Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?
They make decent sammiches, and I've eaten there a few times. But generally, I avoid ALL fast food and not because of politics, but because I'm better off without it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-08-2015, 07:32 PM
I've also heard In n out burger is crazy religious too. Any truth to that?
31-08-2015, 07:37 PM
(31-08-2015 07:32 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  I've also heard In n out burger is crazy religious too. Any truth to that?

Yes, they put Bible verses on their packaging. And they're very overrated for burgers, anyways.
31-08-2015, 07:56 PM
(31-08-2015 06:38 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 06:37 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In recognition of exposing the traitors among us, OP; we'll kill you quick. EA, we'll kill you slow.

Weeping Save me, Revs. Saves me! Hobo

Don't worry everyone she will be punished thoroughly. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-08-2015, 08:00 PM
I've considered the same with regard to artistic works created by creators whose personal positions I object to.

Given that the management of the company will assuredly use the profits of your sale to further a reactionary social agenda of demonstrable harm to others, I suppose the question is whether that is worth the personal benefit? And additionally, of course, whether individual actions in their statistical insignificance have any real broader societal impact at all. Which, to be sure, leads us in the strict converse to a miserable goddamn world...

On the other hand, I've never eaten there. Maybe it just tastes that good.
Consider

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
31-08-2015, 08:26 PM
It's pretty fucking delicious. Ever had their chicken egg & cheese breakfast sandwich? It's like a chicken having sex with a bagel in your mouth!

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
31-08-2015, 08:38 PM
(31-08-2015 07:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 06:38 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Weeping Save me, Revs. Saves me! Hobo

Don't worry everyone she will be punished thoroughly. Drinking Beverage

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
31-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Hmm, I guess I hadn't really added it up that a portion of every sandwich I buy goes towards their backwards agenda. Ironically, I just had a discussion with my wife about a company she supports who uses 100% of the profits to send missionaries out to evangelize in third world countries. I certainly wouldn't buy from them. I guess I'll have to stick with chipotle. They aren't run by Scientologists or anything are they?
31-08-2015, 08:58 PM
(31-08-2015 08:39 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Hmm, I guess I hadn't really added it up that a portion of every sandwich I buy goes towards their backwards agenda. Ironically, I just had a discussion with my wife about a company she supports who uses 100% of the profits to send missionaries out to evangelize in third world countries. I certainly wouldn't buy from them. I guess I'll have to stick with chipotle. They aren't run by Scientologists or anything are they?

The guys about to be sued into oblivion for lying about GMO content after just poisoning 115 in California? Those guys? You should probably just bag lunch. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-08-2015, 09:07 PM
(31-08-2015 08:39 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Hmm, I guess I hadn't really added it up that a portion of every sandwich I buy goes towards their backwards agenda. Ironically, I just had a discussion with my wife about a company she supports who uses 100% of the profits to send missionaries out to evangelize in third world countries. I certainly wouldn't buy from them. I guess I'll have to stick with chipotle. They aren't run by Scientologists or anything are they?

Unless you grow it yourself from cultivars you bred for yourself, you're going to be supporting someone else in the expression of their views somewhere along the line, if only by proxy...

Giving even the bare minimum of your own in direct support of causes you believe in as a counterweight should get you through the night no problem.

... this is my signature!