Should Hillary Keep Running If Indicted? Half The Country Thinks So

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: Should Hillary Keep Running If Indicted? Half The Country Thinks So
Even if clinton is guilty, I kinda doubt she will get in trouble, I mean she is back by very corrupted companies.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2016, 01:37 AM
(02-06-2016 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 10:46 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Of course not, and thankfully the protection against double-jeopardy doesn't apply between civil and criminal cases. I do think that what he did was criminal based on what I've read. I only hope that the authorities pick up the cudgel and beat him about the head and shoulders with it. Smile

Whereupon he and his supporters will say "See how scared the establishment with their cushy cars and nice offices are of me, the people's champion. They are even trumping up (HAH) charges against me in a desperate and undemocratic attempt to keep me from office."

Let him whine, and undermine further his tough-guy image.

He's painted himself into too many corners, he cannot move for fear of disturbing the finish ... but mobility is everything.
03-06-2016, 02:13 AM
(03-06-2016 01:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Whereupon he and his supporters will say "See how scared the establishment with their cushy cars and nice offices are of me, the people's champion. They are even trumping up (HAH) charges against me in a desperate and undemocratic attempt to keep me from office."

Let him whine, and undermine further his tough-guy image.

He's painted himself into too many corners, he cannot move for fear of disturbing the finish ... but mobility is everything.

I doubt that it will undermine the tough guy image. If anything, if he plays it right, he will establish himself in the minds of his supporters as the guy they were so afraid of that they locked him up - if you're looking for a precedent 1930s Germany should do nicely. Trump scares the living fuck out of me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-06-2016, 03:54 AM
(02-06-2016 09:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 01:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal case. Apples and oranges.

That doesn't preclude the NY Attorney general from raising charges of fraud later and use the findings of the civil suit to warrant a criminal investigation. I mean he's already called it out as being the most blatantly obvious fraud case he's ever seen..

The findings of a civil suit are of minimal help in a criminal case, though. The standard of proof in civil litigation is "preponderance of the evidence", which basically equates to "more likely than not ". The standard of proof for a criminal trial is beyond a reasonable doubt, which is a much higher standard.

Typically potential plaintiffs with a civil claim will wait until the criminal trial is concluded, not the other way around. If you are convicted you can't defend against a civil suit at all (assuming the claim is based on the same facts ). That the NYAG is standing on the sidelines throwing stones does not impress me at all. If he wants his comments to be taken seriously, he needs to get an indictment. Otherwise, he needs to shut up.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
03-06-2016, 06:26 AM
(02-06-2016 10:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 08:10 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If it's the latter, what is the crime?
The crime is violating the Federal Records Act, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Espionage Act and 18 U.S. Code § 1924.

Possible crime. So far, she is charged with nothing.
Trump IS indicted, and he's still running.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-06-2016, 08:15 AM
(03-06-2016 06:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 10:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The crime is violating the Federal Records Act, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Espionage Act and 18 U.S. Code § 1924.

Possible crime. So far, she is charged with nothing.

True. Also, I'm not sure why people are worried if she's indicted. Shouldn't the deciding factor be if she's found guilty? Plenty of people get indicted for crimes of which they are never found guilty.
03-06-2016, 08:51 AM
(03-06-2016 08:15 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 06:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Possible crime. So far, she is charged with nothing.

True. Also, I'm not sure why people are worried if she's indicted. Shouldn't the deciding factor be if she's found guilty? Plenty of people get indicted for crimes of which they are never found guilty.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty ? Horrors. What a novel concept. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-06-2016, 08:55 AM
(03-06-2016 08:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 08:15 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  True. Also, I'm not sure why people are worried if she's indicted. Shouldn't the deciding factor be if she's found guilty? Plenty of people get indicted for crimes of which they are never found guilty.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty ? Horrors. What a novel concept. Tongue

Pfft.

Everyone knows that the only real conclusions that matter are the ones we come up with beforehand. Anything subsequent is by definition proof of what we already believe, because reasons.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
03-06-2016, 05:11 PM
(02-06-2016 06:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 08:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She's not going to be "indicted". Read the Inspector's report.
Facepalm

The IG report pretty much blasted her for not following procedure. I didn't think that looked good for her at all. Not sure why you think that somehow makes it less likely she's getting indicted.

This from a lawyer? Did we read the same report?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2016, 05:19 PM
(03-06-2016 03:54 AM)BnW Wrote:  If he wants his comments to be taken seriously, he needs to get an indictment.

From my read he is preparing one.

#sigh