Who The Fuck Is Hylonome?!
I have no idea. Hell, I'm only voting because I don't want to feel left out
[Show Results]

Should Hylonome Return To The Forums?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Should Hylonome Return To The Forums?
OK people. Just to clarify everything I'm posting here is 100% serious.

Hylonome (my sister) isn't sure whether she should return to the forums. She's paranoid that people might not want her joining in conversations and threads because she's new. She enjoys the forums and likes everyone but is just a little bit intimidated, presumably by the strong rapport most of us share.

I've tried to explain to her just how stupidly flawed that logic is as we were all new here at some point but she won't hear it from me. So I figured I may as well let you lot give your views.

The poll is anonymous so be as honest as you want.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: Should Hylonome Return To The Forums?
I am not a good babysitter. If she doesn't feel that she can handle it and she has seen how it is here, then she can't handle it.

Confidence is key.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Tell her to come! deep down we're nice... really deep down, under all the caustic layers of cynic humour Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
13-09-2012, 10:04 AM
She should definitely come back. We all started a the new person at some point, I found people here quite welcoming.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-09-2012, 10:07 AM
If her issue is just being new, give her a kick in the ass and tell her Stark is waiting for her to join. If she is intimidated, just start slow. Join in on some of the casual threads and get to know people. Save the serious threads for just reading until she's more comfortable.

I've said it before....this forum isn't for everyone. But it's free to join, and free to leave, so why not give it a go?

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-09-2012, 10:08 AM
So... what's the big deal? Either come or go - up to her. If she wants to hang around and put her two cents in, she should do it. Shouldn't be up to some poll or anyone else - should be her decision. She's the only one who can control her.

Teenagers. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
13-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Tell her to give it a chance. I know she received some shit from bishadi, but that problem has been dealt with.

Hylonome, if you like the forum and the people here, you will get on just fine.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
13-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Poll:
Should Hylonome, in real life, fight the fear that we all sometimes feel that makes us shy away from any clique that already has a strong raport?

Is Hylonome ever going to find herself in a "new" environment where it would have been useful to have learned some coping-skills when she was younger?

Should Hylonome build up her confidence by taking a few knocks in a relatively safe virtual environment?

Would Hylonome earn respect just by giving it a go?

DLJ votes yay!

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
13-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Of course she should return!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
13-09-2012, 11:04 AM
People who ask stupid questions - Hughsie - should be shot. Evil_monster

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Question for members experienced with MyBB and other forums PoolBoyG 8 220 31-12-2013 08:16 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Technical question about the forums NL Atheist 37 887 28-11-2013 04:26 AM
Last Post: Dark Light
  Why has the forums been so dead recently? Tartarus Sauce 41 1,228 18-07-2013 12:38 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
Question What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session) Dark Light 291 5,927 18-07-2013 12:30 AM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Can we color-code some forums? Aseptic Skeptic 33 1,120 04-03-2013 05:43 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  New Forums Needed: Language Academy & Duties of Atheists Civilized Man 1 417 15-10-2010 08:30 AM
Last Post: Unbeliever