Should Hillary Keep Running If Indicted? Half The Country Thinks So

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: Should Hillary Keep Running If Indicted? Half The Country Thinks So
Honestly this Email thing to me has always seemed less about finding the truth and more about sabotaging Hillary Clinton. Whether or not her negligence causes indictment doesn't strongly affect my opinion of her.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2016, 12:12 PM
(02-06-2016 02:00 AM)Ace Wrote:  A new poll found that about half of the country believes Hillary Clinton should continue her campaign even if she is indicted. Are we longing for a criminal Commander in Chief?

Wouldn't be the first. In fact, we're kind of used to it by now.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-06-2016, 01:24 PM
(02-06-2016 10:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 08:10 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If it's the latter, what is the crime?
The crime is violating the Federal Records Act, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Espionage Act and 18 U.S. Code ยง 1924.

Once upon a time, I had a Top Secret security clearance -- and I did have to take a class or two about classified information handling.....

Unless things have changed a lot since I was in the service ----

You can only be charged for SENDING classified information over a non-secure circuit. If you RECEIVE classified info over an unsecure circuit - you're not at fault -- UNLESS you fail to notify the chain of command's security people.......

I didn't hear Hillary screaming about someone SENDING her anything improperly --- so if there IS classified info on her email account - and it's not an approved circuit for that classification ----

She's toast.

(or should be)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-06-2016, 01:59 PM
(02-06-2016 08:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She's not going to be "indicted". Read the Inspector's report.
Facepalm

Trump on the other hand, is already being tried for his Trump University fraud.

That is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal case. Apples and oranges.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2016, 02:28 PM
(02-06-2016 05:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  If you needed any more proof that the American public is a special kind of stupid, there you go.

I think everyone is putting the cart before the horse here.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
02-06-2016, 02:31 PM
(02-06-2016 02:28 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 05:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  If you needed any more proof that the American public is a special kind of stupid, there you go.

I think everyone is putting the cart before the horse here.

All that's left is the cart. The horse was beaten to death long ago.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
02-06-2016, 06:29 PM
(02-06-2016 08:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She's not going to be "indicted". Read the Inspector's report.
Facepalm

The IG report pretty much blasted her for not following procedure. I didn't think that looked good for her at all. Not sure why you think that somehow makes it less likely she's getting indicted.

As a secondary point, the SDIG does not decide on whether or not to recommend the US Attorney convene a grand jury. The FBI does that. And, so far, they haven't said a whole lot.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
02-06-2016, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 09:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-06-2016 01:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
Facepalm

Trump on the other hand, is already being tried for his Trump University fraud.

That is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal case. Apples and oranges.

That doesn't preclude the NY Attorney general from raising charges of fraud later and use the findings of the civil suit to warrant a criminal investigation. I mean he's already called it out as being the most blatantly obvious fraud case he's ever seen..

#sigh
02-06-2016, 10:46 PM
(02-06-2016 09:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 01:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal case. Apples and oranges.

That doesn't preclude the NY Attorney general from raising charges of fraud later and use the findings of the civil suit to warrant a criminal investigation. I mean he's already called it out as being the most blatantly obvious fraud case he's ever seen..

Of course not, and thankfully the protection against double-jeopardy doesn't apply between civil and criminal cases. I do think that what he did was criminal based on what I've read. I only hope that the authorities pick up the cudgel and beat him about the head and shoulders with it. Smile
02-06-2016, 11:45 PM
(02-06-2016 10:46 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 09:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That doesn't preclude the NY Attorney general from raising charges of fraud later and use the findings of the civil suit to warrant a criminal investigation. I mean he's already called it out as being the most blatantly obvious fraud case he's ever seen..

Of course not, and thankfully the protection against double-jeopardy doesn't apply between civil and criminal cases. I do think that what he did was criminal based on what I've read. I only hope that the authorities pick up the cudgel and beat him about the head and shoulders with it. Smile

Whereupon he and his supporters will say "See how scared the establishment with their cushy cars and nice offices are of me, the people's champion. They are even trumping up (HAH) charges against me in a desperate and undemocratic attempt to keep me from office."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post