Shoud public nudity be legal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: Shoud public nudity be legal?
(23-01-2013 02:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Yes, it should be fully legal.

Why should we ban nudity? Because sex makes us uncomfortable? Grow up. Because some people have ugly genitals? So what? Do we force people with ugly faces to cover their faces?

If you want to walk around naked, be my guest. Plus, it will make it easier to catch pedos.

I disagree. Making public nudity not only legal, but acceptable might get rid of pedos all together. Ok, maybe not at first but pretty damn quick. Why are guys, myself included so fixated on breasts? It is because short of going to a titty bar or getting a movie with an x rating, you just don't get to see very many. There are so many r rated movies out there that don't have any nudity at all. I don't watch many G rated disney movies any more, since I am an adult and don't have any kids yet. If my memories of growing up are correct (1980's through 1990's) many disney flicks had at least one naked kid in them as well as a character normally would die at some point in the movie. If us guys would get desensitized by seeing breasts in public more often (by that I mean at all), then it would be the same for those attracted to children. At least that is my theory anyway. These days it is nearly impossible to come across a new r rated film with nudity. By making it more difficult to see, you make it forbidden fruit. Every human being is normally guilty of wanting something that can't have, see, or touch, it just depends on the person what that thing might be.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2013, 10:33 AM
(24-01-2013 05:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(23-01-2013 02:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Yes, it should be fully legal.

Why should we ban nudity? Because sex makes us uncomfortable? Grow up. Because some people have ugly genitals? So what? Do we force people with ugly faces to cover their faces?

If you want to walk around naked, be my guest. Plus, it will make it easier to catch pedos.

I disagree. Making public nudity not only legal, but acceptable might get rid of pedos all together. Ok, maybe not at first but pretty damn quick. Why are guys, myself included so fixated on breasts? It is because short of going to a titty bar or getting a movie with an x rating, you just don't get to see very many. There are so many r rated movies out there that don't have any nudity at all. I don't watch many G rated disney movies any more, since I am an adult and don't have any kids yet. If my memories of growing up are correct (1980's through 1990's) many disney flicks had at least one naked kid in them as well as a character normally would die at some point in the movie. If us guys would get desensitized by seeing breasts in public more often (by that I mean at all), then it would be the same for those attracted to children. At least that is my theory anyway. These days it is nearly impossible to come across a new r rated film with nudity. By making it more difficult to see, you make it forbidden fruit. Every human being is normally guilty of wanting something that can't have, see, or touch, it just depends on the person what that thing might be.
I'm actually inclined to agree that we could reduce the number of pedophiles and rapists if most people opted to go nude, but you will never get rid of either.

24-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I think public toplessness for men and women could be a thing, but pantslessness wouldn't work. You'd still have to put on clothes to go in stores and restaurants for hygiene purposes. You can't just throw away all the health rules. If anything, you could still only be naked at a beach or in your backyard.

I wouldn't want to sit on a bus seat after a crack whore, and I wouldn't want some dirty old man's junk brushing against me in a crowded grocery store line.

I don't think the issue is whether or not people could stand looking at "normal" folks nude (though I don't think people have the right to dictate what a person should wear based on their perceived attractiveness), I think it's a hygiene issue. Hell, even strippers in many places have to wear pasties, and they are paid to take their clothes off. You'd have to change a lot of other laws to permit nudity other than just public nudity laws. You have to wear shirts in a food place, you need to wear shoes, etc.

I wish people were less sensitive about nudity though. People used to be shocked because, as an art student, I had to stare at nude models all day. An ex-friend went to a community college where they were so uptight about nudity, they made the male models wear g-strings. I've never heard of that happening in a college before. I also hate it when people would ask me, "What if the model is fat? What if she's not attractive?" because you're not drawing them to get off, you're drawing them to get used to drawing the human figure. Also, people didn't realize how many male models we had. Even fat and unattractive ones! Even there people were very immature about it, a lot of nervous giggling and such like they'd never seen a naked human before. Anyway, that shit irritated me a lot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
24-01-2013, 01:52 PM
(24-01-2013 01:04 PM)amyb Wrote:  I think public toplessness for men and women could be a thing, but pantslessness wouldn't work. You'd still have to put on clothes to go in stores and restaurants for hygiene purposes. You can't just throw away all the health rules. If anything, you could still only be naked at a beach or in your backyard.

I wouldn't want to sit on a bus seat after a crack whore, and I wouldn't want some dirty old man's junk brushing against me in a crowded grocery store line.

I don't think the issue is whether or not people could stand looking at "normal" folks nude (though I don't think people have the right to dictate what a person should wear based on their perceived attractiveness), I think it's a hygiene issue. Hell, even strippers in many places have to wear pasties, and they are paid to take their clothes off. You'd have to change a lot of other laws to permit nudity other than just public nudity laws. You have to wear shirts in a food place, you need to wear shoes, etc.

I wish people were less sensitive about nudity though. People used to be shocked because, as an art student, I had to stare at nude models all day. An ex-friend went to a community college where they were so uptight about nudity, they made the male models wear g-strings. I've never heard of that happening in a college before. I also hate it when people would ask me, "What if the model is fat? What if she's not attractive?" because you're not drawing them to get off, you're drawing them to get used to drawing the human figure. Also, people didn't realize how many male models we had. Even fat and unattractive ones! Even there people were very immature about it, a lot of nervous giggling and such like they'd never seen a naked human before. Anyway, that shit irritated me a lot.
In the US, where nudity is legal, they usually require you to bring a towel to sit on. A towel is every bit as good as a pair of pants, assuming you sit on it squarely as far as I'm concerned. I'd be okay with it.

25-01-2013, 06:23 PM
(22-01-2013 08:18 AM)Vosur Wrote:  When I read the title of this thread, I thought namiloveyou was the one who started it. Consider
I would almost think so but he ignores the concept of the legal system, I suppose since there could be no reason to pay attention to it. I've seen multiple instances of him side stepping a question about laws impact and keep it purely on the "moral" train.

I prefer people not publicly nude because it would be painful to see accidents and injuries with naked people all too frequently.. like make you unaroused for a good ten minutes. That's just too long to go on.

BTW, unlike DLJ, I'm wearing two shirts, a hoodie, pants, knickers, socks, and shoes why typing this. Thumbsup

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
30-01-2013, 06:31 AM
(24-01-2013 01:04 PM)amyb Wrote:  You'd still have to put on clothes to go in stores and restaurants for hygiene purposes. You can't just throw away all the health rules.
By that logic it should be illegal to sneeze on a train, or not to wash your hands after taking a poo.
Quote:I wouldn't want to sit on a bus seat after a crack whore, and I wouldn't
want some dirty old man's junk brushing against me in a crowded grocery
store line.
The issue of people sitting naked is easily solved by placing a towel on the seat. If the 'crack whore' is so dirty would you want to sit on the seat if she was wearing clothes soiled with poo and dried semen? And if she is naked and you are clothed why should you care what you sit on? Clothes protect you from your external environment.

As for the dirty old man, would he be any less invasive with clothes on, rubbing his clothed penis on you?