shortly. No doubt that will restore order.
07-07-2016, 10:20 PM
(07-07-2016 10:18 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 09:53 PM)SYZ Wrote:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-08/tw...ts/7580724

So as clarification, are they claiming it was African-Americans that killed the police?

One picture released of a dark-skinned person wearing a camouflage t-shirt. He appears to be carrying a rifle, which may be why he's a suspect. This is Texas though, and people can carry rifles and shotguns openly without a permit.

Have not read official statements about the shooter(s). No one has claimed it was part of the protests. One report says the protest had moved past the area, and the shooters opened fire on police trailing behind the crowd. A reporter said the protest was peaceful. A reporter, maybe the same one, says "Corey Hughes, an organizer of tonight's protest march, says "no indication of a threat" prior to event."

Of course, all this is unreliable. We don't know who did (is doing?) this or why. Is it retaliation for St. Paul? Or Baton Rouge? Is it connected to the officer ambush shooting in Houston a few weeks ago? Is it a statement, a spree, a prelude to something else? No answers yet.

I am sure someone elected will be thinking and praying shortly. No doubt that will restore order.

That guy is not the shooter, he was shown in a video on the streets with his gun when shots were fired, he has released his weapon to police.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-07-2016, 10:31 PM
Just heard a fourth officer has died.
07-07-2016, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 10:42 PM by Anjele.)
(07-07-2016 10:18 PM)I Am Wrote:  

Ummm....no, you can't legally open carry without a permit. Not here in TX. Dandy stereotype though.

stateoftexaschl.com/open-carry Please see the last line where it states that even with an open carry license you have to carry in a holster...a long gun isn't going to fit in a holster.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-07-2016, 10:41 PM
People are trying to justifying the shootings by saying they shouldn't shoot innocent people.

07-07-2016, 10:56 PM
(07-07-2016 10:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  People are trying to justifying the shootings by saying they shouldn't shoot innocent people.

[Image: implied-facepalm-freddy-krueger-implied-...204587.jpg]