Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 05:50 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?
(02-09-2015 05:19 PM)beeglez Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 07:07 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Nah, I love chik fil-a, it is the ONLY fast food I will eat as I can identify the food as being actual food.

We have a local restaurant chain here called "cook out"...and it has cheap food, standard fast food fare...burgers, hotdogs, shakes, fries....anyway, there is always a line wrapped around the building and overfilled parking lot

Now the "Cook Out" smacks you in the face....EVERY thing has scripture on it, the cups, the wrappers, the napkins...walls decorated with jesus BS...it truly is sickening...I couldnt leave fast enough. If Chik-fil-a was like that, I wouldn't eat there, but it isn't so I do Smile

Cook Out's milkshakes are so freaking amazing, that a little Pat Robertson bobble head could pop out of the cup and tell me I was going to hell, and I'd still go there! Honestly, I never even noticed the bible verses until a couple of months ago. I thought it was something new.

As for Chick-Fil-A, I did boycott for a while after the contributing to bigoted organizations scandal broke, then when it seemed the whole thing might have been overblown, I relented. I go there occasionally. Their sandwiches are delicious! In general, I couldn't give 2 shits what the religious beliefs of businesses are. It is as irrelevant to their ability to provide goods or services as my atheism is doing my job. A local Chick-Fil-A franchise owner did tell my atheist family member that she should fire him when she found out he was an atheist. When he pointed out that that would be quite illegal, she backed down. I did not visit that particular store while she was running it.

Yeah I normally could care less either unless it is on an exceptionally obnoxious level like my local Cook Out. My wife and I went to the Cook Out, and just sat there while eating nudging each other and nodding to all of the bible references while exchanging wtf looks. We do a lot of bed and breakfasts, and one was obnoxiously covered in jesus shit in our room.....didn't say anything, just will never go back there again. I often wonder how they would feel if they rented a bed and breakfast room, and in their room was ISLAM propaganda wall to wall, with a copy of the qu'ran on the bedside table.....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
02-09-2015, 05:47 PM
(02-09-2015 05:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I often wonder how they would feel if they rented a bed and breakfast room, and in their room was ISLAM propaganda wall to wall, with a copy of the qu'ran on the bedside table.....

That gives me an idea about how to get the insurance company to pay for this property I can't unload without committing arson. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-09-2015, 05:50 PM
(02-09-2015 05:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 05:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I often wonder how they would feel if they rented a bed and breakfast room, and in their room was ISLAM propaganda wall to wall, with a copy of the qu'ran on the bedside table.....

That gives me an idea about how to get the insurance company to pay for this property I can't unload without committing arson. Thumbsup

The Confederate Inn? Consider
02-09-2015, 05:53 PM
(02-09-2015 05:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 05:19 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Cook Out's milkshakes are so freaking amazing, that a little Pat Robertson bobble head could pop out of the cup and tell me I was going to hell, and I'd still go there! Honestly, I never even noticed the bible verses until a couple of months ago. I thought it was something new.

As for Chick-Fil-A, I did boycott for a while after the contributing to bigoted organizations scandal broke, then when it seemed the whole thing might have been overblown, I relented. I go there occasionally. Their sandwiches are delicious! In general, I couldn't give 2 shits what the religious beliefs of businesses are. It is as irrelevant to their ability to provide goods or services as my atheism is doing my job. A local Chick-Fil-A franchise owner did tell my atheist family member that she should fire him when she found out he was an atheist. When he pointed out that that would be quite illegal, she backed down. I did not visit that particular store while she was running it.

Yeah I normally could care less either unless it is on an exceptionally obnoxious level like my local Cook Out. My wife and I went to the Cook Out, and just sat there while eating nudging each other and nodding to all of the bible references while exchanging wtf looks. We do a lot of bed and breakfasts, and one was obnoxiously covered in jesus shit in our room.....didn't say anything, just will never go back there again. I often wonder how they would feel if they rented a bed and breakfast room, and in their room was ISLAM propaganda wall to wall, with a copy of the qu'ran on the bedside table.....

I've been to our cook out only once, & don't remember seeing any of that..... I need to have another look, & if the coast is clear: another shake.
02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
(02-09-2015 05:53 PM)7R0MM3L Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 05:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yeah I normally could care less either unless it is on an exceptionally obnoxious level like my local Cook Out. My wife and I went to the Cook Out, and just sat there while eating nudging each other and nodding to all of the bible references while exchanging wtf looks. We do a lot of bed and breakfasts, and one was obnoxiously covered in jesus shit in our room.....didn't say anything, just will never go back there again. I often wonder how they would feel if they rented a bed and breakfast room, and in their room was ISLAM propaganda wall to wall, with a copy of the qu'ran on the bedside table.....

I've been to our cook out only once, & don't remember seeing any of that..... I need to have another look, & if the coast is clear: another shake.

Really? hmmm I wonder if it just mine that is smothered in jesus...I just assumed they all were as it is a new chain in our area and usually chains mimic whatever motif they are peddling across the board..let me know what you find next shake you get Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
03-09-2015, 07:18 PM
(02-09-2015 05:55 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 05:53 PM)7R0MM3L Wrote:  I've been to our cook out only once, & don't remember seeing any of that..... I need to have another look, & if the coast is clear: another shake.

Really? hmmm I wonder if it just mine that is smothered in jesus...I just assumed they all were as it is a new chain in our area and usually chains mimic whatever motif they are peddling across the board..let me know what you find next shake you get Thumbsup

We got one here in Rome, GA. Didn't notice any Jesus shit, their shakes are shit though

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2015, 08:43 AM
I've never eaten there. But I probably would. I generally don't care to mix politics with food! Smile
I'm pretty convinced it don't really matter where you spend your money because it'll be used for something I don't agree with regardless.
Billy won't eat at chick fil a because the use the money to hate on gays. Billy must sacrifice the flavour for his convictions.
Billy also don't want to pay taxes because the money is used to kill brown people (can be considered a greater crime than just hating people) but Billy's convictions aren't so strong in this case. Billy will stand up when there is no or very little cost to him but he will say nothing if it costs him much. Billy doesn't actually care about chick fil a (it's fillet) or what they do. Billy just likes to be outraged about things. Billy likes to be noticed and he really wants the cute granola girl to notice him. Billy is on the path to become a SJW. Soon he'll be shouting about cis white males and guys saying "hello" to women they don't know. Meanwhile all across the world people are suffering and dying from starvation, sickness and horrible people but it costs to much for Billy to do anything about any of that.... Wink
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
04-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Take caution that that which you justify today does not become tomorrow's system of justice.

Know what would be cool? An SJW sound-bite generator. Like Chopra's got. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-09-2015, 09:29 AM
(04-09-2015 09:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Take caution that that which you justify today does not become tomorrow's system of justice.

Know what would be cool? An SJW sound-bite generator. Like Chopra's got. Evil_monster

*ahem*

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
04-09-2015, 09:33 AM
(04-09-2015 09:29 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Take caution that that which you justify today does not become tomorrow's system of justice.

*ahem*

ROT IN HELL, YOU OTHERKINPHOBIC WHITE-PRIVILEGED LOSER.

Score. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post