Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(29-12-2013 07:20 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Ok so here is my opinion. As long as the pregnancy is not a result of rape or incest, a man should have until 24 weeks (or whatever is the abortion limit the woman is held to) to file with the court that he chooses to "abort" the baby. If the baby is not actually aborted he has absolutely no claim to the child and is allowed no contact, nor is he expected to pay child support. Once the limit is past there is no going back if she keeps the baby he pays child support unless he can legally prove that she didn't tell him about the pregnancy until it was too late.

I can agree to this!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
29-12-2013, 07:41 PM
(29-12-2013 07:38 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:36 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  Barring rape, the woman consented. She should live with the consequences herself if she chose to keep the child.

What if the father is her husband?

Then he should pay for the child, in most circumstances.
[+] 1 user Likes Bocaj910's post
(29-12-2013 07:36 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  the dead beat dad either pays or the dead beat dad losses even their right to drive (take license away) and if they persist... they will loose their freedom until they comply.

If the dead beat woman has the right to choose to abort, then the man should have the right to choose to not pay child support. See how that works.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
(29-12-2013 07:33 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Alright guys lets go fuck every lose legged slut out there and to hell with the consequences!

Keep piling red herrings and strawmans , one of them is bound to work.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
29-12-2013, 07:43 PM
(29-12-2013 07:28 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:24 PM)Question Wrote:  if she doesn't want to go through with it he has no right to halt the process just because he doesn't like it.

If she wants to keep it, while he does not, she has no right to force him to pay child support. She could have gotten rid of the parasite, because it was her choice to do thus, and the same choice of not wanting anything to do with the thing after it is born should rightfully be his choice.

If you disagree with that, you fail at logic.
Unfortunately it isn't a two way street, until he can hold and procure a uterus, physically forcing her to have or withhold the child is a greater concern.
If men were the ones to birth offspring, it'd be the same. The woman could not force or withhold the process from him. If the two parties cannot find a common ground and agreement, I'm sorry but the one that'd be at risk to die from birthing and /who's body is at stake should have the final say.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 5 users Like Question's post
29-12-2013, 07:47 PM
(29-12-2013 07:41 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:33 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Alright guys lets go fuck every lose legged slut out there and to hell with the consequences!

Keep piling red herrings and strawmans , one of the is bound to work.

I'm sorry maybe I'm just a man that would stand up and take responsibility for his actions in the matter!

29-12-2013, 07:49 PM
(29-12-2013 07:43 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:28 PM)Foxen Wrote:  If she wants to keep it, while he does not, she has no right to force him to pay child support. She could have gotten rid of the parasite, because it was her choice to do thus, and the same choice of not wanting anything to do with the thing after it is born should rightfully be his choice.

If you disagree with that, you fail at logic.
Unfortunately it isn't a two way street, until he can hold and procure a uterus, physically forcing her to have or withhold the child is a greater concern.
If men were the ones to birth offspring, it'd be the same. The woman could not force or withhold the process from him. If the two parties cannot find a common ground and agreement, I'm sorry but the one that'd be at risk to die from birthing and /who's body is at stake should have the final say.
If you didn't notice, this is not pro choice/ pro life debate.
This is about child support.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
29-12-2013, 07:49 PM
(29-12-2013 07:47 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:41 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Keep piling red herrings and strawmans , one of the is bound to work.

I'm sorry maybe I'm just a man that would stand up and take responsibility for his actions in the matter!

I swear this thread has become a satire of anti-choice people.
[+] 2 users Like Bocaj910's post
29-12-2013, 07:50 PM
(29-12-2013 07:49 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:47 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I'm sorry maybe I'm just a man that would stand up and take responsibility for his actions in the matter!

I swear this thread has become a satire of anti-choice people.

I'm not anti-choice!

29-12-2013, 07:51 PM
(29-12-2013 07:47 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I'm sorry maybe I'm just a man that would stand up and take responsibility for his actions in the matter!

That is quite noble.

However, if a woman can shirk her responsibility by aborting, then so should the man have be able to shirk his responsbility by wanting nothing to do with the child and not being held accountable for child suppport.
[+] 6 users Like Foxen's post