Should CNN be proud of this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2015, 06:39 AM
RE: Should CNN be proud of this?
[Image: image.gif?w=400&c=1]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
25-08-2015, 11:51 AM
(20-08-2015 02:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I will get it. The fact that you know nothing about it, demonstrates your ignorance of the experience factor in surgery, both from the standpoint of the physician, and the staff. It is well documented, and widely accepted in medicine and surgery.

Edit : Here ya go : http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...2308022514
"We sought to determine the association between pediatric cardiac surgical volume and mortality using sophisticated case-mix adjustment and a national clinical database."
Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Every surgical sub-specialty has done similar studies, and they are out there, and all show similar findings.

Here is another study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3269112/

This one suggests that lower volume hospitals are just as competent as higher volume hospitals in preforming the surgeries as I suggested. It is dealing with complications where higher volume hospitals excel. This isn't exclusive to pediatric cardiac surgery either. It is an effect seen across the board when complications arise.

So lets save some lives and close down all the smaller volume hospitals, or ban them from taking on cases in which it is likely complications will manifest. Do you really think that makes sense? Of course it is silly, but that is essentially what Bucky recommended in this instance. Bucky would you recommend this in general? That all small volume hospitals be closed and people be forced to go to higher volume regional ones who are better equipped to deal with complications when they arise?
Find all posts by this user
25-08-2015, 11:04 PM
(25-08-2015 11:51 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 02:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I will get it. The fact that you know nothing about it, demonstrates your ignorance of the experience factor in surgery, both from the standpoint of the physician, and the staff. It is well documented, and widely accepted in medicine and surgery.

Edit : Here ya go : http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...2308022514
"We sought to determine the association between pediatric cardiac surgical volume and mortality using sophisticated case-mix adjustment and a national clinical database."
Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Every surgical sub-specialty has done similar studies, and they are out there, and all show similar findings.

Here is another study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3269112/

This one suggests that lower volume hospitals are just as competent as higher volume hospitals in preforming the surgeries as I suggested. It is dealing with complications where higher volume hospitals excel. This isn't exclusive to pediatric cardiac surgery either. It is an effect seen across the board when complications arise.

So lets save some lives and close down all the smaller volume hospitals, or ban them from taking on cases in which it is likely complications will manifest. Do you really think that makes sense? Of course it is silly, but that is essentially what Bucky recommended in this instance. Bucky would you recommend this in general? That all small volume hospitals be closed and people be forced to go to higher volume regional ones who are better equipped to deal with complications when they arise?

I like how you view it with a one possible option scenario when any logical discussion of this would not take such a route. It's clear there is just a continual trolling nature to you in your manner.

They could approach it in various manners such as actually expanding hospitals do it or have set regulations on assisting complication protocols to allow such surgeries at smaller volume locations.

And you're taking now a local situation of a hospital in the palm beach area just near Ft. Lauderdale/Miami metro area where several service providing hospitals likely exist for these events.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
26-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Tot top it off, Blowjob thinks his isolated opinion, backed up by evidence he has searched for to support it, trumps that of an independent panel of experts. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-08-2015, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 12:32 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(26-08-2015 12:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tot top it off, Blowjob thinks his isolated opinion, backed up by evidence he has searched for to support it, trumps that of an independent panel of experts. Rolleyes

Do you even know what those experts expertise is in and if their expertise is germaine? Or do you just rely on CNN?

I play poker with a doctor. The doctor is an expert in the field of medicine as far as I am concerned. However the doctor also thinks one of the dealers is bad because they always deal him bad cards. I keep my mouth shut when he disparages that dealer but I want to scream at him, "YOU MORON! CAN'T YOU SEE IT IS RANDOM HAPPENSTANCE?" and then continue to lecture him about how the human brain has a propensity to see patterns when there are none and that the mind tries to conjure up explanations when the situation really doesn't warrant one beyond what is obvious.

Bucky's link was nice. Thanks Bucky. I do agree that it appears mortality rates are lower in higher volume hospitals. I don't agree that it has to do with competency though. A lot of other factors can come into play. For instance, It used to be(I don't know if it still is) that infant mortality was higher in rural areas. One reason for this was at the time, women in rural areas were more likely to be malnourished and thus produce weaker babies. However you could have a local paper write an article saying this particular country doctor delivered babies that were more likely to die in infancy. If that doctor decided to pack his bags after the article, you would see Bucky be standing there saying, "Good...because of this article lives were saved".

You know, Nurse hit the nail right on the head, this CNN article wasn't good journalism....it was sensationalism. You people should be ashamed you are defending it.
26-08-2015, 12:57 AM
You *fucking idiot*.

CNN can sensationalise the shit out of it. The opinion you disagreed with was that of the independent panel of experts.

Fucken idiot troll.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-08-2015, 01:04 AM
(26-08-2015 12:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  You *fucking idiot*.

CNN can sensationalise the shit out of it. The opinion you disagreed with was that of the independent panel of experts.

Fucken idiot troll.

So I take it you don't know what field these "experts" hold their expertise and whether or not it is germane.....and that you just trust CNN.

That explains a lot.

Anyways. I forgive you for calling me a fucking idiot and fucking idiot troll. I hope one day you will grow enough as a human being to abandon personal insults.
26-08-2015, 01:11 AM
(26-08-2015 01:04 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So I take it you don't know what field these "experts" hold their expertise and whether or not it is germane.....and that you just trust CNN.

Do you, you incredulous cunt? Facepalm

Why do you doubt the expert opinion of a panel convened by the State of Florida's own Department of Health?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-08-2015, 01:22 AM
(26-08-2015 01:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 01:04 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So I take it you don't know what field these "experts" hold their expertise and whether or not it is germane.....and that you just trust CNN.

Do you, you incredulous cunt? Facepalm

Why do you doubt the expert opinion of a panel convened by the State of Florida's own Department of Health?

'Cos his troll brain is clearly superior in every way Rolleyes

26-08-2015, 10:19 AM
(26-08-2015 12:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  You *fucking idiot*.

Fucken idiot troll.

Which he still obviously hasn't read even though Pappy linked it pages ago.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post