Should I Delete Christian Music?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2015, 06:41 AM
RE: Should I Delete Christian Music?
(08-04-2015 02:09 PM)cyberman Wrote:  Although I am now an atheist, I still have a few Christian heavy metal albums on my iTunes account. Listening to them through non-religious ears, i realize now that they are not of the same quality as proper heavy metal although, to be fair, some aren't too bad.
Should i just delete them and have no Christian music at all? Have others here experience of this?

I deleted all of the Xmas music from my collection. I don't want to hear it. It get's in your head. Once it does it plays over and over! I don't even like to shop during that season of the zombie. I get blasted by their music.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Doesn't everyone feel like that about Christmas music every year on Dec 27?

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
10-04-2015, 08:40 AM
I never head much religious music but there was this Christian rock band I used to listen even without being a theist - I think it was Skillet. anyway I haven't listened to it in a long time

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Did As I Lay Dying count as a Christian band before their singer hired a hit man for his wife? Smile

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
10-04-2015, 09:53 AM
(10-04-2015 08:58 AM)Alex K Wrote:  Did As I Lay Dying count as a Christian band before their singer hired a hit man for his wife? Smile

Lol. As I Stay Imprisoned.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
20-04-2015, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 12:47 AM by Szuchow.)
(08-04-2015 02:09 PM)cyberman Wrote:  Although I am now an atheist, I still have a few Christian heavy metal albums on my iTunes account. Listening to them through non-religious ears, i realize now that they are not of the same quality as proper heavy metal although, to be fair, some aren't too bad.
Should i just delete them and have no Christian music at all? Have others here experience of this?

Why do you think you should delete the music? I'm atheist and I certainly can enjoy Brahms* and his Messiah not to mention other religious art. There is simply no reason to do what you thinking about, or at least I do not see one.

*Handel

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-04-2015, 06:22 PM
(20-04-2015 10:22 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

Why do you think you should delete the music? I'm atheist and I certainly can enjoy Brahms and his Messiah not to mention other religious art. There is simply no reason to do what you thinking about, or at least I do not see one.

Do you perhaps mean Handel's Messiah or Brahms' Requiem?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Christian music is sometimes great -- check out Bach.

But "Christian metal"? You might as well drink near-beer. Metal is about nonconformity and fearlessness. Metal is not concerned about saving your soul; metal is about bulldozing it, and in the process turning over new and fresh dirt inside you.

Christian music can be really great stuff. "Christian metal" is about as enjoyable as gonorrhea.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-04-2015, 12:45 AM
(20-04-2015 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 10:22 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Why do you think you should delete the music? I'm atheist and I certainly can enjoy Brahms and his Messiah not to mention other religious art. There is simply no reason to do what you thinking about, or at least I do not see one.

Do you perhaps mean Handel's Messiah or Brahms' Requiem?

Handel's Messiah. My mistake. Thanks for correcting.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-04-2015, 06:13 AM
(08-04-2015 03:08 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I agree with the others. Enjoy the music for what it is.

A choir piece I like is called "Heaven father" (in another language), the music is great, the voices are great (love male choirs).

If we mean to have heroes, statesmen and philosophers, we should have learned women.

Abigail Adams