Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 07:13 AM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(03-01-2014 07:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  Sex makes babies.

[Image: 73211c25.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
03-01-2014, 07:37 AM
(03-01-2014 07:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  Then I said if you act carelessly and cause a pregnancy, you are responsible for 50% of what happens next.

Dom, are you intentionally turning a blind eye to what the issue here is?

Nobody is disputing that they are both 50% responsible for what happens next.

The problem is the following:

She has 100% control of what happens next.

He has 0% control of what happens next.

So, men are forced to take 50% of responsibility for something they have 0% control over , and women are granted 100% of control for something they are only 50% held responsible for.

Simply pointing out that this is not a fair arrangement.

What would be fair is to either grant men some control of the situation or to reduce his responsibility.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
03-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Re: RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(03-01-2014 07:37 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 07:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  Then I said if you act carelessly and cause a pregnancy, you are responsible for 50% of what happens next.

Dom, are you intentionally turning a blind eye to what the issue here is?

Nobody is disputing that they are both 50% responsible for what happens next.

The problem is the following:

She has 100% control of what happens next.

He has 0% control of what happens next.

So, men are forced to take 50% of responsibility for something they have 0% control over , and women are granted 100% of control for something they are only 50% held responsible for.

Simply pointing out that this is not a fair arrangement.

What would be fair is to either grant men some control of the situation or to reduce his responsibility.

Because she has 100% of the process of developing the fetus.

This thread has too much refusal to acknowledge there are mend parental rights lawyers all over fighting and winning men custody when they want it.

And if either party didn't want to have responsibility of a born child. They can legally absolve themselves of parental right to the child.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Actually, she has little control over what happens next.

While males are hormone driven to have the sex, and then nothing happens to them until they bond with a baby, women are hormone driven during all of pregnancy. Depending on genetics, these hormones can be super strong or very weak.

Since I don't believe in free will, I do believe that these hormones are totally responsible for the woman's decision. She doesn't have much of a say, either the motherly instincts kick in strong, weakly, or not at all. That is what the outcome depends on. Just as you can't tell whether a pregnancy will result when you have the sex, you can't tell whether the lady's hormonal system will cause her to have the baby or not.

We all would like to be in full control of all bodily events - unfortunately we are stuck with our bodies and they are programmed to do what they do.

While I am pro choice and personally would not have much of an issue with this, I completely understand that most other women are wired differently and would be extremely conflicted once the maternal hormones kick in. For some there is no choice at all. Either way, a forced abortion that goes against the hormonal household will leave life long scars for the woman. The man walks away unscathed except for possible moral regrets.

Be all of that as it may be, the minute the penis and vagina combine, both are responsible for having taken the intended precautions.

If you fail to do so, you don't get to walk away. Evolution has programmed how the situation develops from there.

I see no free will in the woman's decision.

The free will part stops when you decide to have unprotected or badly protected sex.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-01-2014, 10:16 AM
So women are too hormonal to assess their situation and make a logical decision about their pregnancy? Confused

And the sex can be pretty damn protected and a pregnancy can still result.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
03-01-2014, 10:20 AM
(03-01-2014 08:01 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Because she has 100% of the process of developing the fetus.
Yes, but the process of raising a child doesn't end when she delivers the baby.
Then his 18 years of child support comes into play.

Quote:This thread has too much refusal to acknowledge there are mend parental rights lawyers all over fighting and winning men custody when they want it.
Yeah, in fantasy land.

Quote:And if either party didn't want to have responsibility of a born child. They can legally absolve themselves of parental right to the child.
I believe that we are talking about the situation when one party wants the baby and the other one doesn't.

(03-01-2014 08:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  Actually, she has little control over what happens next.
Morning after pill? Not control?

Quote:While males are hormone driven to have the sex, and then nothing happens to them until they bond with a baby, women are hormone driven during all of pregnancy. Depending on genetics, these hormones can be super strong or very weak.

Since I don't believe in free will, I do believe that these hormones are totally responsible for the woman's decision. She doesn't have much of a say, either the motherly instincts kick in strong, weakly, or not at all. That is what the outcome depends on. Just as you can't tell whether a pregnancy will result when you have the sex, you can't tell whether the lady's hormonal system will cause her to have the baby or not.

We all would like to be in full control of all bodily events - unfortunately we are stuck with our bodies and they are programmed to do what they do.

While I am pro choice and personally would not have much of an issue with this, I completely understand that most other women are wired differently and would be extremely conflicted once the maternal hormones kick in. For some there is no choice at all. Either way, a forced abortion that goes against the hormonal household will leave life long scars for the woman. The man walks away unscathed except for possible moral regrets.

Be all of that as it may be, the minute the penis and vagina combine, both are responsible for having taken the intended precautions.

If you fail to do so, you don't get to walk away. Evolution has programmed how the situation develops from there.

I see no free will in the woman's decision.

The free will part stops when you decide to have unprotected or badly protected sex.

Oh, the hormones. I guess that settles it. There's no arguing with hormones.
Her maternal instincts are obviously far more important then his life.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
(03-01-2014 10:20 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Oh, the hormones. I guess that settles it. There's no arguing with hormones.
Her maternal instincts are obviously far more important then his life.

Improperly protected sex potentially ruins 3 lives.

Each of the involved people, including the baby if one results, has an equal opportunity at a ruined life.

And yes, there is no arguing with hormones. If there was, the sex likely would have never happened in the first place. Did you know that sex is hormone driven?

Just freaking take responsibility and use proper protection, and all of this is an unnecessary discussion.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-01-2014, 11:08 AM
So men shouldn't have any control of his life after an accident because hormones?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
03-01-2014, 11:21 AM
(03-01-2014 11:08 AM)nach_in Wrote:  So men shouldn't have any control of his life after an accident because hormones?

So the woman shouldn't have any control of her life after an accident because hormones?

So a child should not be granted a decent life because of an accident after hormones?

The maternal hormones are every bit as strong as the ones that control sex drive.

It's THE BODY.

It is not THE MIND.

03-01-2014, 11:24 AM
(03-01-2014 11:08 AM)nach_in Wrote:  So men shouldn't have any control of his life after an accident because hormones?

[Image: 10r7htt.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post