Should Child Support Be Abolished?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: Should Child Support Be Abolished?
(29-12-2013 07:49 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:43 PM)Question Wrote:  Unfortunately it isn't a two way street, until he can hold and procure a uterus, physically forcing her to have or withhold the child is a greater concern.
If men were the ones to birth offspring, it'd be the same. The woman could not force or withhold the process from him. If the two parties cannot find a common ground and agreement, I'm sorry but the one that'd be at risk to die from birthing and /who's body is at stake should have the final say.
If you didn't notice, this is not pro choice/ pro life debate.
This is about child support.

Don't want to be rude, but I dunno if you've noticed, the last few pages have been about abortion. A mod will probably split this thread, but until then the debate goes on.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2013, 07:53 PM
(29-12-2013 07:50 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:49 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  I swear this thread has become a satire of anti-choice people.

I'm not anti-choice!

I'm sure, but a lot of the arguments I'm reading are nearly identical to anti-choice arguments.
[+] 2 users Like Bocaj910's post
29-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Child support definitely should not be abolished. We have to take so many things into account. People who already have children and then get divorced for whatever reason. The non-custodial parent would pay child support. What about men who WANT the child but don't want to be with the mother? What about women who sign over custody to the father? In all of these cases someone should be paying child support.
You cannot tell a parent who already has children that the father/mother will not pay child support and if he/she cannot afford the kids they should be put up for adoption.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
(29-12-2013 07:51 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:49 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  If you didn't notice, this is not pro choice/ pro life debate.

Don't want to be rude, but I dunno if you've noticed, the last few pages have been about abortion. A mod will probably split this thread, but until then the debate goes on.

It's not terribly off-topic, since we're basically debating a figurative abortion for fathers who don't want to pay child support.
[+] 1 user Likes Bocaj910's post
How about people have sex with those they believe are of responsible, trustworthy stock. I'm one of those weirdos that has sex with a person only after I have discussed this topic with them.

Also, there are other options than just child support. Some parents work out splitting medical premiums, clothing costs, school supply costs... maybe they don't want to parent but could still find ways to be nice and helpful to the person doing the parenting and raising their genetic experiment.
(29-12-2013 07:51 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:47 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I'm sorry maybe I'm just a man that would stand up and take responsibility for his actions in the matter!

That is quite noble.

However, if a woman can shirk her responsibility by aborting, then so should the man have be able to shirk his responsbility by wanting nothing to do with the child and not being held accountable for child suppport.

As you can see I am fine with that!

(29-12-2013 07:40 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:20 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Ok so here is my opinion. As long as the pregnancy is not a result of rape or incest, a man should have until 24 weeks (or whatever is the abortion limit the woman is held to) to file with the court that he chooses to "abort" the baby. If the baby is not actually aborted he has absolutely no claim to the child and is allowed no contact, nor is he expected to pay child support. Once the limit is past there is no going back if she keeps the baby he pays child support unless he can legally prove that she didn't tell him about the pregnancy until it was too late.

I can agree to this!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
29-12-2013, 07:57 PM
(29-12-2013 07:50 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:49 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  I swear this thread has become a satire of anti-choice people.

I'm not anti-choice!

You are, but only for men.

(29-12-2013 07:51 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:49 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  If you didn't notice, this is not pro choice/ pro life debate.

Because you, among few others, red herringed it that way. Op isn't about that.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
29-12-2013, 08:00 PM
(29-12-2013 07:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Because you, among few others, red herringed it that way. Op isn't about that.

(29-12-2013 06:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't want to pay support? Keep it in your pants.

How is that a fair argument here but not in abortion?
(29-12-2013 06:36 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:32 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Can I take my vote for dumbest thread of the year award back?

It's amazing how someone managed to beat "Atheists, since you are not afraid of god, what is your view point on cannibalism?" - by Khalid Al Eisa.

I fail to see the idiocy of this. Of course some men paying child support are scumbags, but isn't the discrepancy between men and women's choices unfair? If the woman cannot afford the baby, she shouldn't have kept it. It'd be reasonable to make exceptions for scumbags that leave their wives well into their pregnancy.
(29-12-2013 06:37 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I agree. As women have the right ( as they should ) to chose if they want to keep the child or have an abortion , man should not be obligated to have their lives influenced by a decision they had no part in making.

I concur.

(29-12-2013 06:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I agree. As women have the right ( as they should ) to chose if they want to keep the child or have an abortion , man should not be obligated to have their lives influenced by a decision they had no part in making.

If he screwed her, he did make a decision that was crucial to the outcome.
(29-12-2013 06:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 06:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If you have sex you take the chance of pregnancy.

Women and men both have the option of not taking that chance.

Men apparently know that their risk is different from that of a woman. If you don't want a baby with a particular woman, don't fuck her.

But...but...when a woman comes for abortion, would it be fair to say the same thing to her?
"Why are you having an abortion , if you didn't want a child , you shouldn't have fucked that guy"

I think we're good on how the topic got started, but thanks for the history lesson. If you don't like it, you can just ask a mod to split the thread. It's not that big of a deal.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
29-12-2013, 08:04 PM
(29-12-2013 08:00 PM)Question Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Because you, among few others, red herringed it that way. Op isn't about that.

(29-12-2013 06:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  How is that a fair argument here but not in abortion?
(29-12-2013 06:36 PM)Bocaj910 Wrote:  I fail to see the idiocy of this. Of course some men paying child support are scumbags, but isn't the discrepancy between men and women's choices unfair? If the woman cannot afford the baby, she shouldn't have kept it. It'd be reasonable to make exceptions for scumbags that leave their wives well into their pregnancy.
(29-12-2013 06:37 PM)Foxen Wrote:  I concur.

(29-12-2013 06:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If he screwed her, he did make a decision that was crucial to the outcome.
(29-12-2013 06:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  But...but...when a woman comes for abortion, would it be fair to say the same thing to her?
"Why are you having an abortion , if you didn't want a child , you shouldn't have fucked that guy"

I think we're good on how the topic got started, but thanks for the history lesson. If you don't like it, you can just ask a mod to split the thread. It's not that big of a deal.
None of the posts you copied is about pro choice or pro life, all of them are about double standards applied.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
29-12-2013, 08:06 PM
(29-12-2013 08:04 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 08:00 PM)Question Wrote:  I think we're good on how the topic got started, but thanks for the history lesson. If you don't like it, you can just ask a mod to split the thread. It's not that big of a deal.
None of the posts you copied is about pro choice or pro life, all of them are about double standards applied.

Abortion pertains to pro life or pro choice, regardless. They're related for a reason.

[+] 1 user Likes Question's post