Shots fired in Dallas during protest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 12:10 PM
RE: Shots fired in Dallas during protest.
Jesus H. Fuckenstein and his red-headed stepbrother Shitenberry!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-07-2016, 01:08 PM
(08-07-2016 11:23 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You said you can open carry in Texas without a permit. You cannot.

... I'm sorry, Anjele, but this is simply incorrect. There is no permitting of long guns. Permits apply to handguns only. There is no law restricting a person's right to carry a long gun, save the disorderly conduct statute.

If one has been passed that snuck by me, I invite you to direct me to it.

I stand corrected.

I will say that in ten years here I have never seen anyone walking around with a visible long gun. For that matter I have only seen open carry by police officers.

I saw lots of open carry in AZ when I lived there in the 80s.

My apologies.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-07-2016, 01:17 PM
(08-07-2016 01:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 11:23 AM)I Am Wrote:  ... I'm sorry, Anjele, but this is simply incorrect. There is no permitting of long guns. Permits apply to handguns only. There is no law restricting a person's right to carry a long gun, save the disorderly conduct statute.

If one has been passed that snuck by me, I invite you to direct me to it.

I stand corrected.

I will say that in ten years here I have never seen anyone walking around with a visible long gun. For that matter I have only seen open carry by police officers.

I saw lots of open carry in AZ when I lived there in the 80s.

My apologies.

Hey, no worries. I had trouble believing it when I first learned it too. Smile
08-07-2016, 01:22 PM
When I first came to Oregon, some 25 years ago, just about every truck had a rifle rack, and most of them held a rifle or two. Haven't seen any of those since I don't know when.

Anyway, back to your regular scheduled programming.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-07-2016, 01:41 PM
(08-07-2016 01:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I first came to Oregon, some 25 years ago, just about every truck had a rifle rack, and most of them held a rifle or two. Haven't seen any of those since I don't know when.

It used to be common in Michigan too -- till they changed the definition of "concealed" as to mean - anywhere in the vehicle -- even if visible from outside the vehicle.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-07-2016, 01:43 PM
(08-07-2016 01:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I first came to Oregon, some 25 years ago, just about every truck had a rifle rack, and most of them held a rifle or two. Haven't seen any of those since I don't know when.

You need to come up this way....

I saw three today.

Not counting the ones that live in my neighborhood (like next door to me).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Before the idiot with a gun decided to ruin everything the Dallas Police force was running a clinic in how to properly handle a legal protest.

Dallas police have actually be a trendsetter in the nation since chief David Brown took over. They have adopted body cams and a deescalation approach that has lowered complaints 64%

Quote:In 2009, there were 147 excessive-force complaints against police officers; by 2014, those complaints dropped by 64 percent. And as of November, when the article was published, there had been just 13 such complaints in 2015

Credit where it is due these were good cops that were killed by an evil person not the renegade out of control ones these stories are usually about.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-07-2016, 03:38 PM
So I guess now that as it was an African-American that murdered these police, that gives the whites in Dallas the right to burn cars, loot store fronts, and set fire to buildings and other acts of wanton vandalism?

This seems to be the sort of thing that the BLM tacitly condones whenever it's a black that's shot by a white. Let's see them try and defend the actions of one of their own—who has connections to the BLM.

We've now had more whites killed by blacks during the past week or so than vice versa. Or is this how the blacks expect to help improve their assimilation with a predominantly white society, and gain respect? What a great start. Not.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
08-07-2016, 03:40 PM
(08-07-2016 03:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Let's see them try and defend the actions of one of their own—who has connections to the BLM.

I haven't seen that yet. ref?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-07-2016, 04:03 PM
(08-07-2016 03:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 03:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Let's see them try and defend the actions of one of their own—who has connections to the BLM.

I haven't seen that yet. ref?

According to Chief David Brown the suspect claimed to be working alone and was not involved with any groups.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense