Should Governments rescind the noble lie of religions?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 11:22 PM
RE: Should Governments rescind the noble lie of religions?
(27-09-2012 06:04 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 11:30 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Simple answer: No.

That's a slippery slope. Give the government the ability to abrogate our right to religion, and the next thing they'll want is our right to freedom of speech, or our right to bear arms, or our right to a fair trial with a jury of our peers.

Getting government involved won't work.

Besides, then you'll just create "underground" religions where the faithful will congregate in secret. Then what? Arrest them? Arrest everyone who wants to perpetuate their delusions?

Now, if all you're suggesting is to tax religions like every other business, then I say go for it. I'd vote for that. I think our government needs all the tax dollars it can get so they can misspend, overspend, and and throw away more of our money - but that's a discussion for a different thread. Religions, in my opinion, are just businesses and should be taxed like any other business.

Rescinding the Noble Lie is not outlawing religion.

It is just the government admitting that they do not criticize religions and their delusional thinking because it is a good tool for babysitting adults and basically keep them as bright as bricks.

You have talked to believers. You should know what I mean.

I agree with your last.

Our government admit that religion is and has always been a tool for control? No way. Just as they put a new law through protecting phone companies from law suits because they violated privacy, after they had already violated privacy. Or they give google a free pass on everything, because google is such a great tool for telling the government everything that everyone does. I can't even get to my bank account secure page without the browser going to first. Oh wait, I have peer block now. It was the case 2 months ago though, that google was watching everything I did online. So no, the government is not going to sacrifice any of the tools it currently has without a fight.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply