Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(02-01-2014 05:09 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 04:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Are you people deaf?

As soon as there is a pregnancy BOTH people have to be responsible for what happens. There are 5 choices - abortion, he raises the kid and she pays, she raises the kid and he pays, both share the raising of the kid and the cost, or the kid gets adopted.

If they find themselves in a situation where they cannot agree, it is both their fault.

Having sex creates babies. It's procreation. Just because you prefer looking at is as recreation doesn't change the world, it's still procreation. Babies will result, if not this time then the next time or the next.

So, if you want sex without raising babies, you better either have the conversation beforehand and make sure you both agree on a course of action.

The male can also have a simple, pain free operation, in addition to insisting she is on the pill or takes the morning after pill (keep these on hand) , in addition to a condom. Between the three, chances that there will be a pregnancy is remote.

You know the deal when you go into it, prepare yourself properly. You = the people having sex. Just act fucking responsibly (pun intended).

I have no sympathy for whining afterwards. They both CHOSE this.

I'm not deaf, I just find it hard to understand how your stance is fair for men.

We're not saying the parents shouldn't be responsible for their kids once they have them, but if woman can decide to not have a kid disregarding the will of the father, then why can't the father have some similar choice as to being responsible for a kid?

It seems women have a get out of jail card but men don't, men can't even demand women to take a morning after pill. If an accident happens then men are screwed and without any options unlike women. There lies the concern, is there a way to let men have a similar option?

All you do is complain about the aftermath.

To fix this for your own life, you need to look at your own actions (your= male and female) and fix the behavior that lets this shit happen.

Protect yourself. Humans are endowed with penises and vaginas in order to procreate, and emotions to follow so the offspring is taken care of. You cannot change that.

You can render yourself infertile. You can carry a morning after pill for her. You can wear a freaking condom. You can combine enough prevention methods to make a pregnancy damn near impossible.

Complaining about shit after you failed to protect yourself is - well - not smart.

And one person suffers most of all - the kid. Growing up in poverty or being indoctrinated - you want to be the cause of more of that in this world? Just freaking think ahead. We are not in the freaking middle ages here - there are plenty of options.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-01-2014, 05:36 PM
A short article showing the "equality" of men and women when it comes to paying child support: http://pjmedia.com/drhelen/2013/03/15/wo...iolations/

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
02-01-2014, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 06:24 PM by Adrianime.)
(02-01-2014 05:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  And one person suffers most of all - the kid. Growing up in poverty or being indoctrinated - you want to be the cause of more of that in this world? Just freaking think ahead. We are not in the freaking middle ages here - there are plenty of options.
If the kid is born, that is a choice the father did not make, that is a choice the mother made. I'm more worried about is the kid growing up with parents that didn't want it. Why the eff have a child if you don't want it? This world is plagued with human overpopulation and forcing a birth just because a pregnancy happened is irresponsible if you aren't prepared to raise that child appropriately with your own resources. It is one thing to have a baby, thinking you will be able to support it given your resources. But a whole other thing having a baby KNOWING you cannot support it with your own resources.

Like LostandInsecure said before, there has to be SOME responsibility for your choices. If you are choosing to keep the baby, then be prepared to take responsibility for it and use your resources to raise it. I don't think it is right to take your decision and make it another persons's responsibility, AGAINST THEIR WILL, to support it for 18 years or for the rest of their life.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Just don't have a baby in the first place. With the wide selection of preventative methods available today, it's easy to assemble an almost fool proof cocktail.

If you find yourself a parent without wishing to be one, the responsibility rests on your own shoulders. You know better than to do that.

The whole conversation about what happens once you are a parent is pointless.

Concentrate on not becoming one if you don't want to.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-01-2014, 06:34 PM
(02-01-2014 06:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  Just don't have a baby in the first place. With the wide selection of preventative methods available today, it's easy to assemble an almost fool proof cocktail.

If you find yourself a parent without wishing to be one, the responsibility rests on your own shoulders. You know better than to do that.

Not all the women I've slept with are mummy material IMO.

So what you are saying is sex is stricly for procreation huh? Fuck that!

Starting to sound like a catholic preist. Telling people to ignore their most basic biological imperitives. Tell me how successfull that bullshit is. I'm sure you can preach that to the Africans so they stop speading aids and causing famines due to overpopulation...

If one of the people I happened to bump into one time ended up pregnant I think it would be irresponsible to have a baby. Things like this should be planned and wanted by both parties.

We have the technology now. Its irresponsible IMO to follow through on a pregnancy resulting from a new relationship. If she decides anyway to follow through with that bullshit regardless then she should bear the burden. Fuck it. Like I said. I pay tax and there is welfare for those in more desperate circumstances. Despite that in a case like this she would be the one that put herself in this situation. Like you said.. sex can result in pregnancy and she has responsibilities too.

You dont just decide to spend 20years with someone raising a kid on a fucking whim. I'm not having my hand forced by anyone in this matter.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
02-01-2014, 06:43 PM
(02-01-2014 06:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  Just don't have a baby in the first place. With the wide selection of preventative methods available today, it's easy to assemble an almost fool proof cocktail.

You know I luv you Dom, but your line of argument requires this one:

[Image: 3mLydMU.png]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
02-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Should Child Support Be Abolished?
Yes. As soon as idiot irresponsible parents are abolished.
Okey dokey ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-01-2014, 06:51 PM
(02-01-2014 06:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Should Child Support Be Abolished?
Yes. As soon as idiot irresponsible parents are abolished.
Okey dokey ?
-_-
02-01-2014, 07:36 PM
(02-01-2014 06:34 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Not all the women I've slept with are mummy material IMO.

Starting to sound like a catholic preist. Telling people to ignore their most basic biological imperitives. Tell me how successfull that bullshit is. I'm sure you can preach that to the Africans so they stop speading aids and causing famines due to overpopulation...

If one of the people I happened to bump into one time ended up pregnant I think it would be irresponsible to have a baby. Things like this should be planned and wanted by both parties.

We have the technology now. Its irresponsible IMO to follow through on a pregnancy resulting from a new relationship. If she decides anyway to follow through with that bullshit regardless then she should bear the burden. Fuck it. Like I said. I pay tax and there is welfare for those in more desperate circumstances. Despite that in a case like this she would be the one that put herself in this situation. Like you said.. sex can result in pregnancy and she has responsibilities too.

You dont just decide to spend 20years with someone raising a kid on a fucking whim. I'm not having my hand forced by anyone in this matter.

Our society always blames any irresponsibility on the male. Anytime a pregnancy is the result of 2 people having sex with consent on both parties, then both have blame, but that's not the way our society treats it. Unwanted pregnancy is constantly portrayed as the result of a sex-hungry male taking advantage of some poor, helpless female who got coaxed into doing something that she didn't want to do. Feminist groups love any opportunity to portray the man as the bad guy, even when it is blatantly hypocritical to the views they espouse. They'll constantly shout the "Women are strong! Women deserve to be treated as equals!", but suddenly when situations like unwanted pregnancy occur it's "The big, strong male took advantage of the poor, helpless female" attitude they take, as though women are like a bunch of children, lacking the ability to recognize that they're being taken advantage of, and therefore should be considered the victim in any such situation.

Ever notice how on talk shows when you see some woman on there who doesn't know who the father of her kid is, the audience immediately takes pity on her and lashes out at the man who she is accusing of being the dad, even though most times it turns out he isn't the dad? It's always the man being irresponsible. There's no irresponsibility on the part of the woman, who doesn't even know who the father of her child is because she had unprotected sex with so many men in such a short period of time when the pregnancy happened, right?

If feminists truly are about equality, then how come not one feminist group has protested against men being forced to pay child support for kids that are not theirs, and especially being thrown in jail for not paying child support for kids that are not theirs? How come they aren't saying that it's bullshit that men are 8 times more likely to be thrown in jail for not paying child support and something needs to be done about it?

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
03-01-2014, 07:02 AM
(02-01-2014 06:34 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Not all the women I've slept with are mummy material IMO.

I said no such thing.

I said that biologically, sticking a penis in a vagina has a good chance of making a baby. It is the way nature has it. Sex makes babies.

Then I said that in this day and age there is no bloody reason to have a pregnancy result - use several precautions at the same time and the odds are very much in your favor.

I also said that having "the conversation" with your partner helps avoid any issues.

Then I listed the 5 options that result if she does get pregnant (which she won't if you take proper precautions. Just a condom is not a proper precaution).

Then I said if you act carelessly and cause a pregnancy, you are responsible for 50% of what happens next.

Don't put crap in my mouth. It tastes bad.