Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
No one even mentions the child who will end up in the middle of the mess. They didn't chose it. Help the child no matter what the circumstance. They are the one to be concerned with. So no, child support should not be abolished.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Whimsymum's post
17-01-2015, 02:50 PM
(17-01-2015 02:40 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I am always amused when I find people who act as if a condom is a highly sufisticated, complex, complicated and hard to understand construct that needs expert handling.

Right?

"Ehhhhh I don't wanna use them though cause it ruins the feeling. So I'll just not use it instead and rely on someone I barely know to tell me they're on the pill, even though I don't actually know if they are or how good they are at remembering it. It's fine."

If common sense were actually common, everyone would have it. This is also a large reason I don't sleep around, since there's a lot of people who purposely try and get knocked up. Which terrifies me....

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
17-01-2015, 03:04 PM
(17-01-2015 02:49 PM)Whimsymum Wrote:  No one even mentions the child who will end up in the middle of the mess. They didn't chose it. Help the child no matter what the circumstance. They are the one to be concerned with. So no, child support should not be abolished.

That's because almost the entire thread is concerning cases of accidental pregnancy before the abortion deadline. I haven't seen anyone (except perhaps that one stupid guy but I'd have to read through again) say that child support for children already born should be abolished.

I think a man should have up to the 16th week of pregnancy to decide to "opt out" of becoming a parent. The woman then has up to usually at least the 20th week to opt out by having an abortion, or choose to carry to term and give the baby up for adoption, or carry to term and raise the baby on her own. If the man opts out at 15 weeks, she has time to make her own choices. It seems fair to me. I can't see it happening in my lifetime though. I still think if you can't support a child or don't wish to be a parent you should abort. It's the smartest and most moral decision in my opinion.

Then obviously in cases of divorce the non custodial parent should pay child support. Even better though, they should be there for actually supporting their kid and helping to raise them.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
17-01-2015, 03:11 PM
(17-01-2015 02:28 PM)Tony Ribbins Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 01:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Yes, I agree with you completely. I, as a woman, am far too emotional to make responsible decisions. Luckily, for myself and all women, there are men in this world to sprinkle crushed up birth control on my dinners and sneak on a condom when I'm too blinded by musings of cuddly little income suckers to notice. Thank you for this brilliant post. I look up to you now.

I heard about a guy who made pancakes for some chick and put in a crushed up morning after pill. Dodged a bullet.

That is what a real man does. Making responsible decisions for women is a pesky but important role for men, because we women are so damned emotional. I wish I could find a man who would love me enough to make my choices for me without my knowledge or consent. Oh excuse me, I'm off to gush over tiny baby shoes and plot my next stolen sperm turkey baster baby. Oh god I pray there's a man to stop me when the time comes. I'm too emotional to deal with the fact that I can't afford a baby. *runs from thread weeping*

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
17-01-2015, 03:24 PM
A turkey baster could always be used to shoot a birth control pill down a woman's throat.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-01-2015, 03:36 PM
(17-01-2015 03:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A turkey baster could always be used to shoot a birth control pill down a woman's throat.

I must have missed the joke somewhere.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
17-01-2015, 03:53 PM
(17-01-2015 02:33 PM)Logisch Wrote:  If a woman gets knocked up because the couple decided to have sex, and decide to keep the kid, someone needs to make sure the baby is taken care of. Namely both parties. So yeah, child support should remain as is as far as I'm concerned. It's fucked up for someone to sleep with someone, knock them up and then leave them, toss their hands up in the air and go, "Well ya know I mean it's unfair for me to have responsibility for my actions, so don't you dare come after me." as if somehow they had nothing to do with it.

Don't want kids? Don't fuck around (literally). Get a vasectomy if they're a big deal and you don't want them. Want to be a responsible couple? Use birth control and condoms. It's not fucking rocket science. Better yet, keep it in your pants if you're concerned there is even a tiny chance it could happen. Sex is great, and who doesn't love it? But there are potential consequences for your actions.

Precisely!
17-01-2015, 03:55 PM
(17-01-2015 03:11 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 02:28 PM)Tony Ribbins Wrote:  I heard about a guy who made pancakes for some chick and put in a crushed up morning after pill. Dodged a bullet.

That is what a real man does. Making responsible decisions for women is a pesky but important role for men, because we women are so damned emotional. I wish I could find a man who would love me enough to make my choices for me without my knowledge or consent. Oh excuse me, I'm off to gush over tiny baby shoes and plot my next stolen sperm turkey baster baby. Oh god I pray there's a man to stop me when the time comes. I'm too emotional to deal with the fact that I can't afford a baby. *runs from thread weeping*

My sperm, my choice. By the way why don't you act like an adult and make your points directly instead of being sarcastic. I've noticed that it's always those who always make their points sarcastically who don't have a leg to stand on. What's the matter, afraid your points will be debunked? Say what you mean and don't be such a pussy.
17-01-2015, 04:14 PM
(17-01-2015 03:36 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 03:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A turkey baster could always be used to shoot a birth control pill down a woman's throat.

I must have missed the joke somewhere.

T-Rib thinks that women sneakily impregnate themselves with turkey basters to trap innocent men into paying child support.

Wander around his posts, you'll find it mentioned a couple times.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-01-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm calling Poe on this guy. Nobody could be this ignorant without intent.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post