Should CNN be proud of this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Should CNN be proud of this?
(27-08-2015 12:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Please, if you are going to interject in an exchange between me and morandog, at least pay attention to what is being said.

BlowMe. How 'bout no.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2015, 10:49 AM
(28-08-2015 02:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  The analysis of the program was done and the result was the hospital chose to shut it down.

The hospital chose to shut the program down only after CNN published its article. After that article, how many patients would you expect to be referred to that hospital? CNN killed that program and they are proud of it.
28-08-2015, 10:53 AM
(28-08-2015 10:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 02:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  The analysis of the program was done and the result was the hospital chose to shut it down.

The hospital chose to shut the program down only after CNN published its article. After that article, how many patients would you expect to be referred to that hospital? CNN killed that program and they are proud of it.

No they didn't. The hospital failed to put in place the appropriate controls and QA program to insure good outcomes. Every one of the patients that woukld have gotten care there, got care somewhere else. You have not one example where a child did not get care.

Quit your whining about a non-issue. The closure was a good thing.
Give it up. idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-08-2015, 11:08 AM
(28-08-2015 10:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The hospital chose to shut the program down only after CNN published its article. After that article, how many patients would you expect to be referred to that hospital? CNN killed that program and they are proud of it.

No they didn't. The hospital failed to put in place the appropriate controls and QA program to insure good outcomes. Every one of the patients that woukld have gotten care there, got care somewhere else. You have not one example where a child did not get care.

Give it up. idiot.

I forgive you for calling me an idiot. Yes the hospital closing its program was a good thing for some people. Namely the remaining providers. The re-reimbursement rates for such services don't face the downward pressure competition would apply toward them.
28-08-2015, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2015 06:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-08-2015 11:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yes the hospital closing its program was a good thing for some people. Namely the remaining providers. The re-reimbursement rates for such services don't face the downward pressure competition would apply toward them.

Don't know what a re-reimbursement rate is, but the free market doesn't set reimbursement rates. The insurance companies do. There is no downward pressure from competitors.

#sigh
28-08-2015, 06:02 PM
(28-08-2015 10:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

You never let facts get in the way of your bizarre opinions.

You are a fucking idiot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2015, 06:04 PM
(28-08-2015 11:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No they didn't. The hospital failed to put in place the appropriate controls and QA program to insure good outcomes. Every one of the patients that woukld have gotten care there, got care somewhere else. You have not one example where a child did not get care.

Give it up. idiot.

I forgive you for calling me an idiot. Yes the hospital closing its program was a good thing for some people. Namely the remaining providers. The re-reimbursement rates for such services don't face the downward pressure competition would apply toward them.

They were a low volume program. They didn't have enough patients to matter.

Please, don't let the facts intrude on your fucking wingnut theories.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-08-2015, 06:14 PM
(28-08-2015 11:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No they didn't. The hospital failed to put in place the appropriate controls and QA program to insure good outcomes. Every one of the patients that woukld have gotten care there, got care somewhere else. You have not one example where a child did not get care.

Give it up. idiot.

No. It was a good thing for the kids that could have undergone procedures under unsafe conditions. You have no evidence there was any pressure either way in reimbursement rates. if you do, let's see it, or STFU, you charlatan.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-08-2015, 06:44 PM
(28-08-2015 02:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for callin me a stupid incredulous fuck. It is possible the hospital staff may be inept and that could be the cause of higher mortality. However it could be a whole lot of other reasons too....not limited but including random happenstance.

The difference between you an me EK....is I think for myself. I draw my own conclusions. I am my own man. I don't blame others.......just because someone else tells me too.

I forgive you for implying EvolutionKills is a stupid incredulous fuck.

#sigh
28-08-2015, 06:52 PM
(27-08-2015 01:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Suppose you asked the panel of experts to decide if a coin is fair. They flip it 10 times and 7 times it comes up tails. Since it has landed on tails 7 times and on heads 3 times they conclude it is not fair. Why? Because they are experts at medicine and not at statistics or physics.

Medical training requires a shitload of statistics. Your ridiculous example and claim that they would call the coin unfair with such a small sample size indicates your own statistics training must be rather weak.

#sigh