Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(31-12-2013 10:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 09:52 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I pay $32k a year in child support for two kids, and do so gladly. It was my choice to have help create them, and my choice to leave their mother. Life is to short to be miserable, and you only get one life, might as well enjoy the ride. Thankfully their mother and I are great friends still and all go out together as a group often (ex and her new husband, me and my wife, and our kids)...because in the end, the kid's didnt have a choice, you brought them in the world, abandonment isn't a valid option, neither is non financial support.

Thank you for typing "...and do so gladly" for those are the best words a man can say (whatever the amount is).

Key word - Man.

Always a pleasure to meet a real man. Always.

well regardless of the fact that their mother and I parted ways due to inability to see eye to eye, doesn't change the fact that they are my children, and they dont deserve to go down in their quality of life because i chose to leave. In retrospect, I probably worked harder on the post divorce relationship than the marriage relationship due to I realized how important it was to me that the kids adjust and be happy, feel loved and provided for. That includes having a civil relationship with their mother. Once I decided on divorce, it became all focus on the kids, as it should be. Whatever happened between their mother and I , was and is between their mother and I. They don't deserve to pay for it. But every divorce is different, every relationship is different, what works for one, doesnt for another and I am in no way judging anyone else, as long as they jointly take care of a child they brought into the world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
31-12-2013, 02:52 PM
(31-12-2013 02:47 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  This isn't about taking responsibility for having sex. This is about taking responsibility for choosing to give birth and/or choosing to be a parent.

If we want to talk about taking responsibility for having sex, then this will just turn into a pro-life analogy.

Hypothetically if we were in that thread I would argue that having an abortion is a possible way to take responsibility.
31-12-2013, 02:54 PM
(31-12-2013 02:52 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Hypothetically if we were in that thread I would argue that having an abortion is a possible way to take responsibility.
I think abortion IS the more responsible choice in many cases. But like you said, another thread Thumbsup.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
31-12-2013, 02:58 PM
(31-12-2013 02:42 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  No one is even going to debate you because you're a moron.
well that how I think society see's it tell I'm wrong
31-12-2013, 03:00 PM
(31-12-2013 02:58 PM)Imdefender Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 02:42 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  No one is even going to debate you because you're a moron.

Could you rewrite that in English?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-12-2013, 03:01 PM
(31-12-2013 02:58 PM)Imdefender Wrote:  

Hmm maybe you're not a moron. Perhaps a communication issue. Try rewording your original post or maybe just putting it in your first language and let us translate for you. Sometimes a language barrier leads to confusion.
31-12-2013, 03:10 PM
(31-12-2013 01:27 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 01:14 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Keep it in your pants/ keep your legs crossed arguments work both ways or not at all.
That assumes all else is equal, but as I have repeatedly pointed out, it's not.

When it comes to consensual sex leading to an unwanted pregnancy, Slowminded is right on this point. There is no assuming all else is equal business going on here.

If either person says "no" then sex doesn't happen.

I won't argue that the consequences and rights are not shared equally after the fact, but the blame for making the baby falls equally on both.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
31-12-2013, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 04:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-12-2013 12:21 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 12:00 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  You are totally wrong there. Check out this case of a man who was lies to about a kid being his - this was proven by a paternity test! - was still forced to pay child support after he left, then was thrown in jail because he wasn't able to pay child support because he lost his job:

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/man-jai...-no/nQHyf/

Show me ONE SINGLE CASE of this happening to a woman!

Umm lmao. One single case where a man lied to a woman that the baby was hers? I think she'd probably notice that said baby did not grow in her uterus and pop out of her vagina.

What you're talking about does happen to men, in most states they have a limited time to ask for a paternity test. I think it's like 30 days. Could be a year, I don't really know.

Maternity is rarely in question so that's kinda apples and oranges. And it does differ state by state. In MD if the man has already started raising the kid as his own it don't matter if it's his or not, he's assumed the responsibility as far as the State is concerned. Kinda like when a Dentist threatened to sue me for a debt that could not be legally collected (balance-billing in MD is prohibited if you have an HMO). But if I just paid $10/month they wouldn't take me to court. Had I paid one dime of that debt I would have been admitting responsibility for all $3K of it. Guess who showed up in court and who didn't. Case dismissed.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-12-2013, 04:38 PM
(31-12-2013 03:10 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 01:27 PM)Impulse Wrote:  That assumes all else is equal, but as I have repeatedly pointed out, it's not.

When it comes to consensual sex leading to an unwanted pregnancy, Slowminded is right on this point. There is no assuming all else is equal business going on here.

If either person says "no" then sex doesn't happen.

I won't argue that the consequences and rights are not shared equally after the fact, but the blame for making the baby falls equally on both.
Yes, and I agreed with that in another post (referenced further up in the same post that you quoted this from). In fact, I don't think anyone here is claiming anything else. Of course, both parties are fully responsible for the pregnancy happening. Therefore, Slowminded's point is meaningless unless you bring in the rest of the topic - that is, who has what rights and responsibilities once a pregnancy has occurred. That's where all is not equal. And to say a man should be allowed to simply walk away because the abortion decision didn't go his way is just ludicrous. That puts the man above the baby - the innocent baby for which the man is just as responsible as the woman - and that's just wrong.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
31-12-2013, 09:10 PM
(31-12-2013 04:38 PM)Impulse Wrote:  And to say a man should be allowed to simply walk away because the abortion decision didn't go his way is just ludicrous. That puts the man above the baby - the innocent baby for which the man is just as responsible as the woman - and that's just wrong.

Let me help keep things honest once again...

And to say a woman should be allowed to simply abort the baby because *insert whatever reason except medical reasons* is just ludicrous. That puts the woman above the baby. The innocent baby...

You insist on having double standards. Unless you are pro life? Every point you make for child support is also a point for pro life option.

When the issue is child support then it's " innocent baby" , but when the issue is abortion then it's "her body, her life, her choice" then you forget about the "innocent baby".

If a woman is allowed to have an abortion, thus putting herself above the "innocent baby" , then a man should be allowed to walk away putting himself above the baby. No?

Also, take in consideration that an abortion means that the "innocent baby" simply doesn't get to be , but when man walks away, the child, depending on his mother's ability to provide or find another life partner can have a normal happy life, perhaps much better then if father didn't walk away.

You seem to assume that is impossible for a woman to provide only for herself and a child, when there are millions upon millions of cases where a man is the sole provider for himself, his wife and a child/children?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post