Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(29-12-2013 08:32 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:29 PM)Question Wrote:  Does something like that already exist? I imagine there would be since some parents don't want the SO to be involved at all with the child. Or am I thinking of something else?

As of right now I don't believe there is.

I think you're right, I can't find anything.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2013, 08:35 PM
(29-12-2013 08:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:29 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Extreme hypothetical: What if, after learning the woman is pregnant, the man goes to the woman and says "We're in this together. If we allow this child to be born both of us will have to drop out of college to support it, and it will ruin both of our futures. So I will accept responsibility and pay for the abortion, please, let's not let this ruin our lives". And the woman says "screw you, it may ruin YOUR life since you'll be on the hook to pay child support and will have to drop out of college to work full-time and support the kid. But it won't screw up my life because my mom said she'll help raise the baby, so I can stay in college, get my degree and start my career."

Q: In such a situation, should the man have the right to go to the court and say "I accept responsibility for what I've done, and I've agreed to pay for an abortion because I simply can't afford to support this child. Please absolve me of child support responsibilities if the woman decides to keep the baby?"

Yes. As long as he does so before the women can no longer legally get an abortion.

Fixed that for you!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
29-12-2013, 08:36 PM
(29-12-2013 08:29 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:27 PM)Crulax Wrote:  If the man follows a legal process to opt. out of responsibility for the child and the mother is informed that he would have no obligations to support either the child or her if she chooses to deliver than I am fine with that.
Does something like that already exist? I imagine there would be since some parents don't want the SO to be involved at all with the child. Or am I thinking of something else?

In some states this is possible. Not before but after the baby is born, but I think it only works if the mother agrees.
29-12-2013, 08:38 PM
(29-12-2013 08:36 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:29 PM)Question Wrote:  Does something like that already exist? I imagine there would be since some parents don't want the SO to be involved at all with the child. Or am I thinking of something else?

In some states this is possible. Not before but after the baby is born, but I think it only works if the mother agrees.

Do you know which ones? I'm looking about on google but other CS issues pop up instead of this one.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
29-12-2013, 08:38 PM
(29-12-2013 08:35 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Yes. As long as he does so before the women can no longer legally get an abortion.

Fixed that for you!

Thanks haha Smile
29-12-2013, 08:41 PM
I was gonna slap you, since child support absolutely should not be abolished but then I read on.

If a man walks out on a woman and his child, he pays support. Period. You have an infant and you decide to walk out? You're still gonna pay, asshole.

However if you accidentally knock up a gal that's different. Yes, it's unconscionable for a woman to force a man to go through a pregnancy he doesn't want but that isn't call for abolishing child support all together.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
29-12-2013, 08:49 PM
(29-12-2013 08:38 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:36 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  In some states this is possible. Not before but after the baby is born, but I think it only works if the mother agrees.

Do you know which ones? I'm looking about on google but other CS issues pop up instead of this one.

I'm not sure. I can't find it on google either. In Ohio a man cannot terminate rights unless there is another man to take his place (child is adopted or mother is remarried) if the miter is re married she can still choose to make the father keep his rights by having her new husband refuse to take custody. I am pretty sure that a man has to pay child support even if the mother doesn't want it. It's completely sexist.
29-12-2013, 08:51 PM
(29-12-2013 08:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:38 PM)Question Wrote:  Do you know which ones? I'm looking about on google but other CS issues pop up instead of this one.

I'm not sure. I can't find it on google either. In Ohio a man cannot terminate rights unless there is another man to take his place (child is adopted or mother is remarried) if the miter is re married she can still choose to make the father keep his rights by having her new husband refuse to take custody. I am pretty sure that a man has to pay child support even if the mother doesn't want it. It's completely sexist.
Ohio? I wouldn't have guessed.

29-12-2013, 08:53 PM
(29-12-2013 08:51 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm not sure. I can't find it on google either. In Ohio a man cannot terminate rights unless there is another man to take his place (child is adopted or mother is remarried) if the miter is re married she can still choose to make the father keep his rights by having her new husband refuse to take custody. I am pretty sure that a man has to pay child support even if the mother doesn't want it. It's completely sexist.
Ohio? I wouldn't have guessed.

Georgia is worse. If a man's wife cheats on him and they're still married when the baby is born, he is legally required to be listed as the father on the birth certificate. Even if they are separated, even if the father is there ready to sign the birth certificate they won't let him. Some laws are so weird.
29-12-2013, 08:55 PM
(29-12-2013 08:53 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:51 PM)Question Wrote:  Ohio? I wouldn't have guessed.

Georgia is worse. If a man's wife cheats on him and they're still married when the baby is born, he is legally required to be listed as the father on the birth certificate. Even if they are separated, even if the father is there ready to sign the birth certificate they won't let him. Some laws are so weird.

That's were I live!Sadcryface2

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post