Shots fired in Dallas during protest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 06:24 AM
RE: Shots fired in Dallas during protest.
(08-07-2016 06:21 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 06:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tell your liberal friend -- next time she's in trouble --- call Hillary Clinton -- she'll come and help..... Dodgy
Oh she had to call them two days ago when someone broke into her house.

LOL

Irony impaired, is she????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-07-2016, 06:32 AM
We made extra sure we had everything locked up last night since all law enforcement in the area was called upon to go to downtown Dallas.

I am not real thrilled about heading toward work today since I work about a block from the Garland police station/jail and I drive the length of the grounds to get to my office. Confused

Parts of downtown Dallas are closed today.

What a mess.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-07-2016, 06:39 AM
(08-07-2016 06:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We made extra sure we had everything locked up last night since all law enforcement in the area was called upon to go to downtown Dallas.

I am not real thrilled about heading toward work today since I work about a block from the Garland police station/jail and I drive the length of the grounds to get to my office. Confused

Parts of downtown Dallas are closed today.

What a mess.

be careful and watch six

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-07-2016, 09:10 AM
This is just terrible. It makes me worry about our future.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-07-2016, 10:20 AM
(08-07-2016 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  This is just terrible. It makes me worry about our future.

Wish I had enough optimism left for something like this to stand out as uniquely troubling. Today was business as normal. It just seems worse when it happens within our arbitrarily defined safety bubble.

The best advice I can give to people who are feeling down is to embrace what history has shown to be just the way we are, then you can stop fretting over it.

'Murican Canadian
08-07-2016, 10:36 AM
(07-07-2016 10:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:18 PM)I Am Wrote:  One picture released of a dark-skinned person wearing a camouflage t-shirt. He appears to be carrying a rifle, which may be why he's a suspect. This is Texas though, and people can carry rifles and shotguns openly without a permit.

Ummm....no, you can't legally open carry without a permit. Not here in TX. Dandy stereotype though.

stateoftexaschl.com/open-carry Please see the last line where it states that even with an open carry license you have to carry in a holster...a long gun isn't going to fit in a holster.

That rule applies to handguns. If that website was insufficiently specific, it's not my problem.

Texas penal code, Title 10
Section 46.02

Unlawful Carrying of Weapons
(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or
(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.
(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster; or
(2) the person is:
(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;
(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or
( C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.

Long guns are not mentioned. There is no separate section addressing long guns. I say again, a person may openly carry rifles and shotguns in Texas, as long as they are not carrying it in a manner "calculated to cause alarm," in which case it is disorderly conduct, according to Title 9, CH. 42, Sec 42.01 (8)

I know of what I speak.
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
08-07-2016, 11:11 AM
It's all kinds of tragic.

Why do people do this or think it's somehow a good idea?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-07-2016, 11:15 AM
(08-07-2016 10:36 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ummm....no, you can't legally open carry without a permit. Not here in TX. Dandy stereotype though.

stateoftexaschl.com/open-carry Please see the last line where it states that even with an open carry license you have to carry in a holster...a long gun isn't going to fit in a holster.

That rule applies to handguns. If that website was insufficiently specific, it's not my problem.

Section 46.02

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.
(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster; or
(2) the person is:
(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;

Long guns are not mentioned. There is no separate section addressing long guns. I say again, a person may openly carry rifles and shotguns in Texas, as long as they are not carrying it in a manner "calculated to cause alarm," in which case it is disorderly conduct, according to Title 9, CH. 42, Sec 42.01 (8)

I know of what I speak.

You said you can open carry in Texas without a permit. You cannot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-07-2016, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 11:51 AM by Fireball.)
So they got all the perps?
08-07-2016, 11:23 AM
(08-07-2016 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:36 AM)I Am Wrote:  That rule applies to handguns. If that website was insufficiently specific, it's not my problem.

Section 46.02

(2) the person is:

I know of what I speak.

You said you can open carry in Texas without a permit. You cannot.

... I'm sorry, Anjele, but this is simply incorrect. There is no permitting of long guns. Permits apply to handguns only. There is no law restricting a person's right to carry a long gun, save the disorderly conduct statute.

If one has been passed that snuck by me, I invite you to direct me to it.