Poll: Are marches worthwhile???
Yes.
No.
Yes AND No.
Pass
[Show Results]

Should I continue marching (my self defeatist attitude)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Over the years I have been involved in the planning and running of different events with people.... at the start a lot of it was based upon things from conspiracy (shudders at this recollection.... the possible unfactual/unproveable shit I could of helped spread) but then later on I "evolved" and as I became more libertarian the events I co-planned/attended had a more "down to earth" focus.

Ive not done anything for ages now.... I think the biggest reason for me personally was watching the entire "occupy" movement rise..... and then die down (I wouldnt say fail)

Whereas once I believed in change in the world..... I tend to lean more on the "negative" and (realistic???) side of things now.

I have been offered free transportation to a March happening in London on the 20th of October.... the march is against austerity and it is being led by different Trade Unions...... 500,000 people turned up last year and Im imagining the turnout may be greater this year.

Here is a quick vid by the Union "Unite" about it...........

and more info in general can be gleamed from this link http://afuturethatworks.org/

Now on a personal basis I think the experience will be very enriching for me, I have never been to London and I have never been on any marches that even come close to the size of this one.... however their is that little teeny voice in the back of my head that says "Is it really worth it???" because last time nothing changed and I dont think people going to London and making a noise and causing an "inconvenience" (as so many people phrase it) for one day alone will have the goverment shaking in their boots somehow.

So im stuck in my decision.... part of me wants to go because at the end of the day I would like to have something to show any kids I may have that I was interested and tried to make a difference in the world and I think I will learn something..... but on the main reason behind me going, wanting change that will benefit people.... I think im wasting my time like I have done in all the other marches I have been on.

So do people think its worth it me going???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 03:15 AM
RE: Should I continue marching (my self defeatist attitude)
How the fuck you never been to London? Huh

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-10-2012, 05:53 AM
There probably will be a lot of hot chicks there. Of course it'll be worthwhile!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-10-2012, 08:16 AM
(01-10-2012 03:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How the fuck you never been to London? Huh

I live and work in a city, when I do have days out or short breaks I normally retreat to the countryside.

From what I hear its an overated, expensive shithole.

(01-10-2012 05:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  There probably will be a lot of hot chicks there. Of course it'll be worthwhile!

This kinda encapsulates everything that im going on about.... I know that you mean it in a light hearted Erx and there is allways the chance of me hooking up with some ladies, however it detracts from the very reason why Im going there in the first place.

Ive been giving it some thought whilst ive been out and I am going.... pebbles making ripples and all that... you cant reach a critical mass in the future if everybody stays at home on the internet Confused

Still interested in peoples views on Marchs/demos in general though Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
01-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Go!

When you have an opportunity to broaden your horizons, take it!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-10-2012, 09:18 AM
(01-10-2012 08:16 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 03:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How the fuck you never been to London? Huh

I live and work in a city, when I do have days out or short breaks I normally retreat to the countryside.

From what I hear its an overated, expensive shithole.

(01-10-2012 05:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  There probably will be a lot of hot chicks there. Of course it'll be worthwhile!

This kinda encapsulates everything that im going on about.... I know that you mean it in a light hearted Erx and there is allways the chance of me hooking up with some ladies, however it detracts from the very reason why Im going there in the first place.

Ive been giving it some thought whilst ive been out and I am going.... pebbles making ripples and all that... you cant reach a critical mass in the future if everybody stays at home on the internet Confused

Still interested in peoples views on Marchs/demos in general though Thumbsup

Nah, your focus is too narrow. If you use the excuse to go to a march ONLY to hook up with the ladies, then that may not be inspiring enough for you (not sure why...Tongue), but if you go ONLY hoping the march will change the world, that may not be reasonable. But if you take Dom's suggestion and just GO planning to broaden your horizons, then do it. It's the full package...It's the experience of the trip. It's a case of the old adage, the Journey is more worthwhile than the Destination. Go see a new city. Go see and talk to interesting people. Stand up for something you believe in and have your mind open to new possibilities. If you can afford the time off and the travel, then quit your pussy-footing around and get off your ass.
Here is your battle call:

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-10-2012, 09:38 AM
(01-10-2012 08:16 AM)bemore Wrote:  From what I hear its an overated, expensive shithole.

This is true, in my opinion.

(01-10-2012 08:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  Go!

When you have an opportunity to broaden your horizons, take it!

This is more true. Nuff said.

Marches are just one form, as is voting, of a satisfaction survey.

It will be noticed and the magnitude is all important.

A solidarity movement, success or failure, makes a mark in the history books.

I'm curious.... Are you starting from Jarrow?

01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
(01-10-2012 09:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ... the Journey is more worthwhile than the Destination...

Sir, permission to use this next weekend when AnusIV or Sinner's Prayer) or whoever) comes back with their "evolution has a goal" nonsense?

01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
(01-10-2012 09:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 09:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ... the Journey is more worthwhile than the Destination...

Sir, permission to use this next weekend when AnusIV or Sinner's Prayer) or whoever) comes back with their "evolution has a goal" nonsense?

We are pleased to grant permission.Girl_nails

~Izel
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah you are right peeps.... the clash got my blood boiling erx (in a good way)

(01-10-2012 09:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm curious.... Are you starting from Jarrow?

Not sure where we are starting from. One of my work colleagues is a union rep and he got me on the bus (I dont belong to any unions)

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post