Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(29-12-2013 06:53 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:46 PM)Crulax Wrote:  It's her body that is undergoing a medical procedure not his it should be her choice. How about this then if as a man you don't want to pay for the possible outcomes of sexual intercourse you get yourself a vasectomy done and done.

I am not arguing that abortion shouldn't be her choice. I am pro choice.

Just pointing out that women have a choice after the fact , and men don't
And it is definitely not fair.

Life isn't always fair.

Men should be able to carry babies too. Then it can be an equal decision! Whos up to try Junior?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-12-2013, 06:57 PM
(29-12-2013 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If you have sex, even if you use birth control, even surgical sterilization, there is a chance of pregnancy. When you decide to have sex you take the chance of it resulting in pregnancy.

If you aren't willing to deal with the possibility, don't take the risk.

Again why are these arguments ok to use here yet not for abortion?

Cripes Rev, I don't advocate abortion as a method of birth control. People (men and women) should be responsible up front. I do think abortion should be the choice of the woman. After all, it's her body being put through a medical procedure and her mind that will have to deal with the decision forever.

It's really simple, if you don't want a child, don't have sex. It's that simple. If you are okay with the possibility that precautions might not work and you accept that, then go for it.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-12-2013, 06:58 PM
(29-12-2013 06:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:49 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Nor do condoms.

Condoms are a form of birth control.

I meant strictly for men.
If a guy has sex with a woman and the condom fails, he is then forced to pay child support for 20 years against his will, because she made a decision he had no part in making.

How can you consider this fair?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
29-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I love how the op started this thread under the assumption that only men pay child support.

Anyway, no, child support shouldn't be abolished. I'm more comfortable with the people who made the child supporting it rather than my tax dollars. Or *less* of my tax dollars, usually.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 9 users Like Cephalotus's post
29-12-2013, 07:00 PM
(29-12-2013 06:58 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Condoms are a form of birth control.

I meant strictly for men.
If a guy has sex with a woman and the condom fails, he is then forced to pay child support for 20 years against his will, because she made a decision he had no part in making.

How can you consider this fair?

How did she decide the condom would fail?

29-12-2013, 07:01 PM
(29-12-2013 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If you have sex, even if you use birth control, even surgical sterilization, there is a chance of pregnancy. When you decide to have sex you take the chance of it resulting in pregnancy.

If you aren't willing to deal with the possibility, don't take the risk.

Again why are these arguments ok to use here yet not for abortion?

Let me get this straight you're asking a women to undergo a medical procedure that has the possibility for complications and cause life long emotional trauma and if they say no deal you want no part of the outcome!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 4 users Like Crulax's post
29-12-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm out...this will just piss me the fuck off.

Boca must have gotten a child support order for Christmas and now regrets the sex he had.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Child support is the only reason I lived to be 18 + could afford to go to the doctors whenever I got sick. So fuck you.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
29-12-2013, 07:04 PM
(29-12-2013 06:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Again why are these arguments ok to use here yet not for abortion?

Cripes Rev, I don't advocate abortion as a method of birth control. People (men and women) should be responsible up front. I do think abortion should be the choice of the woman. After all, it's her body being put through a medical procedure and her mind that will have to deal with the decision forever.

It's really simple, if you don't want a child, don't have sex. It's that simple. If you are okay with the possibility that precautions might not work and you accept that, then go for it.

Not trying to jump on you I just think this is an interesting thought experiment. I could argue either side but it seemed like it was going to be very one-sided when I first looked at the thread.

I think there is no way to make this fair, really. Unless there would be a legal way for a father to legal sign away all rights and responsibilities. No contact nothing, but even that is an imperfect solution.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-12-2013, 07:05 PM
(29-12-2013 06:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Cripes Rev, I don't advocate abortion as a method of birth control. People (men and women) should be responsible up front. I do think abortion should be the choice of the woman. After all, it's her body being put through a medical procedure and her mind that will have to deal with the decision forever.

Dodgy
I think that fundie who shot an abortion doctor in front of the clinic had that printed on his t-shirt

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post