Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?
Oh hell no. Chow down at Chick Fil A. Tongue
(even if you make the Baby Jesus cry).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-08-2015, 06:55 PM
We like to go to The Pizza Ranch every once in a while, which is a christian based restaurant. They have a fried chicken buffet with all the fixins on one side, and a pizza buffet on the other and they'll make you any kind of pizza you want and bring it to your table. The pizza is okay, but you can't go wrong with an endless fried chicken dinner the way your mom used to make it. Drooling

Plus they're kid friendly and have stuff my kids will actually eat. I'll support them without too much guilt. Still haven't ever tried chic fil a.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-08-2015, 06:57 PM
(31-08-2015 06:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  We like to go to The Pizza Ranch every once in a while, which is a christian based restaurant. They have a fried chicken buffet with all the fixins on one side, and a pizza buffet on the other and they'll make you any kind of pizza you want and bring it to your table. The pizza is okay, but you can't go wrong with an endless fried chicken dinner the way your mom used to make it. Drooling

Plus they're kid friendly and have stuff my kids will actually eat. I'll support them without too much guilt. Still haven't ever tried chic fil a.

I don't care for Chick-fil-a waffle fries but their lemonade is awesome.

Now and then I just have to have a sandwich from there.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-08-2015, 06:58 PM
A boycott of this sort is unnecessary, IMO. If you want to see real change these days, all you have to do is go on Twitter and threaten to boycott. Get enough famous people to retweet your trending hashtag, and then by the time it goes viral the next morning, the message has already gotten across. At that point, actually going through with the boycott at the local level, unless you're getting the media involved, is not going to accomplish much, except helping you sleep at night, I guess.

Personally, I don't bother boycotting them. Their chicken is tasty, and I'm sure a lot of CEOs are equally assholish, but are just smarter about concealing their bigotry, so they don't get the same media attention.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
31-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Keep posting. A list is being made. Evil_monster

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-08-2015, 07:08 PM
(31-08-2015 06:27 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Man do I love chick fil a. There is one right on my way home from work and I stop there at least twice a week. I took a stand against hobby lobby, but mainly because that place sucks anyways so it wasn't hard to not go there but chick fil a is fantastic. I don't feel good about eating there but it's convenient and delicious. Does anyone else here directly or indirectly support Christian businesses or charities?

You should certainly not feel guilty. If they're providing a product that surpasses your personal objections, then you should give them your business. Besides, employees report that they are all treated fairly at work, and from what I hear, all customers are served equally. The owners' opinions shouldn't matter under these conditions.
31-08-2015, 07:12 PM
The employees at my local Chick-Fil-A don't tell me to have a blessed day anymore, and I know at least one of them is gay.

So don't worry, Satan is still winning the battle Evil_monster

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
31-08-2015, 07:14 PM
[Image: Simon-Judah-Cows.jpg]

The atheist special at Chick-fil-a.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
31-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Jim jefferies has a bit from his new comedy special about how he boycotted chick fil a but when he saw a gay guy on the set of his show chowing down on some he tried it and found out how delicious it is. Now he's imploring someone else to come up with a comparable chicken sandwich so can resume the boycott. Haha
[+] 2 users Like Rkane819's post
31-08-2015, 07:25 PM
I've never eaten at Chik-Fil-A. I'm not even sure where any are, although I think they ma be at the food court of a mall in the area. Drinking Beverage

From the testimonies, I'm guessing I would enjoy it.

So I am Chik-Fil-A sin free, unless I'm guilty of a thought crime. Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post