Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 08:01 AM
RE: Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?
(01-09-2015 02:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 02:00 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Me and evolutionkills along with a few others like robby were thinking of allowing you admittion to our secret atheist satanic illuminati organization to meet our mighty and incredibly satanic and divine leader and lord and master, Richard Dawkins and his right hand man, Charles Darwin's Clone, but now you can forget it!

WTF? We have cloning tech already and yet somehow I don't have my own personal Scarlett Johansson clone? The outrage! Angry

The world has enough bearded hipsters already without resurrecting Charles Darwin... Dodgy

He means the reptiloid clones, EK.

She'd eat your face off, afterwards, anyway.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
01-09-2015, 08:19 AM
(31-08-2015 09:12 PM)Losty Wrote:  Was there any truth to that thing about chic fil a donating millions of dollars to the kill the gays foundation in Uganda?

One of the recipients was the Family Research Council, which is listed by the SPLC as a hate group based on it's views about homosexuality, but I couldn't find anything about CFA supporting any group advocating the murder of gays.
01-09-2015, 06:25 PM
OP here, I'm on my way home from work and im hungry...im torn now. One thing I'll say is that I'm usually listening to TTA or dogma debate when Im in the drive through, that's gotta count for something.
[+] 1 user Likes Rkane819's post
01-09-2015, 06:32 PM
(01-09-2015 06:25 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  OP here, I'm on my way home from work and im hungry...im torn now. One thing I'll say is that I'm usually listening to TTA or dogma debate when Im in the drive through, that's gotta count for something.

A lively episode of Cognitive Dissonance would likely get their attention. Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-09-2015, 07:31 PM
(31-08-2015 07:02 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Keep posting. A list is being made. Evil_monster

Thought you slipped that one by me did you? HA!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-09-2015, 07:35 PM
(31-08-2015 08:39 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  I guess I'll have to stick with chipotle. They aren't run by Scientologists or anything are they?

Santerians. No need to let a perfectly good sacrifice go to waste.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2015, 07:42 PM
(01-09-2015 07:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Santerians. No need to let a perfectly good sacrifice go to waste.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?
Welcome to America. Even the jimmy johns CEO goes endangered species hunting

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
01-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Don't feel guilty!
First my date and I get a sandwich at [Image: chick-fil-a-logo-md_zpsegwnyo5b.jpg]
Then we go get a drink at
[Image: innoutbible_zpstaqrzllm.jpg]
After that, we go have unprotected sex in the parking lot of...
[Image: P1-BP521_HOBBYL_G_20140321181752_zpspr7ok4kn.jpg]
Guilt free! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
02-09-2015, 05:19 PM
(01-09-2015 07:07 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Nah, I love chik fil-a, it is the ONLY fast food I will eat as I can identify the food as being actual food.

We have a local restaurant chain here called "cook out"...and it has cheap food, standard fast food fare...burgers, hotdogs, shakes, fries....anyway, there is always a line wrapped around the building and overfilled parking lot

Now the "Cook Out" smacks you in the face....EVERY thing has scripture on it, the cups, the wrappers, the napkins...walls decorated with jesus BS...it truly is sickening...I couldnt leave fast enough. If Chik-fil-a was like that, I wouldn't eat there, but it isn't so I do Smile

Cook Out's milkshakes are so freaking amazing, that a little Pat Robertson bobble head could pop out of the cup and tell me I was going to hell, and I'd still go there! Honestly, I never even noticed the bible verses until a couple of months ago. I thought it was something new.

As for Chick-Fil-A, I did boycott for a while after the contributing to bigoted organizations scandal broke, then when it seemed the whole thing might have been overblown, I relented. I go there occasionally. Their sandwiches are delicious! In general, I couldn't give 2 shits what the religious beliefs of businesses are. It is as irrelevant to their ability to provide goods or services as my atheism is doing my job. A local Chick-Fil-A franchise owner did tell my atheist family member that she should fire him when she found out he was an atheist. When he pointed out that that would be quite illegal, she backed down. I did not visit that particular store while she was running it.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post