Shots fired in Dallas during protest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Shots fired in Dallas during protest.
(10-07-2016 07:19 AM)BnW Wrote:  From the mouth of sports reporters.....

He said a lot of what I couldn't articulate earlier.

One person, or a few, with a certain identifying characteristic does something and the retaliation is carried out on all people who have the same characteristic...be it skin color, uniform color, religious affiliation, cultural background, etc.

It's making generalizations about a group of people based on one thing. It's crazy and it's always been crazy.

We see a lot of theists who come to this board who think they know what ALL atheists think, do, believe, and behave. We have one common identifying trait...and it's a loose one at best.

Some crappy cops get trigger happy or physically violent beyond reason...those cops happen to have been white...well some see the solution as getting rid of white cops. No one seems to see individuals any more...they see groups...and they see everyone in that group being guilty of and responsible for the actions of a member or some members of that group.

I don't know what the 'fix' is. But I do know that the passing on of hatred for one group or another has to stop.

It all makes me sad. Too much hate, too many assumptions, too much 'us against them' thinking. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
10-07-2016, 07:40 AM
(10-07-2016 07:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

One person, or a few, with a certain identifying characteristic does something and the retaliation is carried out on all people who have the same characteristic...be it skin color, uniform color, religious affiliation, cultural background, etc.

It's making generalizations about a group of people based on one thing. It's crazy and it's always been crazy.

We see a lot of theists who come to this board who think they know what ALL atheists think, do, believe, and behave. We have one common identifying trait...and it's a loose one at best.

Some crappy cops get trigger happy or physically violent beyond reason...those cops happen to have been white...well some see the solution as getting rid of white cops. No one seems to see individuals any more...they see groups...and they see everyone in that group being guilty of and responsible for the actions of a member or some members of that group.

I don't know what the 'fix' is. But I do know that the passing on of hatred for one group or another has to stop.

It all makes me sad. Too much hate, too many assumptions, too much 'us against them' thinking. Undecided

It's the same reason that two party politics is such a joke.....

NOBODY ever fits the mold......

It's how people are --- contradictory, and piss-all unique......

It'd be boring if they weren't - wouldn't it???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-07-2016, 07:48 AM
(10-07-2016 07:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  He said a lot of what I couldn't articulate earlier.

It's the same reason that two party politics is such a joke.....

Sadly, we just watch these things happen and move on to the next bigger horror.

Are we too used to it to actually do anything about it?

Sometimes that's what it seems like...things are just FUBAR. Is that where we are now?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-07-2016, 07:54 AM
(10-07-2016 07:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's the same reason that two party politics is such a joke.....

Sadly, we just watch these things happen and move on to the next bigger horror.

Are we too used to it to actually do anything about it?

Sometimes that's what it seems like...things are just FUBAR. Is that where we are now?

I do what I can at my level, whether it's treating inmates or enemy combatants with respect or volunteering at refugee assistance organizations. I can't even explain why I feel I get something out of it, because as far as the big picture is concerned, I'm exactly where you described. I accept and embrace humanity as being inherently violent.

'Murican Canadian
10-07-2016, 07:59 AM
21 officers injured from BLM protests in Minnesota. People throwing molotov's, rebar, bricks, bottles etc.

http://www.startribune.com/about-100-arr...386197981/

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-07-2016, 08:05 AM

Fix is to drop the identity politics, at least that should be the first step.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
10-07-2016, 11:57 AM
(10-07-2016 07:59 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  21 officers injured from BLM protests in Minnesota. People throwing molotov's, rebar, bricks, bottles etc.

I am trying to find reference to or pictures of Molotov cocktails. I see mention of bottles, but not fuel-filled bottles with lit wicks. Molotovs are often quite photogenic, both in the act of throwing and after they fall, but I don't see any pictures either. Can you help me with a reference?
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM
(10-07-2016 11:57 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:59 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  21 officers injured from BLM protests in Minnesota. People throwing molotov's, rebar, bricks, bottles etc.

I am trying to find reference to or pictures of Molotov cocktails. I see mention of bottles, but not fuel-filled bottles with lit wicks. Molotovs are often quite photogenic, both in the act of throwing and after they fall, but I don't see any pictures either. Can you help me with a reference?

Me neither.

"Sunday morning, St. Paul Police Chief Todd Axtell confirmed 21 officers were injured by projectiles, including fireworks, rocks, bricks, concrete chunks and glass bottles. At the height of the confrontation, police said some people started arming themselves with rebar from a nearby construction site. Police then used smoke and to clear the crowd. After the freeway was cleared, one officer was hit in the face by a bottle thrown by a protester on a St. Paul city street.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-07-2016, 01:47 PM

This phenomenon is the direct outcome of the low information culture. Those who subscribe to it are captive to those patterns of thinking. They work with stereotypes or caricatures rather than real people.

That is why murders of innocent black people can be justified on the basis of some statistic or crime with which they individually had nothing to do with. You often see the justification of the murder by mentioning a separate incident in which a cop was victimized. Conversely the criminal actions of an individual killer cop are conflated to the entire police force with results like the Dallas tragedy.

Me thinks the solution is to have zero tolerance for the violation of anybody's civil rights by the justice system, whatever the race or position of the perpetrator. Nobody should support the criminals. Most cops are not criminals. Giving cover to the behavior of those few criminals among them taints the entire force. The same thing happens with respect to BLM when black people do not come out in force to condemn the actions of the Dallas cop killer.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 4 users Like tomilay's post
11-07-2016, 12:35 AM
(10-07-2016 11:57 AM)I Am Wrote:  

(10-07-2016 12:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 11:57 AM)I Am Wrote:  I am trying to find reference to or pictures of Molotov cocktails. I see mention of bottles, but not fuel-filled bottles with lit wicks. Molotovs are often quite photogenic, both in the act of throwing and after they fall, but I don't see any pictures either. Can you help me with a reference?

Me neither.

"Sunday morning, St. Paul Police Chief Todd Axtell confirmed 21 officers were injured by projectiles, including fireworks, rocks, bricks, concrete chunks and glass bottles. At the height of the confrontation, police said some people started arming themselves with rebar from a nearby construction site. Police then used smoke and to clear the crowd. After the freeway was cleared, one officer was hit in the face by a bottle thrown by a protester on a St. Paul city street.

No pictures but this was tweeted by the official Saint Paul police twitter.

[Image: 2016_07_11_023258.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post