Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 11:58 AM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
Frankly, I find far too little love in this thread for Langres, and other similar types!

[Image: Germain+Langres.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elcarch's post
06-01-2014, 12:34 PM
(03-01-2014 05:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 05:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Lol. Yes yes, I understand why you are posting pictures of the cheese trains. I was just wondering why there were so many cheese trains out there to begin with.

You are most correct. Why Are there cheese trains? Where are they going?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-01-2014, 12:35 PM
(06-01-2014 12:34 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 05:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Lol. Yes yes, I understand why you are posting pictures of the cheese trains. I was just wondering why there were so many cheese trains out there to begin with.

You are most correct. Why Are there cheese trains? Where are they going?

Indeed
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
17-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Keep it in your pants? That has got to be the most uneducated answer and most common for women. Ok how about..want divorce? No abuse , shouldn't of got married. The Thy is being responsible for your actions. How about forced abortion? Government can say don't want a child keep your legs closed. Sex is a natural and women are profiting off it
17-01-2015, 09:44 AM
(29-12-2013 06:23 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  Mandatory child support is unfair to men. Men only have one opportunity to get rid of the child --- the initial procreation. Women have a plethora of opportunities in comparison: contraception, morning-after pill, abortion, and then adoption. If the woman can't afford or didn't want the child, she should of taken advantage of these options. Of course, if the child is in poverty we should assist them, but they shouldn't be the responsibility of the father if he didn't want the child in the first place.

Agreed. Many men are tricked into getting a woman pregnant. It's very, very common, more common than most people would be comfortable admitting. But it's the truth. Given how many options women have in terms of contraception, if a "surprise" kid is born, it was no surprise. Too many men out there are paying for kids that they were tricked into producing (holes poked in condoms, turkey basters) and often the amount of child support that they end up paying is just some arbitrary figure plucked from thin air.

Best advice is : be discerning about who you stick it in, and use your own condoms always. And don't trust a chick that carries.
17-01-2015, 09:49 AM
(17-01-2015 09:28 AM)handman29 Wrote:  Keep it in your pants? That has got to be the most uneducated answer and most common for women. Ok how about..want divorce? No abuse , shouldn't of got married. The Thy is being responsible for your actions. How about forced abortion? Government can say don't want a child keep your legs closed. Sex is a natural and women are profiting off it

Profiting off child support? Sorry, we need a citation for that ugly, unsupported opinion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2015, 09:51 AM
(17-01-2015 09:44 AM)Tony Ribbins Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:23 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  Mandatory child support is unfair to men. Men only have one opportunity to get rid of the child --- the initial procreation. Women have a plethora of opportunities in comparison: contraception, morning-after pill, abortion, and then adoption. If the woman can't afford or didn't want the child, she should of taken advantage of these options. Of course, if the child is in poverty we should assist them, but they shouldn't be the responsibility of the father if he didn't want the child in the first place.

Agreed. Many men are tricked into getting a woman pregnant. It's very, very common, more common than most people would be comfortable admitting.

But it's the truth.

Citations are required for this Neanderthalic opinion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2015, 10:45 AM
You know what sucks even more than paying child support for your kid? Having a dad that doesn't give enough of a shit to help support you.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
17-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Wtf. Someone opened up this thread again? I must say that after having read back through the entire thread, I'm smarter than I sometimes think and I still completely agree with myself.

Before a child is born, both parties should have equal opportunity to opt out of becoming a parent.

Forcing people to be parents is a bad idea and only serves to hurt children. It's hard to even things out completely because some people can get pregnant (women) and some people cannot (men). People need to be smart enough to have these discussions before getting in bed together. Agree to prevent pregnancy and agree on what you will do if one occurs. If you're having random stranger sex birth control and condoms should be a given.

[Image: HU7wekj.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
17-01-2015, 11:56 AM
(17-01-2015 11:08 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Wtf. Someone opened up this thread again? I must say that after having read back through the entire thread, I'm smarter than I sometimes think and I still completely agree with myself.

Before a child is born, both parties should have equal opportunity to opt out of becoming a parent.

Forcing people to be parents is a bad idea and only serves to hurt children. It's hard to even things out completely because some people can get pregnant (women) and some people cannot (men). People need to be smart enough to have these discussions before getting in bed together. Agree to prevent pregnancy and agree on what you will do if one occurs. If you're having random stranger sex birth control and condoms should be a given.

You're right, forcing someone to become a parent is bad. But it happens.

Women are usually more keen to start having kids than men, which is not surprising given that they have the instinct to have them.

Men tend to consider the financials of having kids before wanting to have them, and they don't have the burden of emotions to juggle when making such considerations.

Therefore it is men who are far more likely to be careful than women, but that doesn't stop a lot of women from having a "ooooops" pregnancy, courtesy of a needle or a turkey baster. It's an easy decision to make when it's driven by instincts, not to mention that usually she won't have any financial burden. So much for oppression.

That's why men should always use their own condoms, and have morning after pills and pregnancy tests handy, and also be particularly careful with women approaching 30 (or over 30 and childless). There's something about that milestone that makes some women very keen indeed to find a sperm donor at any cost (well, no cost to her, of course). I think they call it baby rabies, which is apt. It might also be prudent to keep a diary of "interactions" in the event that memories need jogging.