Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(29-12-2013 07:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'm out...this will just piss me the fuck off.

Boca must have gotten a child support order for Christmas and now regrets the sex he had.

I'm actually a 16 year old homosexual, so this issue will (most likely) never effect me. I'm just concerned about many issues, even those that don't apply to me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bocaj910's post
29-12-2013, 07:11 PM
(29-12-2013 07:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:58 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I meant strictly for men.
If a guy has sex with a woman and the condom fails, he is then forced to pay child support for 20 years against his will, because she made a decision he had no part in making.

How can you consider this fair?

How did she decide the condom would fail?

Decision of keeping the child, not condom failing.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
29-12-2013, 07:17 PM
(29-12-2013 06:23 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  Mandatory child support is unfair to men. Men only have one opportunity to get rid of the child --- the initial procreation. Women have a plethora of opportunities in comparison: contraception, morning-after pill, abortion, and then adoption. If the woman can't afford or didn't want the child, she should of taken advantage of these options. Of course, if the child is in poverty we should assist them, but they shouldn't be the responsibility of the father if he didn't want the child in the first place.

Do you assume here that the man pays the woman and that the woman
raises the child?

Dumb thread anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
29-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Abortion is something that both parties should agree on it should not be forced upon someone just because one party does not want to deal with the responsibility of a child.

The way it should be!

Both parties agree on abortion!
Done and done!

Party A wants abortion while Party B does not!
Party B keeps custody of child with Party A paying child support and visitation rights if they wish and vice versa!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
29-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Ok so here is my opinion. As long as the pregnancy is not a result of rape or incest, a man should have until 24 weeks (or whatever is the abortion limit the woman is held to) to file with the court that he chooses to "abort" the baby. If the baby is not actually aborted he has absolutely no claim to the child and is allowed no contact, nor is he expected to pay child support. Once the limit is past there is no going back if she keeps the baby he pays child support unless he can legally prove that she didn't tell him about the pregnancy until it was too late.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
[+] 11 users Like Losty's post
29-12-2013, 07:21 PM
(29-12-2013 07:19 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Abortion is something that both parties should agree on it should not be forced upon someone just because one party does not want to deal with the responsibility of a child.

The way it should be!

Done and done!

Party B keeps custody of child with Party A paying child support and visitation rights if they wish and vice versa!

So if the man wants to have a child, the woman doesn't, she has no choice but to go through the physical labor of it?
Seems fair

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Question's post
29-12-2013, 07:23 PM
(29-12-2013 07:21 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:19 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Abortion is something that both parties should agree on it should not be forced upon someone just because one party does not want to deal with the responsibility of a child.

The way it should be!

Done and done!

So if the man wants to have a child, the woman doesn't, she has no choice but to go through the physical labor of it?
Seems fair
So long as he is capable if carrying the baby in his uterus then sure. Oh he doesn't have a uterus? Well then I guess not.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
29-12-2013, 07:24 PM
This is just a personal opinion, and nothing more.

But if I fell pregnant and the man was such a jackass that he would bitch about child support and (apparently) from this thread try to force me to get an abortion. I probably would just skip the child support and not allow access to the child. If the man wants nothing to do with the child so be it. ( I wouldnt want that influence in my childs life anyway)
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-12-2013, 07:24 PM
(29-12-2013 07:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:21 PM)Question Wrote:  So if the man wants to have a child, the woman doesn't, she has no choice but to go through the physical labor of it?
Seems fair
So long as he is capable if carrying the baby in his uterus then sure. Oh he doesn't have a uterus? Well then I guess not.

The way I see it, it isn't his body. He can talk to her, but if she doesn't want to go through with it he has no right to halt the process just because he doesn't like it.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Question's post
29-12-2013, 07:27 PM
(29-12-2013 07:21 PM)Question Wrote:  

The way it should be!

Done and done!

Seems fair

As long a giving birth would not put the mother in harm than yes. I am not saying that it happens a lot but I am sure there are some men that if they would have been given the option they would have rather raised the child then it been aborted.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]