Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 01:23 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
As a complete aside, can you imagine the court disaster if we were - as a society - give men equal decision power over the fate of the pregnancy? One wants to abort, one doesn't. Both having equal say, you would need litigation to decide. Meanwhile, as the court process dragged out, their are clear time constraints here. All the while, the only one losing in this situation is the child, either by being denied financial support needed to survive, or the decision was made too late due to appeals, injunctions and whatnot.

Yikes! I had a friend who was in a situation like this. He was dating this girl. She wanted a baby. He didn't. She actually told him she was on the pill when in fact she wasn't. She got pregnant. So what did he do? His parents bought a house for him that he lives in, his brother bought the car he drives. He works jobs that deals mostly in cash, and he is able to hide the majority of it. I felt bad for him and for the kid, who wasn't responsible for any of this.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 01:30 PM
(03-01-2014 01:23 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  As a complete aside, can you imagine the court disaster if we were - as a society - give men equal decision power over the fate of the pregnancy? One wants to abort, one doesn't. Both having equal say, you would need litigation to decide. Meanwhile, as the court process dragged out, their are clear time constraints here. All the while, the only one losing in this situation is the child, either by being denied financial support needed to survive, or the decision was made too late due to appeals, injunctions and whatnot.

Yikes! I had a friend who was in a situation like this. He was dating this girl. She wanted a baby. He didn't. She actually told him she was on the pill when in fact she wasn't. She got pregnant. So what did he do? His parents bought a house for him that he lives in, his brother bought the car he drives. He works jobs that deals mostly in cash, and he is able to hide the majority of it. I felt bad for him and for the kid, who wasn't responsible for any of this.

I what is wrong with people like that? I hate them. Seriously, if you want a baby have a baby with someone who also wants a damn baby.
03-01-2014, 01:46 PM
(03-01-2014 01:30 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 01:23 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  As a complete aside, can you imagine the court disaster if we were - as a society - give men equal decision power over the fate of the pregnancy? One wants to abort, one doesn't. Both having equal say, you would need litigation to decide. Meanwhile, as the court process dragged out, their are clear time constraints here. All the while, the only one losing in this situation is the child, either by being denied financial support needed to survive, or the decision was made too late due to appeals, injunctions and whatnot.

I what is wrong with people like that? I hate them. Seriously, if you want a baby have a baby with someone who also wants a damn baby.

People like what? Him for hiding his assets or her for misleading him about her birth control?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-01-2014, 01:57 PM
(03-01-2014 01:46 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 01:30 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I what is wrong with people like that? I hate them. Seriously, if you want a baby have a baby with someone who also wants a damn baby.

People like what? Him for hiding his assets or her for misleading him about her birth control?

Her. Sorry, I thought that was implied by the last sentence. I should have said it clearer. I hate sneaky mischievous people who either get pregnant by lying to the man or get a woman pregnant by lying to her. My brother actually married his high school girlfriend. She told him that she couldn't get pregnant, then surprise it's a miracle I'm pregnant, then after marriage she admitted that she lied about being pregnant so that he would marry her, then a few weeks after she admitted that when he told her he decided he wanted a divorce because he couldn't forgive her for being dishonest she found out that now she was pregnant for real. Ugh. People like that. Being a sneaky liar is bad enough but when being a sneaky liar results in a baby being born into a crappy situation that makes you a horrible person.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
03-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Re: RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(03-01-2014 10:20 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 08:01 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Because she has 100% of the process of developing the fetus.
Yes, but the process of raising a child doesn't end when she delivers the baby.
Then his 18 years of child support comes into play.

Quote:This thread has too much refusal to acknowledge there are mend parental rights lawyers all over fighting and winning men custody when they want it.
Yeah, in fantasy land.

Quote:And if either party didn't want to have responsibility of a born child. They can legally absolve themselves of parental right to the child.
I believe that we are talking about the situation when one party wants the baby and the other one doesn't

That's what I'm talking about. Why are you ignoring that either or male or female who doesn't want the kid, when the other person does, can legally stop their parental rights and be absolved of paying child support?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-01-2014, 03:00 PM
[Image: Asset-00253_WI-Cheese-Train-Poster.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
03-01-2014, 03:13 PM
(03-01-2014 02:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's what I'm talking about. Why are you ignoring that either or male or female who doesn't want the kid, when the other person does, can legally stop their parental rights and be absolved of paying child support?
That's what we have been arguing for, I believe? Are you saying this already exists? So a man can already give up parental rights and no longer be responsible for the child? Without the consent of the woman?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
03-01-2014, 03:22 PM
(03-01-2014 02:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 10:20 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Yes, but the process of raising a child doesn't end when she delivers the baby.
Then his 18 years of child support comes into play.

Yeah, in fantasy land.

I believe that we are talking about the situation when one party wants the baby and the other one doesn't

That's what I'm talking about. Why are you ignoring that either or male or female who doesn't want the kid, when the other person does, can legally stop their parental rights and be absolved of paying child support?

We are not ignoring it. It's simply not true.
03-01-2014, 03:24 PM
(03-01-2014 03:22 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 02:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's what I'm talking about. Why are you ignoring that either or male or female who doesn't want the kid, when the other person does, can legally stop their parental rights and be absolved of paying child support?

We are not ignoring it. It's simply not true.

Damn it how did I get here again? Ugh they sucked me back in. Hurry someone we need more cheese!
03-01-2014, 03:41 PM
(03-01-2014 03:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Damn it how did I get here again? Ugh they sucked me back in. Hurry someone we need more cheese!

[Image: 1358019235-0.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post