Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(29-12-2013 07:24 PM)Question Wrote:  if she doesn't want to go through with it he has no right to halt the process just because he doesn't like it.

If she wants to keep it, while he does not, she has no right to force him to pay child support. She could have gotten rid of the parasite, because it was her choice to do thus, and the same choice of not wanting anything to do with the thing after it is born should rightfully be his choice.

If you disagree with that, you fail at logic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
29-12-2013, 07:29 PM
(29-12-2013 07:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  This is just a personal opinion, and nothing more.

But if I fell pregnant and the man was such a jackass that he would bitch about child support and (apparently) from this thread try to force me to get an abortion. I probably would just skip the child support and not allow access to the child. If the man wants nothing to do with the child so be it. ( I wouldnt want that influence in my childs life anyway)

I'm not arguing for the man's mandatory consent to the abortion, or for the woman to have the abortion if he wants it done but not her. However, if the man doesn't want the child, he shouldn't have to pay for it.
29-12-2013, 07:31 PM
This is really a simple matter.

Two people of opposite sexes , who are, we gonna assume equally (held ) responsible for their actions , have unprotected sex.

Her choices:
1. morning after pill
2. abortion
3. carrying the child to term and then giving it up for adoption
4. keeping the baby

His choices:
None

If he want's to have a baby but she doesn't...sorry bro, you don't get to be a daddy.

If he doesn't want to keep the baby but she does...sorry bro, next 20 years of your life you will pay unreasonable amounts of money to support a child you didn't want.

Obviously some consider this arrangement to be fair.
I beg to differ.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 8 users Like Slowminded's post
29-12-2013, 07:33 PM
(29-12-2013 07:29 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  This is just a personal opinion, and nothing more.

But if I fell pregnant and the man was such a jackass that he would bitch about child support and (apparently) from this thread try to force me to get an abortion. I probably would just skip the child support and not allow access to the child. If the man wants nothing to do with the child so be it. ( I wouldnt want that influence in my childs life anyway)

I'm not arguing for the man's mandatory consent to the abortion, or for the woman to have the abortion if he wants it done but not her. However, if the man doesn't want the child, he shouldn't have to pay for it.

Alright guys lets go fuck every lose legged slut out there and to hell with the consequences!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
29-12-2013, 07:33 PM
(29-12-2013 07:27 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:21 PM)Question Wrote:  So if the man wants to have a child, the woman doesn't, she has no choice but to go through the physical labor of it?
Seems fair

As long a giving birth would not put the mother in harm than yes. I am not saying that it happens a lot but I am sure there are some men that if they would have been given the option they would have rather raised the child then it been aborted.

Define harm? Stretch marks? Vaginal tearing? Emotional harm? Gestational diabetes? Weight gain? Muscle displacement? Migraines? Hormonal imbalance? Sorry, but if he can't carry the baby then he doesn't get to make the final decision. He can try to convince her but he has no right to force her to loan out her body to carry a baby she doesn't want. These are things that people should probably discuss before having sex, because no one has the right to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy even if the would-be baby would be half theirs.
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
29-12-2013, 07:35 PM
(29-12-2013 07:20 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Ok so here is my opinion. As long as the pregnancy is not a result of rape or incest, a man should have until 24 weeks (or whatever is the abortion limit the woman is held to) to file with the court that he chooses to "abort" the baby. If the baby is not actually aborted he has absolutely no claim to the child and is allowed no contact, nor is he expected to pay child support. Once the limit is past there is no going back if she keeps the baby he pays child support unless he can legally prove that she didn't tell him about the pregnancy until it was too late.

Exactly

[Image: 35bbfkj.gif]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
29-12-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 07:41 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(29-12-2013 07:28 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:24 PM)Question Wrote:  if she doesn't want to go through with it he has no right to halt the process just because he doesn't like it.

If she wants to keep it, while he does not, she has no right to force him to pay child support. She could have gotten rid of the parasite, because it was her choice to do thus, and the same choice of not wanting anything to do with the thing after it is born should rightfully be his choice.

If you disagree with that, you fail at logic.

in my country... the court give you no other option.

the dead beat dad either pays or the dead beat dad losses even their right to drive (take license away) and if they persist... they will loose their freedom until they comply.

child support should not be done away with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadbeat_parent

the Fox says... you are responsible for your flower!

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
29-12-2013, 07:36 PM
(29-12-2013 07:33 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:29 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  I'm not arguing for the man's mandatory consent to the abortion, or for the woman to have the abortion if he wants it done but not her. However, if the man doesn't want the child, he shouldn't have to pay for it.

Alright guys lets go fuck every lose legged slut out there and to hell with the consequences!

Barring rape, the woman consented. She should live with the consequences herself if she chose to keep the child.
[+] 1 user Likes Bocaj910's post
29-12-2013, 07:38 PM
(29-12-2013 07:36 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:33 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Alright guys lets go fuck every lose legged slut out there and to hell with the consequences!

Barring rape, the woman consented. She should live with the consequences herself if she chose to keep the child.

What if the father is her husband?
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
29-12-2013, 07:40 PM
(29-12-2013 06:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't want to pay support? Keep it in your pants.

How is that a fair argument here but not in abortion?

Yea! Angry

My argument against abortion was that women should keep it in their pants if they don't want to get pregnant and you (and others) responded that I was making "anti-sex" marks and "punishing women for wanting to have sex" and that I was being "sexist" and that "it's the womens right to have casual sex if she wants".

Hypocritical much?
I knew you women were being sexist/feminist (same thing) in that thread.
I think this illustrates it more.

It's perfectly acceptable for a women to have casual sex but as soon as the issue is raised about men, it's "keep it in your pants".

As Rev as pointed out, your argument can used for anti-abortion.
But you wont accept it for women which is sexist.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post