Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Should I feel guilty for eating at chick fil a?
I don't eat at chick fil a on Sundays...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
04-09-2015, 09:35 AM
(04-09-2015 09:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:29 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  *ahem*

ROT IN HELL, YOU OTHERKINPHOBIC WHITE-PRIVILEGED LOSER.

Score. Thumbsup

GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU HETEROPATRIARCHAL DEMISPECIES-DESEXUALIZING, SMALLFAT-ELITIST CARNIST

Laughat

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
04-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Never heard of it but if I'm ever in America I will make sure to avoid it like all the fast food places there

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/animal...-suppliers

Although I appreciate people aren't really bothered if another sentient creature has to live and die in a miserable way to provide a few minutes of pleasure. But at the very least:

Quote:It also accused workers at the slaughterhouse of actively trying to conceal vermin on the premises from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

Remember, cheap food is cheap for a reason and you are what you eat.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
04-09-2015, 09:56 AM
(04-09-2015 09:35 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ROT IN HELL, YOU OTHERKINPHOBIC WHITE-PRIVILEGED LOSER.

Score. Thumbsup

GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU HETEROPATRIARCHAL DEMISPECIES-DESEXUALIZING, SMALLFAT-ELITIST CARNIST

Laughat

Oh, this is great - thanks for making my day HeartHeartHeart

That being said,

GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC, YOU TRANSETHNIC-LABELING, UTERUS-BEARER-PRIVILEGED NAZI

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
04-09-2015, 10:01 AM
(04-09-2015 09:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC, YOU TRANSETHNIC-LABELING, UTERUS-BEARER-PRIVILEGED NAZI

CHOKE ON A BAG OF DICKS, YOU BIPHOBIC HETERO-PRIVILEGED PIECE OF SHIT

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Drunkin - Don't be an asshat. The "I'm cool 'cuz I'm not like those silly wussy hipsters" kind of hipster. Knock it off.

When food stops costing money, then you won't mix politics and food, and not a moment before.

Money is politics; dollars are votes. Do I think we should avoid eating at CFA? No, I think they're fine and within their rights as a company, and do the best they can to follow their beliefs, and are more ethical than most companies out there.

People do what they can on the small scale. The pick small battles to fight and then they fight them. If we did nothing because we can't fix global problems, then nothing ever changes for the better.

So take your "Billy likes to be outraged at things" and go fuck yourself. And no, I'm not outraged, I just think you're the worst kind of douchebag, who use mockery and sneering to look down on people who even try to pay attention to things going on in the world, even on the micro scale. You're ten times worse than the fake-concern types you're mocking, especially since it's generally a straw man argument, and you're a hundred times worse than those who actually try to care.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
04-09-2015, 10:33 AM
(31-08-2015 06:27 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Does anyone else here directly or indirectly support Christian businesses or charities?

I support Iraqi Christian Relief Council. I think they're doing great humanitarian work. I also support christian businesses if they produce a good product.

But... apparently there are some Christians who are boycotting Starbucks because the CEO supports same sex marriage. They can't ever take it themselves, but they're sure good at dishing it out.

http://conservativepost.com/starbucks-ce...-business/

http://www.dumpstarbucks.com/

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/starbucks.asp
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
04-09-2015, 03:01 PM
(04-09-2015 09:33 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't eat at chick fil a on Sundays...

I've never tried it even though it's right next door to the movie theater I go to for Sunday matinee. It's always closed.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Yes you should.
05-09-2015, 01:23 PM
(04-09-2015 10:09 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Drunkin - Don't be an asshat. The "I'm cool 'cuz I'm not like those silly wussy hipsters" kind of hipster. Knock it off.

When food stops costing money, then you won't mix politics and food, and not a moment before.

Money is politics; dollars are votes. Do I think we should avoid eating at CFA? No, I think they're fine and within their rights as a company, and do the best they can to follow their beliefs, and are more ethical than most companies out there.

People do what they can on the small scale. The pick small battles to fight and then they fight them. If we did nothing because we can't fix global problems, then nothing ever changes for the better.

So take your "Billy likes to be outraged at things" and go fuck yourself. And no, I'm not outraged, I just think you're the worst kind of douchebag, who use mockery and sneering to look down on people who even try to pay attention to things going on in the world, even on the micro scale. You're ten times worse than the fake-concern types you're mocking, especially since it's generally a straw man argument, and you're a hundred times worse than those who actually try to care.

[Image: anchorman.jpg]

One topic that there is disagreement on doesn't make anyone 'the worst kind of douchebag' and all the rest of this pretentious rant.

Take a pill, you need to calm down.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post